NCAA GDT: 2018 Season Week 1... Showdown in South Bend

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't think Chip Kelly is that good a coach, same with Sumlin. High schools all over the country are running the same systems that those two are so these kids coming up know how to defend against it. The novelty those systems had has worn off and they aren't good enough coaches to make up for that. The PAC 12 is also terrible again like it has been for years as evidence by their best team Washington losing to an ok Auburn team. I know it was week one but it seems like nothing much has changed in all the big conferences.

AAC UCF
ACC Clemson and FSU
Big 10 Ohio State and Wisconsin
Big 12 Oklahoma
PAC 12 USC and Stanford
SEC Alabama and Georgia

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Lol declarations after the 1st week. Not like they've ever backfired.

Which of those teams didn't look a class above the rest besides FSU who hasn't played yet? It is early but I wasn't impressed with Auburn, PSU, Notre Dame as potential teams that could make the playoffs. Maybe Mississippi State or West Virginia can make some noise but this is college where the same 5 teams are always there in the end so making a week 1 claim isn't far fetched.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
And worse..they are boring as all hell. Jim Harbaugh is turning into Bo. It's 2018.
Remember when Jim Harbaugh was going to revolutionize college football and take away all of Alabama and Georgia and Clemson’s recruits?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Remember when Jim Harbaugh was going to revolutionize college football and take away all of Alabama and Georgia and Clemson’s recruits?
I remember Mark May going mental when Michigan made the offer to him and it was a shot at small schools like Kansas to step out of the way, as if he was ever going somewhere like that.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Funny, they said the same last year and they waxed the Auburn team that beat both Alabama and Georgia last year. The same Auburn that's somehow ranked top 10 right now while they're in the 20's.

Waxed?

Wasn’t it a 7 point win in a game Auburn didn’t care about?

And I thought we were talking about how teams looked this year.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
North Carolina A&T beat ECU today. Pirates have fallen hard since Ruffin McNeil was dismissed.

A&T on the other hand is becoming a very good FCS program.

Reactions: DaveG

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
What is the point behind these early-season neutral site games besides revenue?

Georgia traveling to South Bend last year was an exception.

LSU would NEVER play Miami if they had to travel to the state of Florida.

They, like Bama, always stay in JerryWorld and do't have the guts to travel and play real OOC.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Waxed?

Wasn’t it a 7 point win in a game Auburn didn’t care about?

And I thought we were talking about how teams looked this year.

The score didn't tell the tale, UCF looked far superior. That didn't care retoric is getting old, Auburn cared they just weren't as good so people use that excuse when power 5 teams lose to non P5 schools. Auburn star RB Kerryon Johnson even said they took the game seriously.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Are these running backs at LSU really this good or is it a byproduct of the offensive line?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What is the point behind these early-season neutral site games besides revenue?

Georgia traveling to South Bend last year was an exception.

LSU would NEVER play Miami if they had to travel to the state of Florida.

They, like Bama, always stay in JerryWorld and do't have the guts to travel and play real OOC.

Didn't they travel to Lambeau a few years ago to play Wisconsin?

Reactions: DaveG

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alabama used to schedule home-and-homes before they got into the neutral site games

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
& Miami would go play LSU in Louisiana/N'Awlins?

If LSU agreed to it, yes.

But no- they like Bama just hide in Jerryworld.

Look what happened when LSU traveled to Lambeau to play Wisconsin.

They will NEVER leave Jerryworld. See: Oregon, 2011.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad