NCAA GDT: 2018 Season Week 1... Showdown in South Bend

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Chip Kelly with a horrible decision. Down 2 and on Fourth and 1 from their own 36 with six minutes to go and they went for it and threw a pass and was incomplete terrible call

Reactions: Babe Ruth

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Luke Fickell bypasses two short field goals to go for it twice on fourth down and they make it both times and punch it in, they are gonna beat UCLA out right. And I'm two for two

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
K-State just got screwed in a PI call. South Dakota receiver clearly swung the Wildcat defender down by his neck.

Edit, nevermind it looks like the officials nixed the call. Now SD going to attempt FG to tie, 1 second left.

Kick is no good, hit the crossbar. K-State wins!

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I have absolutely no problem with the idea of reducing kickoff returns to reduce full speed collisions and their consequences. However the increased touchbacks and new fair catch thing still don't fully address the issue. Players are still slamming into each other with 20-30 yard head starts while the ball is in the air and before it is determined to be a touchback or fair catch.

I like Jon Bois' wacky idea (was an actual college coach's idea, forget who) that after a score, a team starts on their own 25 with a 4th and 15. They can either punt (the normal thing to do, essentially a kickoff but without the 20-30 yard head starts) or go for it if they need to (essentially the new "onside kick"),

What do you guys think?

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Well so much for that. Game over. Bleh.

Just a little too careless with the ball while scrambling.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Hawaii might be back to being a decent non-power five team. The Mountain West in general is a little bit better this year I think.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Mccaffrey should look to transfer to texas IMO
Kind of late for that now. He has to sit out 2019 if he transfers. He has not red shirted so he has 2 years of eligibility left after this year.

Might get the job if Patterson continues to look that bad.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Michigan honestly looked like the same team they were last year tonight & the QB didn’t even play that bad.

Patterson tried to make some plays but it seemed like they were coaching as if John O’Korn was still in there.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have absolutely no problem with the idea of reducing kickoff returns to reduce full speed collisions and their consequences. However the increased touchbacks and new fair catch thing still don't fully address the issue. Players are still slamming into each other with 20-30 yard head starts while the ball is in the air and before it is determined to be a touchback or fair catch.

I like Jon Bois' wacky idea (was an actual college coach's idea, forget who) that after a score, a team starts on their own 25 with a 4th and 15. They can either punt (the normal thing to do, essentially a kickoff but without the 20-30 yard head starts) or go for it if they need to (essentially the new "onside kick"),

What do you guys think?

I think I’d make a rule that you can’t rush the punter (and thus you can’t run a fake punt either)

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Michigan honestly looked like the same team they were last year tonight & the QB didn’t even play that bad.

Patterson tried to make some plays but it seemed like they were coaching as if John O’Korn was still in there.

The playcalling was so safe. The only time they looked good is when they went up tempo or Patterson moved around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad