Red Sox/MLB 2018 REGULAR SEASON III - 107-52 - 2018 AL EAST CHAMPS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
What’s more predictable....the bullpen blowing a game or Price putting up a dud at Yankee Stadium?
Unpopular opinion incoming because Price is so loathed, but honestly look at the pitches he gave up those HRs on. Away and out of the zone. They were perfectly good pitches. I could hit the ball out of Yankee Stadium RF, it's a joke. Those are flyouts in every other park by 20 feet.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Unpopular opinion incoming because Price is so loathed, but honestly look at the pitches he gave up those HRs on. Away and out of the zone. They were perfectly good pitches. I could hit the ball out of Yankee Stadium RF, it's a joke. Those are flyouts in every other park by 20 feet.
At some point you've got to adjust to the park you're pitching in. Price insisted on burying cutters on the outside edge and was repeatedly burned. That's on him. Notice how the Sox never came close to hitting a joke home run? Severino knew where to pitch.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Price was fine last night. The 4 ER were on fly out homers, and Nunez burned them with that miserable error. The offense has looked horrible the last two games. They need a gem from ERod tonight to have a chance to finally put the division to rest.

Reactions: McGarnagle

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Price was fine last night. The 4 ER were on fly out homers, and Nunez burned them with that miserable error. The offense has looked horrible the last two games. They need a gem from ERod tonight to have a chance to finally put the division to rest.
Price was fine???? Guess I was watching a different game

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Seriously have no faith for the playoffs. Beating the teams you should is great and all, but losing to the teams you are going to have to play sucks big ass.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
not encouraging results the last 2 nights.

this is the 1st time they are experiencing a playoff type atmosphere this year and so far have wilted.

they need Price to find his big boy pants or else it'll be another Rd 1 loss

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
not encouraging results the last 2 nights.

this is the 1st time they are experiencing a playoff type atmosphere this year and so far have wilted.

they need Price to find his big boy pants or else it'll be another Rd 1 loss

I’m not saying I feel good about the bullpen, but the situation they are in now is about the furthest thing from a “playoff type atmosphere” that you can find.

Ten games remaining and...

Magic number of 2 for the division.

Magic number of 3 for the best record in baseball (over HOU).

How is that a “playoff atmosphere”? Also, if the Sox do take the division (as expected), Price will pitch at Fenway, not Yankee Stadium, unless they get to Game 6. Even this could be alleviated by starting Price in Game 1.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I’m not saying I feel good about the bullpen, but the situation they are in now is about the furthest thing from a “playoff type atmosphere” that you can find.

Ten games remaining and...

Magic number of 2 for the division.

Magic number of 3 for the best record in baseball (over HOU).

How is that a “playoff atmosphere”? Also, if the Sox do take the division (as expected), Price will pitch at Fenway, not Yankee Stadium, unless they get to Game 6. Even this could be alleviated by starting Price in Game 1.

they're are on the road, against a very good team that is fighting to keep its playoff spot. Every game matters to the Yankees right now and they're playing that way.

that's a playoff atmosphere

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
they're are on the road, against a very good team that is fighting to keep its playoff spot. Every game matters to the Yankees right now and they're playing that way.

that's a playoff atmosphere

Except every game doesn’t matter to the Red Sox and they are resting players and have certain guys on pitch counts.

Not a playoff atmosphere for the Sox.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Except every game doesn’t matter to the Red Sox and they are resting players and have certain guys on pitch counts.

Not a playoff atmosphere for the Sox.
I don't think they should be resting anyone until they have actually clinched first place. Like Yogi Berra once said "it ain't over til it's over" The Red Sox better not just take things for granted that also lets bad habits creep into your game, you need to stay sharp and focused for every game.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Price was fine???? Guess I was watching a different game

Too many walks but he didn’t pitch horribly. That pitch Andujar hit out was way up and out of the zone and the two Voit homeruns are flyouts. The error by Nunez on a routine grounder changed it from a 1-0 to a 3-0 game and created a ton of momentum.

He put too many runners in but I didn’t think he was horrible. His first few starts vs NYY were.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Tony Lafuente, the owner of Flagraphics, which made the banner, told the Globe he did not believe the banner fell off a truck.

“These guys stole my banner,” he told the newspaper.

By the end of the day Wednesday, Iacuzzi and Amaral returned to Fenway Park. A Red Sox spokesman said the men did not receive anything as a reward.

Somerville Police confirmed to WBZ-TV on Thursday they are investigating whether the banner was stolen or found.

“This matter is currently under investigation. As this is an active and ongoing investigation, no further information will be provided at this time,” police said.

Iacuzzi denied stealing the banner in a follow-up interview with the Globe.

“They lost the [expletive], they’re the ones that [expletive] up. I found it, I’m trying to do the right thing,” he said.

Last edited:

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Too many walks but he didn’t pitch horribly. That pitch Andujar hit out was way up and out of the zone and the two Voit homeruns are flyouts. The error by Nunez on a routine grounder changed it from a 1-0 to a 3-0 game and created a ton of momentum.

He put too many runners in but I didn’t think he was horrible. His first few starts vs NYY were.
I didn't say horrible, just disagreeing with him being "fine".

I don't see a 5.1 IP with 5 hits, 4 ER, 4 BB, 2 SO, 3 HR and a 3.53 ERA for the game "fine" for the 2nd starter of the team.

This also makes his career with the Red Sox pitching at Yankee Stadium a 9.79 ERA

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Cora's going to have to make some tough decisions with the playoff rotation. Do you bring Sale back on short rest for game 4 and Price for game 5 (at home), or do you play it safer and let E-Rod start game 4 and hold Sale in reserve for game 5?

And something people haven't really brought up yet (because we all want to see the Yankees lose in the wild card game because we hate them) is that there could be a substantial benefit to only have to shuttle to NY for games 3 and 4 rather than fly all the way out to Oakland. Those miles could weigh them down in a theoretical ALCS with Cleveland or Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad