GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That wasn’t the time for that play. Not on 3rd down

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Man the upgrade in front 7 athletes that Va-Tech has made the last few years is impressive. They always could get secondary guys but now they are getting freaky front 7 dudes.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I knew ole Willy Taggert was a bad coach I just didn't think he was this bad. Florida State will be a 10 win team every year with their talent but won't be a serious contender with him at the helm.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I knew ole Willy Taggert was a bad coach I just didn't think he was this bad. Florida State will be a 10 win team every year with their talent but won't be a serious contender with him at the helm.

I'd say 10 wins is a pipe dream for them at this point. No way they are beating Clemson or Notre Dame, and they'll almost certainly drop another one somewhere along the way. A lot went wrong for them last year, but I think the Francois injury was way over-played as the reason. He is not a good QB.

Reactions: DaveG

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Well he was also recruited by Fisher who runs an entirely different scheme than Taggart. FSU tried to go too fast tonight. Cost them a td and they had a ton of pre-snap penalties. And Virginia Tech is good.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd say 10 wins is a pipe dream for them at this point. No way they are beating Clemson or Notre Dame, and they'll almost certainly drop another one somewhere along the way. A lot went wrong for them last year, but I think the Francois injury was way over-played as the reason. He is not a good QB.

They got 3 tough games a year usually in Clemson, Miami and Florida so 10 wins should be obtainable most seasons. They'll always recruit top talent which should keep them near the top but Willy just won't get them over the hump to be a playoff contender. Which as a UCF fan is fine to me seeing them struggling, UF isn't back yet and Miami has some issues too. We can never compete with them recruiting wise but if we keep winning and they struggle it might close the gap.

Sep 19, 2008
After rampant attrition due to NFL Draft and guys like Mook Reynolds and Adonis Alexander being declared ineligible or being kicked off the team, the fact that a largely underclassman defense shut FSU like that is a big testament to the prowess of Bud Foster.

member 157595

I had relatively low expectations for this year prior to the VT game.

After this undisciplined clusterf***, I'll feel fortunate if we beat UF this year because this team is going to lose a lot of games.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
They got 3 tough games a year usually in Clemson, Miami and Florida so 10 wins should be obtainable most seasons. They'll always recruit top talent which should keep them near the top but Willy just won't get them over the hump to be a playoff contender. Which as a UCF fan is fine to me seeing them struggling, UF isn't back yet and Miami has some issues too. We can never compete with them recruiting wise but if we keep winning and they struggle it might close the gap.

Just speculation right now as to which way FSU is going to slide. I think they're right on the razor's edge of consistent playoff contender like a Clemson or Auburn, or a program that becomes the next Nebraska or Texas. Once you lose your spot at the table, it can be really hard to get it back.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Just speculation right now as to which way FSU is going to slide. I think they're right on the razor's edge of consistent playoff contender like a Clemson or Auburn, or a program that becomes the next Nebraska or Texas. Once you lose your spot at the table, it can be really hard to get it back.

I don't think they'll fall to Nebraska and Texas levels of bad. I think more like an LSU a team that's ranked high and disappoints or underanked and surprises. An inconsistent team with loads of talent that can't put it all together year to year.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
After rampant attrition due to NFL Draft and guys like Mook Reynolds and Adonis Alexander being declared ineligible or being kicked off the team, the fact that a largely underclassman defense shut FSU like that is a big testament to the prowess of Bud Foster.

Justin Fuente is recruiting big time athletes. Something that Beamer didn't do his last few years.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->