Red Sox/MLB 2018 REGULAR SEASON III - 107-52 - 2018 AL EAST CHAMPS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I know people look at Pedro and Roger as Red Sox pitchers who didn't mind throwing high and hard, but in my mind, Dr Jim Longborg is the guy I think about first when it comes to intentional hitting a batter.

Reactions: DKH

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Well, that's a way to start a game. At least the Yankees did even worse, lol.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Kinsler is back but Devers back to the DL.

Any word on Vazquez? How much longer is he supposed to be out?

I can find no news regarding him, but the initial projection was 6-8 weeks, and it's been 5 ½, so there should be (hopefully good) news soon.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The great thing I just realized about the whole wildcard situation is that even if the Yankees do win that game, they'd have to use Severino in the play-in, so the pitching matchups would be skewed in our favor. Probably Sabathia-Sale and Tanaka-Porcello the first two games

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
It’s better this way. He returns vs. ATL. Hopefully they don’t ***** out and not start him.
He returns against ATL, and wha happens? If ATL even attempt to throw at him, they'd throw the book at whoever did it.

It's more of the fact that Torre yet again goes light on a decision involving either his former team or someone associated with it.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I know people look at Pedro and Roger as Red Sox pitchers who didn't mind throwing high and hard, but in my mind, Dr Jim Longborg is the guy I think about first when it comes to intentional hitting a batter.

Yup big Jim wasn't afraid to knock someone down. God I'm old... :wally:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
In both 2016 and 2017, Sale got worked to death in August and September, and it showed by the end of the year and playoffs. Giving him 10 days off to rest with "mild inflammation" is fine by me. I think our division lead is safe enough to handle it.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
In both 2016 and 2017, Sale got worked to death in August and September, and it showed by the end of the year and playoffs. Giving him 10 days off to rest with "mild inflammation" is fine by me. I think our division lead is safe enough to handle it.

I agree 100% as long as there isn’t actually something wrong. I’m sure there’s not. It still.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
The great thing I just realized about the whole wildcard situation is that even if the Yankees do win that game, they'd have to use Severino in the play-in, so the pitching matchups would be skewed in our favor. Probably Sabathia-Sale and Tanaka-Porcello the first two games

Severino has been off for quite a while now, and his postseason pitching CV isn't exactly stellar. It's a good situation to be in. Either he blows it for them, or he gets it together and wins but we don't have to face him more than once. I guess he could suck and the Yankees still win, but we'd still have the edge in SP.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I’ll always remember in 2007 Beckett going on the DL mid season and Cleveland overworking Sabathia all year and how much it showed in the ALCS. Beckett was aces and Sabathia was toast.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Sale is no horse and has a career trend of second half dropoffs. If it's rest to keep him fresh,all things considered,there will be no better opportunity with the team this far ahead. The guy might be great in a 7 man rotation!

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
We should keep Sale out as long and often as possible. He's our most important player come October. We've seen last year what can happen if he runs out of gas.

The situation couldn't be better for us to baby him. We can afford it, the Yanks will not be able to make it close if we win only go .500 the rest of the way.

A's are on the verge of taking another game against Houston. Astros have been in a funk recently. That means the A's and current Champs are tied for first place. Wild Card match could very well be: Yanks @ Astros. Nice outlook.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Good on Price for getting out of that pickle, especially since most of it wasn't his fault. Shame the error ended up costing him 9 pitches but if he can get through 6 solid innings, I'll take that.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Red Sos getting the winner of an Astros-Yankees one game playoff would be nuts

Probably a Columbus Day Bruins-Sox double header

Cora in pre game said his brother called him and (big time) filled him in on Glasnow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad