Red Sox/MLB 2018 REGULAR SEASON III - 107-52 - 2018 AL EAST CHAMPS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Oakland catching Houston is stunning

It is on the surface but not really. Altuve and Correa have been out a while and Correa just got back plus Springer got hurt and missed time. I expect them to re-overtake Oakland once they get back into the swing of their normal lineup.

It would be good not to have to play both Houston and Cleveland.

Reactions: DKH

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
So looking ahead to next week the Sox will miss Clevinger which means they get both Carrasco and Kluber. They’ll also miss Bauer due to injury. Encarnacion still out as well.

All in all a bit of an undermanned Cleveland squad but still a great August test.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
It is on the surface but not really. Altuve and Correa have been out a while and Correa just got back plus Springer got hurt and missed time. I expect them to re-overtake Oakland once they get back into the swing of their normal lineup.

It would be good not to have to play both Houston and Cleveland.

No matter what, you have to get through a gauntlet in the AL. The A's have been one of the best teams since the end of April / early May. There will be no easy outs in the AL at all. I am not sure if I can remember a bigger gap in terms of quality between AL and NL playoffs.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I used to have have some pretty negative feelings for John Lackey (similar to how I feel about Price), but he pretty much redeemed himself entirely with his intensity and drive to win it all in 2013.

I am hoping Price can do the same. I know it can be a tough media in Boston, but the guy has been a grade A ass**** from pretty much the day he arrived. The "I'm worth 30 million/year and you're not" kind of ass****.

If he had skin thicker than a sheet of paper, the media would also probably not push him as much for a quote (if that is really what he wants). Sadly enough, that is their job...not to be able to identify his adjustments.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
2g5rwa.jpg

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I could care less if Price is an ass or not. If he pitches like he's been pitching lately heading into the playoffs, really that's all anyone should care about.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I could care less if Price is an ass or not. If he pitches like he's been pitching lately heading into the playoffs, really that's all anyone should care about.

No it's not. I as a lifelong Red Sox fan want to not only see them win, but want to actually like the players they have on top of that. If they had a winning team but a bunch of asshats, it detracts from the winning.

The best examples I have are these: Chris Nilan on the Bruins. Love the team, hated the guy. Made me sick to see him wear a Bruin's sweater, and I certainly did not cheer for that loser. And Wil Cordero on the Sox. Beats his pregnant wife up with a telephone because she interrupted him, gets suspended, comes back and hits a game winning HR, and the crowd cheered for him. Not me. The guy was a dirt bag, regardless of the win or any big hit he may have gotten.

So yeah, it does matter if the player is a likable guy or is going out of his way to make sure everyone knows he hates it here. If he hates it so much, opt out. Stop taking the money and go somewhere you will be happy playing for.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
No it's not. I as a lifelong Red Sox fan want to not only see them win, but want to actually like the players they have on top of that. If they had a winning team but a bunch of asshats, it detracts from the winning.

The best examples I have are these: Chris Nilan on the Bruins. Love the team, hated the guy. Made me sick to see him wear a Bruin's sweater, and I certainly did not cheer for that loser. And Wil Cordero on the Sox. Beats his pregnant wife up with a telephone because she interrupted him, gets suspended, comes back and hits a game winning HR, and the crowd cheered for him. Not me. The guy was a dirt bag, regardless of the win or any big hit he may have gotten.

So yeah, it does matter if the player is a likable guy or is going out of his way to make sure everyone knows he hates it here. If he hates it so much, opt out. Stop taking the money and go somewhere you will be happy playing for.
Absolutely God damn right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad