upload_2019-1-10_7-1-9.png

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I don't at all. Way too many "in the know"/pundits all feel it will not. Maybe their wrong, they sometimes are, but there's not a single one of 'em that I've read/watched/listened to thats talked about it that has felt it will affect him.

This took me 2 seconds to find.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pa...patriots-offensive-coordinator-josh-mcdaniels

Not to mention his agent dropped him minutes after it all went down. It's not like I'm going out on a limb IMO. It was extremely poor form by him.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
This took me 2 seconds to find.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pa...patriots-offensive-coordinator-josh-mcdaniels

Not to mention his agent dropped him minutes after it all went down. It's not like I'm going out on a limb IMO. It was extremely poor form by him.

There very well could be an organization or two who won't ever talk to him because of it, the Colts for sure (LMAO), but there are a lot more out there that will. Far too many egos in those FO's will refuse to believe it could happen to them. When all is said and done Josh McDaniels will land exactly where he wants to, if and when he ever decides moving on from the Pats is in his best interests.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
There very well could be an organization or two who won't ever talk to him because of it, the Colts for sure (LMAO), but there are a lot more out there that will. Far too many egos in those FO's will refuse to believe it could happen to them. When all is said and done Josh McDaniels will land exactly where he wants to, if and when he ever decides moving on from the Pats is in his best interests.
Its not like the pats job would be easy after Brady/Belichick Fans will have high expectations that a less talented QB might not be able to fulfill

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
49767919_10216894439405965_4827013456488038400_o.jpg

NFL official Sarah Thomas will become the first woman to work an NFL playoff game when she takes the field as a down judge for the Patriots-Chargers divisional round match-up on Sunday.

Thomas is in her fourth season as an NFL official. She was an alternate official for an NFC wild card game between the Atlanta Falcons and Los Angeles Rams last season.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Brian Flores likely leaving to coach Dolphins.

GL with that dumpster fire of a team. At least the Jets and Bills have young QBs with skill.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Also, the Chargers signing a guy to exclusively do kickoffs, and eating a roster spot in the process, is a classic case over overthinking it.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Brian Flores likely leaving to coach Dolphins.

GL with that dumpster fire of a team. At least the Jets and Bills have young QBs with skill.
I have to question what Flores has ever done to earn a head coaching job other than being close to Belichick for a few years. He's not even technically a coordinator. And the defense under him has never been great.

This is going to go as well for the Dolphins as Mangini went for the Jets

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I have to question what Flores has ever done to earn a head coaching job other than being close to Belichick for a few years. He's not even technically a coordinator. And the defense under him has never been great.

This is going to go as well for the Dolphins as Mangini went for the Jets

I'm a big Flores guy. There's been a lot of hype with him for years, even going back to when he was a scout. Of all of the Patriots' assistants over the years, he's the guy I most wanted to take over as head coach after Belichick hangs them up. I just think he's got a good football mind (much better than Patricia) and the people skills needed to be a good head coach (something I think McDaniels is missing). If I were another team, I wouldn't be too worried about how his defense performed, considering the general lack of talent. I do think he probably could have used a couple more years as DC.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised Belichick wouldn't talk him out of taking the job. Dolphins don't have a quarterback and I think the owner's terrible. Just seems like he's set up to fail.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'm a big Flores guy. There's been a lot of hype with him for years, even going back to when he was a scout. Of all of the Patriots' assistants over the years, he's the guy I most wanted to take over as head coach after Belichick hangs them up. I just think he's got a good football mind (much better than Patricia) and the people skills needed to be a good head coach (something I think McDaniels is missing). If I were another team, I wouldn't be too worried about how his defense performed, considering the general lack of talent. I do think he probably could have used a couple more years as DC.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised Belichick wouldn't talk him out of taking the job. Dolphins don't have a quarterback and I think the owner's terrible. Just seems like he's set up to fail.
Agree with everything said here.

This seems like a no win situation, just to get a head coaching gig.

That teams roster is a disaster, but they don't have the capital to move up to pick a franchise QB.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I know the Colts are a dome team, but I've got to believe bad weather helps them against Chiefs passing attack.
Yeah, they're definitely better on both sides of the trenches

Today is where Kareem Hunt's absence finally bites the Chiefs in the ass. They're going to need someone to run the ball in this weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad