Patriots/NFL 2018 Season VII - Next Up 1/20 6:40 PM - AFC CHAMPIONSHIP @ Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Win the SB and he’ll have as many as Montana (16) and Bradshaw (14) combined. Could easily have matched their eight rings as well (or have more), but six isn’t too shabby. :laugh:

Also, Brady in first playoff games is now 14-2. That’s pretty good against playoff opponents. Two wild card wins, twelve divisional wins. One loss on each stage (so 2-1 in WC and 12-1 against the winners of WC games). ”Weak division”, though!

And if he should win the SB this year he’ll be 30-10 overall in the playoffs, which translates to a 12-4 season. Also not too shabby, playing so many of the best teams each year.
Pretty good?

Not to shabby?

Interesting

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Rams also played in Anaheim for about 25 years and billed themselves as from Los Angeles.

I get the semantics and all, and being out here Orange County doesn't claim to be LA and vice-versa, but in terms of metropolitan area, it might as well be. It's as close to LA as East Rutherford, NJ is to NYC.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Patriots put Chargers in their place while taking usual place in eighth consecutive AFC title game

If the Chargers had been at their best it might have been a closer fight. However, Brady and the Patriots didn’t let them get anywhere near that level.

The Chargers all agreed this loss would hurt them for a while, and it should. Let their regrets burn and their guts ache and become sensations they hate too much to allow themselves to experience again.

“I like to feel it. I want to be disgusted about it,” left tackle Russell Okung said. “I want to be angry about it because I know, moving into the offseason, it’s going to push us even more so. And I know a lot of guys felt that way too — that we left a lot out on the field and that we’re capable of so much more.”

So they said. If they’re serious about competing with the best and being the best, they’ll have to prove it.

“I don’t know if there’s anything he can do now that makes you have any more respect,” Rivers said of Brady, who completed 34 of 44 passes for 343 yards and one touchdown. “Was he rolling at his highest level today? I think we all would agree with that.”

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Anaheim is not considered LA.... the Ducks don't play in LA , The Kings do it's not the Los Angeles Ducks, as compared to the Rams and Chargers

Is it the "Boston Patriots"?

Foxboro is further away from Boston than Anaheim is from LA, yet you are counting the Pats as a Boston-based team and not counting Anaheim with LA. Consistency?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Foxboro is further away from Boston than Anaheim is from LA, yet you are counting the Pats as a Boston-based team and not counting Anaheim with LA. Consistency?

You will never get a response because this is too good an answer.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Wow.... what was up with that Jets head coach?? Was that deer in the headlights or something a little more " recreational " ? Holy cow!

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK

All in all, it is a game of semantics. However, if you ask someone from Anaheim if it apart of LA, you might get your drink dunked on you. Alot has changed in the LA area since the 50s when Anaheim was really apart of LA. Anaheim is in Orange County and the county seat. Doesn’t sound very LAish when you think of it like that because it’s politics are not related to LA at all.

One thing I found about Bostonians and New Yorkers after I moved to the west coast, when asked where we are from, we all say “Boston” including me. I don’t know shit about living in Boston. I grew up on the South Shore and wouldn’t know a single thing about what it was like living in the city. 30 some odd years of not living in Boston, I noticed other people from other states that moved away from their hometowns, usually never claim they are from the closest large city. They say I am from “so and so” which is near “so and so”. Just an anecdotal observation, right or wrong.

Actually, Anaheim is slightly further away from LA by 2 miles then Boston to Foxborough but we are spliting hairs on that one. I go with what the townsfolk say and they say they are not apart of LA much like someone from the Boston metro area up in Manchester NH would never claim to be apart Boston.

Heck, Anaheim sued the Angels for changing their name to LA Angels of Anaheim. So, on some level, you can see how maybe just maybe Anaheim is not apart of LA. Agreed it is stupid semantics.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
All in all, it is a game of semantics. However, if you ask someone from Anaheim if it apart of LA, you might get your drink dunked on you. Alot has changed in the LA area since the 50s when Anaheim was really apart of LA. Anaheim is in Orange County and the county seat. Doesn’t sound very LAish when you think of it like that because it’s politics are not related to LA at all.

One thing I found about Bostonians and New Yorkers after I moved to the west coast, when asked where we are from, we all say “Boston” including me. I don’t know **** about living in Boston. I grew up on the South Shore and wouldn’t know a single thing about what it was like living in the city. 30 some odd years of not living in Boston, I noticed other people from other states that moved away from their hometowns, usually never claim they are from the closest large city. They say I am from “so and so” which is near “so and so”. Just an anecdotal observation, right or wrong.

Actually, Anaheim is slightly further away from LA by 2 miles then Boston to Foxborough but we are spliting hairs on that one. I go with what the townsfolk say and they say they are not apart of LA much like someone from the Boston metro area up in Manchester NH would never claim to be apart Boston.

Heck, Anaheim sued the Angels for changing their name to LA Angels of Anaheim. So, on some level, you can see how maybe just maybe Anaheim is not apart of LA. Agreed it is stupid semantics.

I mean, I'm going to school in Orange County, so I know how it works. It definitely is a New England thing to tell people you're from Boston when you're from Medford or Somerville or wherever. I could never get away with saying I was in LA. Whenever I go back home and people ask where I'm from, I have to say "it's about of a third of the way between LA and San Diego."

Reactions: BarnumEffect

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
I mean, I'm going to school in Orange County, so I know how it works. It definitely is a New England thing to tell people you're from Boston when you're from Medford or Somerville or wherever. I could never get away with saying I was in LA. Whenever I go back home and people ask where I'm from, I have to say "it's about of a third of the way between LA and San Diego."
All I know is people from Orange county get really pissed off and correct you when you say its a part of LA. But hell, what do I know, some people 3000 miles away are telling me how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad