Patriots/NFL 2018 Season VI - 11-5 - Next up Chargers - January 13th 1 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Actually before yesterdays game they did a thing on that...the Chargers were 4-0 going into games on the east coast that are starting at 10am their time. It's not an issue for them unfortunately. They are now 5-0 on the east coast at 1pm est/10ampst.

Have they played back-to-back games like that though?

I don't think a one o'clock east coast game for them is that big a deal. I think doing it two weeks in a row in the playoffs might be.

Just a plus for the Pats. Far from a guarantee or anything.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2 and CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Chargers are 9-0 outside of the city of LA, 4-4 inside it. Their one road loss was to the Rams. One of their "home" wins was in London.

They're kind of an enigma.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The Chargers are 9-0 outside of the city of LA, 4-4 inside it. Their one road loss was to the Rams. One of their "home" wins was in London.

They're kind of an enigma.

They have a home field disadvantage. I'd much rather play on the road than at "home" where the opposing fans outnumber our own 4-1. That's depressing.

Reactions: CDJ

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Spanos is a criminal for what he did to the city of San Diego. They deserve to lose for that alone.

I generally like your posts to begin with, but this is some of your finest work.

I hate relocations, and the Oakland and San Diego situations are two of the worst. Spanos and Davis deserve serious failure in their new cities.

Reactions: McGarnagle

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Have they played back-to-back games like that though?

I don't think a one o'clock east coast game for them is that big a deal. I think doing it two weeks in a row in the playoffs might be.

Just a plus for the Pats. Far from a guarantee or anything.
True, haven't done it two weeks in a row. Wonder if they just stayed out there...?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I generally like your posts to begin with, but this is some of your finest work.

I hate relocations, and the Oakland and San Diego situations are two of the worst. Spanos and Davis deserve serious failure in their new cities.

True, haven't done it two weeks in a row. Wonder if they just stayed out there...?

The Chargers are not getting the same coverage in LA as the Rams

Chargers did fly back to LA last night

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

The Raiders I at least kind of understand a little bit. But there was nothing wrong with San Diego as a market. The stadium was old, but they could've financed renovations. Rather than exploring that, Spanos just got greedy and wanted to beat the Raiders into LA to play in a stadium that the Rams and taxpayers were already paying for. Except unlike the Raiders, they have no imprint in LA itself. They have no fans there, and their San Diego fans abandoned them for moving. Spanos ruined his franchise's sustainability and his credibility by chasing dollar signs. Dumb.

Davis on the other hand is like his father and chasing the bright lights. They made sense in LA, but once that path was blocked, he looked at Vegas because it's a celebrity hotspot and will get media coverage. I think they'll be alright there, even if they did their Oakland fans wrong (but those people will cheer for them wherever they go).

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The Raiders I at least kind of understand a little bit. But there was nothing wrong with San Diego as a market. The stadium was old, but they could've financed renovations. Rather than exploring that, Spanos just got greedy and wanted to beat the Raiders into LA to play in a stadium that the Rams and taxpayers were already paying for. Except unlike the Raiders, they have no imprint in LA itself. They have no fans there, and their San Diego fans abandoned them for moving. Spanos ruined his franchise's sustainability and his credibility by chasing dollar signs. Dumb.

Davis on the other hand is like his father and chasing the bright lights. They made sense in LA, but once that path was blocked, he looked at Vegas because it's a celebrity hotspot and will get media coverage. I think they'll be alright there, even if they did their Oakland fans wrong (but those people will cheer for them wherever they go).

I don't think any of them are defensible. Oakland is a viable market. But you're right, Davis is the least rich of the owners and Vegas gave him a ridiculous sweetheart deal (maybe the worst in North American history), so you can see why he did it.

Spanos was just cheap and got mad San Diego wouldn't pay for his private stadium. f*** him.

Kroenke is the f***ing worst though. He promised as a St. Louis guy not to move the team, and he didn't have to. He's got more money than f***ing god. He's just greedy and wanted the more lucrative market.

If he ever again has a peaceful public appearance in St. Louis everyone in the city should be shamed for letting it happen.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I don't think any of them are defensible. Oakland is a viable market. But you're right, Davis is the least rich of the owners and Vegas gave him a ridiculous sweetheart deal (maybe the worst in North American history), so you can see why he did it.

Spanos was just cheap and got mad San Diego wouldn't pay for his private stadium. **** him.

Kroenke is the ****ing worst though. He promised as a St. Louis guy not to move the team, and he didn't have to. He's got more money than ****ing god. He's just greedy and wanted the more lucrative market.

If he ever again has a peaceful public appearance in St. Louis everyone in the city should be shamed for letting it happen.

San Diego, Oakland and St Louis were travesties but the NFL chose not to set an expansion price as they didn't want to add teams.

I worked a Pats game in San Diego 4 years ago and the stadium was indeed in bad shape (actually worse than Oakland ) and CBS was lukewarm about the market as it has no real adjoining territory unless you consider Mexico to the south.

10502199_10204647153671476_1236099870565916044_n.jpg

One of San Diego's main TV outlets is actually based in Mexico.

Last edited:

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
San Diego, Oakland and St Louis were travesties but the NFL chose not to set an expansion price as they didn't want to add teams.

I worked a Pats game in San Diego 4 years ago and the stadium was indeed in bad shape (actually worse than Oakland ) and CBS was lukewarm about the market as it has no real adjoining territory unless you consider Mexico to the south. One of San Diego's main TV outlets is actually based in Mexico.

I've heard the stadium was terrible, but he moved because the city wouldn't build his billionaire ass a new one. If they had he would have stayed. San Diego is definitely a viable NFL market. Instead the Chargers are the third most popular NFL team in Los Angeles. And someone, with all of that shifting around, the most popular one is going to Vegas.

Cause Goodell is a dolt.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I've heard the stadium was terrible, but he moved because the city wouldn't build his billionaire ass a new one. If they had he would have stayed. San Diego is definitely a viable NFL market. Instead the Chargers are the third most popular NFL team in Los Angeles. And someone, with all of that shifting around, the most popular one is going to Vegas.

Cause Goodell is a dolt.

I will never understand how Goodell got the job he has today. He joined the NFL as an intern in 1982 and rose to the top and maybe it is simply a case that he knows too much about the NFL for the owners to fire him.

I suspect the next big move is Jacksonville moving to London.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I will never understand how Goodell got the job he has today. He joined the NFL as an intern in 1982 and rose to the top and maybe it is simply a case that he knows too much about the NFL for the owners to fire him.

weren't the Raiders considering that as a potential option?

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

When mankind solves time zones I'll be okay with a team in Europe. Until that happens it's the single dumbest idea in pro sports.

Reactions: Fenway and JRull86

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If the Jags did move to London, I wonder if they'd shift them to the AFC East and the Dolphins to the South. I can't imagine the Londonians would be thrilled about the Titans and Texans coming every year, but the Pats get ratings.

The trip to London from Boston is no worse than Boston to LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad