Patriots/NFL 2018 Season VII - Next Up 1/20 6:40 PM - AFC CHAMPIONSHIP @ Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
CBS is KCTV 5 owned by Meredith Broadcasting;they also operate KSMO 62 (My Network)
KMBC 9, IS Hearst----same ownership as WCVB in Mass; they also operate KCWE 29, CW affiliate;
KMCI 38 is a Scripps owned property;
KSHB 41 is the sister station to KMCI and the NBC affiliate;
KPXE 50 is the ION Network owned affiliate

source Station Index

there are 10 full power stations spanning KC, AND remember the city is split among the state line between Missouri and Kansas

And I expect the weather reports from each and every one of them...

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
And I expect the weather reports from each and every one of them...
which you can always go to their pages or sites..... KMBC and WDAF already are on mine, but again, things can change from now until Sunday, and that system that affects them, is rumored to be hitting New England by Sunday

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sunday's Patriots referee Clete Blakeman had a hand in Deflategate, but ... | Boston.com

On what could potentially be a record cold Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium, one of the NFL officials involved with the Deflategate investigation will lead the officiating team.

Clete Blakeman will cap his 11th season as an NFL official with a second-straight AFC Championship game, this one a 6:40 p.m. kickoff in Kansas City, where Sunday night’s low temperature is forecast to be a scant 6 degrees. Past history has a majority of New England aware the game footballs will thus be softer than normal, given the chill will contract the air and lower their internal pressure.

Blakeman, hopefully, has learned that lesson as well. He was one of the two officials who measured the PSI in the footballs at Gillette Stadium during halftime of the 2014-15 AFC Championship game between the Patriots and Colts, his determinations ultimately costing Tom Brady four games to start the 2016 season and the Patriots two draft picks, including a first-rounder.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Sunday's Patriots referee Clete Blakeman had a hand in Deflategate, but ... | Boston.com

On what could potentially be a record cold Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium, one of the NFL officials involved with the Deflategate investigation will lead the officiating team.

Clete Blakeman will cap his 11th season as an NFL official with a second-straight AFC Championship game, this one a 6:40 p.m. kickoff in Kansas City, where Sunday night’s low temperature is forecast to be a scant 6 degrees. Past history has a majority of New England aware the game footballs will thus be softer than normal, given the chill will contract the air and lower their internal pressure.

Blakeman, hopefully, has learned that lesson as well. He was one of the two officials who measured the PSI in the footballs at Gillette Stadium during halftime of the 2014-15 AFC Championship game between the Patriots and Colts, his determinations ultimately costing Tom Brady four games to start the 2016 season and the Patriots two draft picks, including a first-rounder.
That's bad, Blakeman is an objectively awful referee

Reactions: EverettMike

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Hearst Portland and by logical extension, WCVB IS STATING "Significant Storm" Sunday so be glad the Patriots aren't the 1 seed

Why would we not want the Patriots to be the 1 seed when they were undefeated in Foxboro. They could play in inclement weather at home, or they can play in sub zero temps in KC.

Give me home field.

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Why would we not want the Patriots to be the 1 seed? They could play in inclement weather at home, or they can play in sub zero temps in KC.

Give me home field.
ever been to Gillette, I'D SUSPECT a snow declaration for metro Boston likely will be declared with this storm that's coming now into California by the end of the day, the storm that KC is watching now is of little consequence a la last week, the storm that I Mentioned is the one they're keying on, it's more the cold than the weather for fans

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
ever been to Gillette, I'D SUSPECT a snow declaration for metro Boston likely will be declared with this storm that's coming now into California by the end of the day, the storm that KC is watching now is of little consequence a la last week, the storm that I Mentioned is the one they're keying on, it's more the cold than the weather for fans

I have been to Gillette many times, several in the snow.

As usual, you are missing the point, which is I would rather see the Patriots play AT HOME in the snow than in KC with freezing temps.

Reactions: 08SeaBass08

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I have been to Gillette many times, several in the snow.

As usual, you are missing the point, which is I would rather see the Patriots play AT HOME in the snow than in KC with freezing temps.
That's a moot point, because both teams know how to play in cold weather, the question is can Mahomes do what he does in that arctic environment

Kansas City nor Arrowhead has ever hosted a game of this significant, expectations here are this game or Super Bowl determines how successful the Patriots are

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Thoughts:
Last game was one of the most impressivve prepared team that i have witness play a game. Pat’s were all over the Chargers ON EACH 5 ball possession.
Belichick is in my pov one of IF not the best coach all sports gatherd.
I’ll root for that genius for the rest of his career.
Kansas imo did not want a piece of that Belichick and Brady tandem... hope and wish Pat’s win and make history!

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
NBC 10 Boston

Weather Alerts issued for what the Weather Channel is dubbing Winter Storm Harper beginning Friday and the major impact Sunday

Weather Channel talking about Brutal Cold for AFC Championship

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
That's a moot point, because both teams know how to play in cold weather, the question is can Mahomes do what he does in that arctic environment

Kansas City nor Arrowhead has ever hosted a game of this significant, expectations here are this game or Super Bowl determines how successful the Patriots are

Thanks, you just made my point for me.

If BOTH teams know how to play in the cold weather...why would you not want the Patriots playing in front of a home crowd, where they are undefeated?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Thanks, you just made my point for me.

If BOTH teams know how to play in the cold weather...why would you not want the Patriots playing in front of a home crowd, where they are undefeated?
KCTV 5 is tentatively predicting 3-6" with an impact Saturday AM projected temp 7 above with 30 mph wind gusts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->