Series Talk: 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1|Colorado Avalanche VS Nashville Predators|We Are Prey

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Guess we should have somewhere to discuss the actual series between games and such.

RL EDIT:

As forsbergavs32 said above, here we will use this thread for discussion in-between games. I'm also adding Risto's avatar post he made to the OP.

I'mma just post a lot of these here. Pick the one that's yours, or you like the look of.

sGgkA9m.gif
gtZXsZE.gif
4eCLWyn.gif

Gu5xa5o.gif
S9mkiiC.gif
pxnneb5.gif

wcjo5hv.gif
2KT4SLn.gif
pBc2odU.gif

E: More.
CRwrF4Z.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Biggest issue is if the Preds can contain the top line. I remember MacKinnon not getting much done on the road against the Wild last playoff series.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Biggest issue is if the Preds can contain the top line. I remember MacKinnon not getting much done on the road against the Wild last playoff series.

That's why I think if we want to even sniff a chance secondary scoring needs to show up along with Bernier playing like he did last game

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
When the AVs open up their home stand, it will have been 10 years since they last played on my birthday. They lost in OT to the Sharks in Game 2 of that series in 2010. I think we are both due for a win next Monday.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I think this series is comparable to the 1st round match-up that Toronto faced with Washington last year. We have it in us to turn some heads, but we'll need our top guys to play like top guys.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I've always thought that in the playoffs the series doesn't really begin until a home team loses.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Well the Preds beat them 4 times so they're due for a win at least, right?

There's been some bad scores against them this season but I thought they always at least showed up for most of those games. I have no illusions of winning but if they could take one of the first two in Nashville I think they'd raise some eyebrows.

Reactions: cgf

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Barrie is a great playoff performer. Playoffs are different than regular season, there are always guys like Comeau, Nieto, Andrighetto and Zadorov that suddenly turn into stars during the playoffs. Anything can happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad