Red Sox/MLB 2018 REGULAR SEASON III - 107-52 - 2018 AL EAST CHAMPS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Nilan was a bit before my time, but I'd reckon a large part of that was because of the Hab connection, on top of just being an asshole.

But comparing Wil Cordero to Price is a tad overboard.

Codero was scum, and people that cheered him should be ashamed of themselves, though I'd reckon the vast majority had no idea. Even so, that's pathetic.

But as a fan, personally I could give two shits if Price wants to play nice with the media. Obviously he hasn't done himself any favors with reporters, and that's on him, but I literally could care less. As long as he plays well and is a good teammate, that's all I want. It's not like the entire team from 1-25 is full of unlikeable turds, far from it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Price either, mainly because he had John Lackey syndrome of making up excuses for bad performances instead of taking some type of ownership of it, but I'm going to root for the guy to succeed, because he's a massive piece for them to win. Whether as a starter or BP guy.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Nilan was a bit before my time, but I'd reckon a large part of that was because of the Hab connection, on top of just being an *******.

But comparing Wil Cordero to Price is a tad overboard.

Codero was scum, and people that cheered him should be ashamed of themselves, though I'd reckon the vast majority had no idea. Even so, that's pathetic.

But as a fan, personally I could give two ****s if Price wants to play nice with the media. Obviously he hasn't done himself any favors with reporters, and that's on him, but I literally could care less. As long as he plays well and is a good teammate, that's all I want. It's not like the entire team from 1-25 is full of unlikeable turds, far from it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Price either, mainly because he had John Lackey syndrome of making up excuses for bad performances instead of taking some type of ownership of it, but I'm going to root for the guy to succeed, because he's a massive piece for them to win. Whether as a starter or BP guy.
Couldn’t....couldn’t care less is what you mean.

We all want him to succeed.

Everyone has the right to be an a**hole every now and then. He abuses the privilege.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He's an MLB veteran and that's as softball of a question as it gets. For 30 mill a year you can attempt to act like a professional and give the fans some insight on pitching and ajustments. Pedro used to talk pitching a lot I remember.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Seriously. Has great numbers, but I get tense every time he enters the game.

And he like ALWAYS gets behind counts. Today was a perfect example. Getting behind 2-0 and 3-0 in a 1-0 game. Just throw strikes. He tried to f*** around with a splitter; flat and crushed out of the park. Next two batters he blew away with fastballs.

Just do what your good at and throw strikes.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
No it's not. I as a lifelong Red Sox fan want to not only see them win, but want to actually like the players they have on top of that. If they had a winning team but a bunch of asshats, it detracts from the winning.

The best examples I have are these: Chris Nilan on the Bruins. Love the team, hated the guy. Made me sick to see him wear a Bruin's sweater, and I certainly did not cheer for that loser. And Wil Cordero on the Sox. Beats his pregnant wife up with a telephone because she interrupted him, gets suspended, comes back and hits a game winning HR, and the crowd cheered for him. Not me. The guy was a dirt bag, regardless of the win or any big hit he may have gotten.

So yeah, it does matter if the player is a likable guy or is going out of his way to make sure everyone knows he hates it here. If he hates it so much, opt out. Stop taking the money and go somewhere you will be happy playing for.

He strikes me as the kind of guy that wouldn't be happy playing anywhere.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He's an MLB veteran and that's as softball of a question as it gets. For 30 mill a year you can attempt to act like a professional and give the fans some insight on pitching and ajustments. Pedro used to talk pitching a lot I remember.

This is the exact correct point. He's getting $30 mill per year and this is part of his job. For that money, he has to do some Q&A with a group of people he doesn't care for, and he has to play for fans he doesn't like. I'm sure it sucks, but that's part of the deal. You make that kind of dough here, in a high profile/high pressure market, you don't get to be invisible. It's why you're getting that money to start with.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
This is the exact correct point. He's getting $30 mill per year and this is part of his job. For that money, he has to do some Q&A with a group of people he doesn't care for, and he has to play for fans he doesn't like. I'm sure it sucks, but that's part of the deal. You make that kind of dough here, in a high profile/high pressure market, you don't get to be invisible. It's why you're getting that money to start with.

Complete and total opposite of Nate Eovaldi answered questions about his adjustments. Price blows.

Reactions: LSCII

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I could care less if Price is an ass or not. If he pitches like he's been pitching lately heading into the playoffs, really that's all anyone should care about.
So, the question I have is... just how much less could you care?
care-spectrum.png

:sarcasm:

Reactions: BMC and Pia8988

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Love that picture. Can’t understand why 99% of society insists on getting that expression incorrect.

Bottles my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad