Series Discussion: 2018 Stanley Cup Final: Washington Capitals vs Vegas Golden Knights

Who wins?

• Total voters

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I'm already torn about Caps having to go up against Fleury.
Will he own us or is this time going to be different??
It would be the sweetest victory of all if the Caps get a few early goals on him and completely destroy his confidence.
If it wasn't for him being other-worldly Vegas would NOT have made it to the finals.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Safe to say the Karlsson line will see plenty of 9/2. Harder to match on the road, though, so Carlson will need to be on his game as well. I thought his decision-making was rather off in G7 tonight but when you're feeling it as a team it's manageable. Djoos will need to be better as well.

Lots of speed in that Vegas lineup so we'll see how well the Caps are able to slow them down. On paper you see a team with Sbisa & Engelland and think maybe you've got a chance but it'll be on the Caps to break them down. Exits and the forecheck will need to consistently be on point against a team that seems to bring it arguably as consistently as anyone. Shutting down the Karlsson line and being hard on Schmidt will be two keys to at least start putting their defensive grind type stamp on the series.

thelebaron

Feb 25, 2013
san franfrisco
I'm already torn about Caps having to go up against Fleury.
Will he own us or is this time going to be different??
fleury has put his team on his shoulders no doubt and hes been amazing, but the way the caps have been playing its almost a non issue to me. their past demons are just that, winning 4 in a row against columbus after being down 2, beating pittsburgh in decisive fashion, and now tampa after so much being said about caps not being able to hang with the top team, I think its safe to throw out any past narratives that have been dogging them until now.

Jbwest31

Feb 9, 2017
So I rarely put stock into nhl tv analysts, but I agree that Tommy needs to play smart. They are going to try and bait him into taking stupid penalties. If he can keep his cool, he should be able to draw some PPs.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
FF2miiw.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad