Series Talk: 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1|Colorado Avalanche VS Nashville Predators|We Are Prey

R2daV

Apr 8, 2018
I woke up with so much energy today. Don't know what to do with myself for the next 8 hours

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Just booked my Avengers tickets for next Friday night, hoping the NHL schedulers do me a favor and dont schedule Avs/Jets on that night aswell!!

We're seeing the Avengers Thursday night then flying to Oregon Friday morning for a vaca. My wife is going to be so pissed if the Avs pull off a miracle and make the second round :laugh:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This game is going to be so much fun and such a high pressure situation for the Preds.

Avs are at home with a chance to force a game 7 win or go home scenario. We got great goaltending last game which hasn't been the story in the series so far.

A hot goaltender plus an offense that's easily capable of scoring 4-5+ goals at home on any team in the league...

There's a chance boys and girls. There's a real chance.

Reactions: jwalker647

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Check it

dAGQP7

View attachment 115795

Man. Quick with a .947 sv pct and doesn't get a single W.

So criminal.

Reactions: MacBradley

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Did Bednar or Sakic, or any of the players, ever say what the injuries where? We know EJ's, but Bednar wouldn't confirm any of the rest on Sunday night. Varly said in his interview that his was indeed a knee injury, and was out 5-8 weeks, and would have missed the 1st two rounds, but never said what kind of knee injury it was.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Did Bednar or Sakic, or any of the players, ever say what the injuries where? We know EJ's, but Bednar wouldn't confirm any of the rest on Sunday night. Varly said in his interview that his was indeed a knee injury, and was out 5-8 weeks, and would have missed the 1st two rounds, but never said what kind of knee injury it was.

EJ suffered a fractured patella in the game against the Flyboys.

They did not specify Mikko's injury, and didn't disclose anything about Nemeth but apparently he will need surgery.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If there's one thing you can't take away from Nemeth it's that he's gutsy and will battle. He may not be the most talented, or mistake free defensive defenseman but he finds ways to play above his capabilities, and through pain apparently too.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
I thought it was mentioned somewhere on here that Mikko was not injured and is 100% for the Worlds. He damn near looked injured for much of the series and games leading up to the playoffs haha

If that's true then there'll be some much more critical assessments of his play during the series and leading up to the playoffs, yeah.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I thought it was mentioned somewhere on here that Mikko was not injured and is 100% for the Worlds. He damn near looked injured for much of the series and games leading up to the playoffs haha

I'd be curious to see where that came from?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
World championships thread

Interesting thanks. Something tells me that's not completely accurate. Whether there was a translation issue, or something else. I don't think he has a major injury, but I think it was pretty clear he was playing through something affecting him the last month or two. His body didn't move the way it normally does, and there were times he didn't handle the puck the way he normally does, and it wasn't from a lack of effort.

My guess is he had something nagging affecting him, that couldn't heal completely because he was playing through it. Maybe he's towards the end of that healing process, and that's why he's saying he's fine to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad