Patriots/NFL 2018 Season VI - 11-5 - Next up Chargers - January 13th 1 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Parkey won't have a job next season, for CHI at least.

You cannot be an NFL kicker and hit 6 freaking posts in a season. Pathetic.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
A professional kicker in the NFL should hit a 40-something yard FG.

He yanked it.

The average professional kicker should hit a 43 yarder, yes. Cody Parkey was one of the worst kickers in the league this year. If you have a bad kicker, you need to make it as easy for them as possible. I'm putting that game on Nagy, particularly his management at the end.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The average professional kicker should hit a 43 yarder, yes. Cody Parkey was one of the worst kickers in the league this year. If you have a bad kicker, you need to make it as easy for them as possible. I'm putting that game on Nagy, particularly his management at the end.

He hit it first time so he can do it.They froze him and he pulled it a hair.Not an easy job with an entire stadium and your team and guy who signs your paycheque there watching knowing entire year is on you.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Man, the internet is not a nice place.

DwRSqEaU8AEsOKw.jpg

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
They should have let the Vikings beat them week 17 and kept Philly out.
As a Bears fan for life who bleeds for them and did not miss a snap all season like I do for my Bruins ... I did not want to play the Eagles . That said , did more than enough to win today .I always feel things are never easy for the Bears much like Bruins . The powers that be had to dig DEEP into the rulebook at the end of the first half to negate a big play to the 7 yard line . Poof they are gone

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The Saints should have no trouble with this version of the Eagles. The Cowboys...interesting team. I think they can give the Rams a game.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Pats playing a 1 PM playoff game...when's last time that happened? When Baltimore came here and destroyed us? I prefer the Saturday night spot they always seem to be in.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
As a Bears fan for life who bleeds for them and did not miss a snap all season like I do for my Bruins ... I did not want to play the Eagles . That said , did more than enough to win today .I always feel things are never easy for the Bears much like Bruins . The powers that be had to dig DEEP into the rulebook at the end of the first half to negate a big play to the 7 yard line . Poof they are gone

That was a strange play.If an Eagle had picked up the ball my gut tells me they would have been awarded that play.But nobody did and it felt like nobody wanted to be the one to give Bears the field position already leading.Your trailing there u might get call.Just my feeling in it.It was a catch and fumble

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
That was a strange play.If an Eagle had picked up the ball my gut tells me they would have been awarded that play.But nobody did and it felt like nobody wanted to be the one to give Bears the field position already leading.Your trailing there u might get call.Just my feeling in it.It was a catch and fumble

The rulebook actually says if there's no clear recovery it must be ruled an incomplete pass.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Football is the only sport where 50 big guys can destroy their bodies for 59 1/2 minutes and then some 180 pound guy who kicks a ball slightly to the left of the target decides your entire season.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I just watched last year's Super Bowl highlights for the first time. I try not to dwell on the Super Bowl losses (I still don't know if I've seen full highlights from XLII and XLVI).

For some reason, I remembered the Pats having no shot in that game. I mean, they were outplayed, but they were right in it, and even had a Hail Mary come suuuuuuuper close.

Man...one play in each game and the Pats could have 9 (!) Super Bowls (or 0).

2006 - Saturday's fumble recovery in the end zone
2007 - Samuel's dropped pick/the 3rd down incompletion to Moss
2011 - Welker's drop
2017 - Brady's fumble/Hail Mary

What a ride it's been. I'm not ready for it to be over. I believe in this team in the playoffs. They should beat SD...err...LA. KC on the road is tough, but the Pats match up okay. They should absolutely beat the Colts.

Super Bowl is a coin flip. Can't discount the Pats experience. With Chicago out...there's no good Defense left. I'll take my chances in a shootout.

Reactions: rfournier103

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I just watched last year's Super Bowl highlights for the first time. I try not to dwell on the Super Bowl losses (I still don't know if I've seen full highlights from XLII and XLVI).

For some reason, I remembered the Pats having no shot in that game. I mean, they were outplayed, but they were right in it, and even had a Hail Mary come suuuuuuuper close.

Man...one play in each game and the Pats could have 9 (!) Super Bowls (or 0).

2006 - Saturday's fumble recovery in the end zone
2007 - Samuel's dropped pick/the 3rd down incompletion to Moss
2011 - Welker's drop
2017 - Brady's fumble/Hail Mary

What a ride it's been. I'm not ready for it to be over. I believe in this team in the playoffs. They should beat SD...err...LA. KC on the road is tough, but the Pats match up okay. They should absolutely beat the Colts.

Super Bowl is a coin flip. Can't discount the Pats experience. With Chicago out...there's no good Defense left. I'll take my chances in a shootout.

Chargers and Rams defenses are both traditionally the ttoes that give Patriots and Brady issues. Ones that can play some.decent coverage and pressure while only rushing 4.

Brady needs to use White and Burkhead a lot in this game against the Chargers. They are weak covering RBs. He shredded them last year with that strategy.

They should win a close game. Never discount the late game stupidity of Rivers that's plagues him his entire career.

I can totally see Indy beating KC. They have the offense to go head to head in a shootout, and their defense is a hell of a lot better than KCs.

Saints should wipe the floor with Philly.

Dallas/Rams has potential to be a good game. LA hasn't looked good for a month. Still picking LA there.

Picking Pats, Rams, Saints, and COLTS.

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Chargers and Rams defenses are both traditionally the ttoes that give Patriots and Brady issues. Ones that can play some.decent coverage and pressure while only rushing 4.

Brady needs to use White and Burkhead a lot in this game against the Chargers. They are weak covering RBs. He shredded them last year with that strategy.

They should win a close game. Never discount the late game stupidity of Rivers that's plagues him his entire career.

I can totally see Indy beating KC. They have the offense to go head to head in a shootout, and their defense is a hell of a lot better than KCs.

Saints should wipe the floor with Philly.

Dallas/Rams has potential to be a good game. LA hasn't looked good for a month. Still picking LA there.

Picking Pats, Rams, Saints, and COLTS.

If Luck has a good game I like the Colts. That's the kind of game where the first team to make a mistake loses. I could see Mahomes with a rookie mistake under pressure in the 4th quarter to tip it in Indy's favor. Plus, never underestimate the stupidity of Andy Reid in big games.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Think it's good for the Pats. Much weirder time for the Chargers to play, especially after back to back cross country flights.
Actually before yesterdays game they did a thing on that...the Chargers were 4-0 going into games on the east coast that are starting at 10am their time. It's not an issue for them unfortunately. They are now 5-0 on the east coast at 1pm est/10ampst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad