Series Discussion: 2018 Stanley Cup Final: Washington Capitals vs Vegas Golden Knights

Who wins?

• Total voters

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but DSP had goals in each of the last 3 games:

G3: tying goal
G4: winning goal
G5: tying goal

The entire team played at their highest possible level, but stuff like this is legendary.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but DSP had goals in each of the last 3 games:

G3: tying goal
G4: winning goal
G5: tying goal

The entire team played at their highest possible level, but stuff like this is legendary.
I rewatched game 4 the next day to hear the CBC broadcast and those guys were saying he was known for scoring huge playoff goals in junior too. He’s one of those guys, the ones who win you Cups. The question now is: Is he the kind that wins 3 Cups in 3 different sweaters or is he Kris Draper?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
VERY happy for you guys, your team and expecially Ovi! He truly embodied everything this championship entails. It was a thrill watching his and other Capitals reactions. My late cousin, A native Bostonian and an almost famous artist who practiced in New York for 35 years of his life was very good friends with one of you who was a true blue Caps fan. Larry was a Bruins fan but his second team was the Caps because of his friendship with this fellow. My cousin died in the street in Cambridge Massachusetts right in front of the hospital (of a massive heart attack) in February of 2016 walking himself to the hospital at 2 AM, his name was Larry Deyab. If you are the Caps fan that he told me about please contact me. (So sorry that I don't remember the name).... I know that Larry is smiling down on you and all Caps fans saying CONGRATULATIONS~!!!!!!

Last edited:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Well, I picked the Caps over Cbus in 6 games.
I picked the Caps over the Pens in 6 games.
I picked the Caps over TBay in 7 games.
I picked the Caps over Las Vegas in 6 games.

So close! :D

missed-it-by-that-much.jpg

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Has there been any indication when the parade will be?

The Washington Capitals' parade to celebrate winning the Stanley Cup for the first time will be held Tuesday beginning at 11 a.m. ET in downtown Washington.

The parade route will begin at Constitution Avenue and 17th Street NW and proceed along Constitution Avenue to 7th Street NW, where it will turn right and culminate in a rally at 7th Street NW and the National Mall.
The parade is free and open to the public. Fans are encouraged to take the Metro or ride-share, with parking extremely limited near the parade route.
The Capitals won the Cup for the first time in their 43-season history with a 4-3 victory against the Vegas Golden Knights on Thursday, which ended the Stanley Cup Final in five games.

Capitals' Stanley Cup parade Tuesday in Washington

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Watching the Cup ceremony for the 12th time it’s sad that Karl Alzner wasn’t apart of this. Wish his health issues didn’t lead to his exit to Montreal. He was a heart and soul guy through the tough years. He should have been lifting the Cup right after Carlson.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Watching the Cup ceremony for the 12th time it’s sad that Karl Alzner wasn’t apart of this. Wish his health issues didn’t lead to his exit to Montreal. He was a heart and soul guy through the tough years. He should have been lifting the Cup right after Carlson.

Yeah, he gave his all. At the end, he was like a wringed out dishcloth. :(

His hands are so crippled from blocking shots that he can’t even open jars anymore.

Shame he couldn’t be there for this. :(

Jun 15, 2007
Yeah, he gave his all. At the end, he was like a wringed out dishcloth. :(

His hands are so crippled from blocking shots that he can’t even open jars anymore.

Shame he couldn’t be there for this. :(

I saw a video the other day that made me feel sad for Alzner.

He will never be able to do this :x

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
They should invite/fly in all the former Caps that were big parts of the Ovechkin teams through the years.
If not for the parade (possible bad optics for their current teams), then for some tasteful private event.
Guys like Alzner, Laich, Mojo, Erskine, maybe also Chimera, Ward, Williams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad