Patriots/NFL 2018 Season VII - Next Up 1/20 6:40 PM - AFC CHAMPIONSHIP @ Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
All I know is people from Orange county get really pissed off and correct you when you say its a part of LA. But hell, what do I know, some people 3000 miles away are telling me how it is.

I'm guessing there's some class dynamics behind that. Social composition behind the Orange Curtain is just a bit different from LA County, I'm sure the OC big executives don't want to be associated with the LA riffraff.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Obviously we want the pats to win two more games, but objectively there's no bad Super Bowl match-up from these four teams, and all have a claim to being a great story if they win.
Agreed, all potential matchups are great.

Pats/Saints & Rams/KC are probably the two most interesting ones for me.

Brady/Brees or a rematch of Rams/KC? Sign me up.

Hell Pats/LA would be fun too. GOAT coach against the hot upcoming name.

Really KC/Saints is the only "meh" one to me, but it would still be fun.

Reactions: McGarnagle

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Agreed, all potential matchups are great.

Pats/Saints & Rams/KC are probably the two most interesting ones for me.

Brady/Brees or a rematch of Rams/KC? Sign me up.

Hell Pats/LA would be fun too. GOAT coach against the hot upcoming name.

Really KC/Saints is the only "meh" one to me, but it would still be fun.

I think that until this moment the two teams that have defined this season the most are the Chiefs and the Saints. I don't think that would be meh, I think it would be amazing.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I think that until this moment the two teams that have defined this season the most are the Chiefs and the Saints. I don't think that would be meh, I think it would be amazing.
I mean personally from a story POV/personal preference, that's the matchup I least want to see.

Still would be better than 90% of the other SB's that have been played though I'd wager.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I mean personally from a story POV/personal preference, that's the matchup I least want to see.

Still would be better than 90% of the other SB's that have been played though I'd wager.

My bet is the league is drooling at the idea of Mahomes beating Brady and Brees to win his first Super Bowl.

It would create a mega star who can be the face of the league for 10 years.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
IDK how I feel about them playing the Chiefs. Mobile QBs always make me nervous and Mahomes seems to be one of the best. Hope BB can cook up some gameplans and out coach Reid.

Also hope some dudes can make some big plays.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
My bet is the league is drooling at the idea of Mahomes beating Brady and Brees to win his first Super Bowl.

It would create a mega star who can be the face of the league for 10 years.

True, but you don’t think the league would love it if they had Brady/Brees? The two grizzled playoff warriors, could be their last hurrah. The two young guns, Mahomes and Goff get showcased in the conference championships as the next big things.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
True, but you don’t think the league would love it if they had Brady/Brees? The two grizzled playoff warriors, could be their last hurrah. The two young guns, Mahomes and Goff get showcased in the conference championships as the next big things.

I think they'll be happy with any match-up, Brady/Brees included.

I just mean if Mahomes beats Brady they'll want Brees on the other side. McVay is the story for the Rams, not Goff.

This reminds me of the final 4 for the 2014 season. Pats/Steelers, Brady/Roethlisberger, and Seahawks/49ers, Wilson/Kaepernick, only this year is even better.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Whatever the SB should be good

I’m going Patriots-Saints

A couple of 40 year old top 10 all timers going at it would be great

Mahomes will get plenty of opportunities

The weather makes this interesting

My family has had Patriots season tickets for a long time and I sat in freaking ridiculous cold weather. (The Tebow playoff Denver game a few years ago I dressed like the younger brother from ‘A Christmas Story’ going off to school)
That game was as cold as I ever remember.

Maybe I’m a wuss but I wasn’t all that interested in screaming clapping or even drinking beer at 15 degrees. I think the Chiefs fans can’t possibly sustain noise and maybe should bring in Bill Polion to come in and cheat, err turn up the noise when Pate-ree-otts have the ball.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Kansas City is still having some issues with what happened to them logistically from the reports out there, and it will be our type of weather there Sunday from the long term forecasts there

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
IDK how I feel about them playing the Chiefs. Mobile QBs always make me nervous and Mahomes seems to be one of the best. Hope BB can cook up some gameplans and out coach Reid.

Also hope some dudes can make some big plays.

while it's still a dangerous plan, I think you have to attack him like other mobile QBs.

pass rush with a purpose. use the rush to get some pressure, but focus on keeping him in the pocket and make him beat you by standing back and making throws.

He certainly can do that, but the big plays that kill you are when he is scrambling and improvising. Keep him in the pocket and you can slow their offense down just enough to edge them out

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
WDAF 4 , which is the Fox outlet in Kansas City, is stating be aware starting Wednesday and is equating this to the 2016 game between the Chiefs and Titans that had a 1 degree ambient temp

Reactions: dabid

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
How many TV stations are there in KC?

I am impatiently waiting for the weather updates from the NBC and CBS affiliates in the city as well.
CBS is KCTV 5 owned by Meredith Broadcasting;they also operate KSMO 62 (My Network)
KMBC 9, IS Hearst----same ownership as WCVB in Mass; they also operate KCWE 29, CW affiliate;
KMCI 38 is a Scripps owned property;
KSHB 41 is the sister station to KMCI and the NBC affiliate;
KPXE 50 is the ION Network owned affiliate

source Station Index

there are 10 full power stations spanning KC, AND remember the city is split among the state line between Missouri and Kansas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad