Post-Game Talk: 2018 Stanley Cup Champions @ Mojo's zone entries 7:07PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Eh, I think this is a function of the practical joke on the Caps scheduling to start the season. Caps don’t look like they have their legs.

Reactions: calicapsfan

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I guess the Copley thing is going over great

He's been fine, especially for a young goalie. Capitals aren't doing him any favors, look at the crap Oshie just tried to pull in the defensive zone, or Burakovsky before him.

Reactions: calicapsfan

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Caps looking very slow tonight and can’t clear anything. Very odd game for them.

Dumb it’s Caps 4th game and already second back to back. NHL awful at scheduling

The scheduling is beyond annoying. Of course they're going down the following day after the home opener/banner game, of course they're going to be down after playing their SC nemesis Las Vegas. Ridiculous.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Ehhh Copley I wouldn’t say has been that good.

Yes, Caps getting our worked. But all three goals were preventable. Yes, they were quality chances - but all could be stopped

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
The scheduling is beyond annoying. Of course they're going down the following day after the home opener/banner game, of course they're going to be down after playing their SC nemesis Las Vegas. Ridiculous.

... and the league puts VGK in Pgh the next evening, to play a rested Pens team (which is up 2-1 in the 2nd).

Reactions: sycamore

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Can explain this half ass moronic NHL scheduling?

We play our first 2 games back to back and then have almost a week off then we are playing our 4th on a back to back while NJ is playing their 2nd?

While Tampa has only played 1 game so far as well?

Absolutely moronic

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Ehhh Copley I wouldn’t say has been that good.

Yes, Caps getting our worked. But all three goals were preventable. Yes, they were quality chances - but all could be stopped

He's stopped a few gimmes already. He's been "fine" not good, and still has some of his own kinks to work out but this game isn't on him. He's done about what you'd expect considering the team's effort in front of him. Possibly better.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
6 (or is it 5, whatever) days off between two b2b's is awful scheduling any time during the reg season.

6 days off is a waste this early in the season unless a few top players needed the time to heal early injuries.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
The cherry on top stupidity of it all is that they put them on the back end of a back to back against a super well rested team.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
3 goals

One goal on a puck that was pivot kicked into the net.

One goal on a PP.

One goal on a bar down shot from the slot.

You can really only argue the first goal is a softie, but given that Copley was getting shellacked like a minute before hand and stole at least 3 sure thing goals in that period, I'm willing to let that slide.

He's been good. He has stopped several shots tonight that would not be bad goals if they went in.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Who are our healthy scratches right now? I really would have preferred to see the younger legs and guys that didn't play last night play tonight. I know it's only 4 games into the season but I think playing a guy like Orpik in back-to-backs at any point is not a smart idea.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Ya maybe. In other words we are ******.
Correct.

Without some sense of corrective force we've already seen teams start to take runs at our stars. Marchand on Eller, Kuznetsov/Ovechkin tonight. We're 4 games in without Wilson and teams are going wild now.

We're also kind of shit out of luck because we don't have any waivers exempt guys we're rolling with that we would actually pass down to Hershey if we were interested in bringing up O'Brien.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Who are our healthy scratches right now? I really would have preferred to see the younger legs and guys that didn't play last night play tonight. I know it's only 4 games into the season but I think playing a guy like Orpik in back-to-backs at any point is not a smart idea.
I was surprised Bowey wasnt dressed for this game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad