Prospect Info: 2018 Rookie Tournament

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
You forgot Sandin
Have season tickets to the hounds not excited to see him , was not happy with that pick at all it was a safe pick sure , IMO he will be a number 4 D but thats high as he will ever be , Hes super soft in front of the net . Throws his body lots but loses alot of battles due to poor decisions making. Legit the leafs new Gardiner

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Have season tickets to the hounds not excited to see him , was not happy with that pick at all it was a safe pick sure , IMO he will be a number 4 D but thats high as he will ever be , Hes super soft in front of the net . Throws his body lots but loses alot of battles due to poor decisions making. Legit the leafs new Gardiner
that sounds pretty conflicting from many other scouting reports I've seen. I admit I haven't watched him play much, but his IQ and decision making at both ends of the ice make me think he's not very similar to Gardiner

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
that sounds pretty conflicting from many other scouting reports I've seen. I admit I haven't watched him play much, but his IQ and decision making at both ends of the ice make me think he's not very similar to Gardiner
Your in for a surprise my friend . Only time will tell i guess right offensive monster , I truly think when he gets older,bigger,stronger he might be better defensively . Don`t get me wrong I hope the best for him , but not excited to watch him this tounry lo

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
#3 d man which Gardiner is? That would be terrific outcome. Sandin becoming Gardiner would be fantastic.

Reactions: Morgs and Raymoondo

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The Sens' team looks miles better than the Habs so far. Tkachuk and Forementon look great in particular. Nobody on Montreal looks very good

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
I watched Sandin once in Mississauga and his skating looked great ... but agree he was softer than butter in corners and in front of net ... hope he fills out and gets stronger ... but no one can be as bad defensively as Gards he is the worst screw up of a defensive player i have ever seen in corners and in front of net ... but i dont blame him as he was never grounded as a dman growing up so i can only imagine how hard it is for him to switch his entire attacking thought processes ... he needs a change of scenery to a place where they really need an attacker ... and we need a top flight defender so a trade can and will get done here

Sens should win this tournament but lets hope the Leafs can give them a good game ..

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I know it's 1 game and they're missing some guys, but I can't believe the Habs have such a shit team and their prospect pool is so weak. None of their players look impressive

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Don't know why people knock that pick. Hate to give the Sens credit but amidst all of their missteps I really like that move. Guy is going to be a premiere PWF good for 60+ points. Super rare these days.
I agree. Pre-draft I actually went to the Sens board to sorta calm them down and let them know that as a Leaf fan ... I don’t wanna see a Tkachuk in our division and they should want him over a softie like Zadina. How many Czech wingers actually show up in the playoffs? They should be glad they got him

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I agree. Pre-draft I actually went to the Sens board to sorta calm them down and let them know that as a Leaf fan ... I don’t wanna see a Tkachuk in our division and they should want him over a softie like Zadina. How many Czech wingers actually show up in the playoffs? They should be glad they got him
Tkachuk and Zadina are both impressive. Kotkaniemi looks like a player who went too high because of his position so far. Not saying he won't improve, but this is why you draft BPA

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Tkachuk and Zadina are both impressive. Kotkaniemi looks like a player who went too high because of his position so far. Not saying he won't improve, but this is why you draft BPA
It's only one meaningless game but Kotkniemi looks terribad. Many steps behind the play, no dynamic skill, and invisible aside from a lazy hooking penalty on Tkachuk.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010

That's pretty much the opposite of his scouting report. Everything I've read about him says he's one of the smartest defensive prospects.. but yeah we'll be able to see for ourselves soon enough. I watched Juolevi play a ton with Marner and thought he was overrated as hell so maybe you're right. We'll see.

Obliviate

Jun 26, 2018
Gardiner is a mobile 50 point D man, in a puck moving league. I'd take that over some crease clearing, stone hand monolith everyday of the week.

Sandin also has a much higher hockey IQ than Gardiner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad