Red Sox/MLB 2018 REGULAR SEASON III - 107-52 - 2018 AL EAST CHAMPS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
At the risk of sounding like a total ass, what were they trying to accomplish here?
Yeah, I wasn't sure how to voice my opinion on it either. Obviously braille is meant to be felt rather than seen, so it wasn't helping any blind fans. Just awareness, I guess. Probably some fundraising involved as well.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
How fitting that Price takes the mound tonight in Yankee Stadium.

I hope he has a hell of a game.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
You mean people are commenting on the game? That's a stunner.
My point was that is what is so frustrating. Not the posting but the cycle that the Sox are in that causes it. There is really nothing else to comment about with this team so we are stuck with the same thing every game from them. Wake up, go to work, watch the game and see the bullpen implod. Repeat

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
At the risk of sounding like a total ass, what were they trying to accomplish here?

A little OT, but did people see that story about the woman who “faked” being a sign language interpreter at a police press conference? Someone just told me about this the other day (happened last December).

Fake sign language interpreter: Woman has record of arrests for fraud

At a press conference regarding the arrest of a suspected serial killer in Tampa, this woman shows up and just starts signing. The police assumed she was the paid interpreter that are typical at these pressers, but she just walked in off the street and didn’t even know sign language. It was a little distressing because one of the victim’s mother was at the presser and was deaf.

People are f***ed up.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Yeah, I wasn't sure how to voice my opinion on it either. Obviously braille is meant to be felt rather than seen, so it wasn't helping any blind fans. Just awareness, I guess. Probably some fundraising involved as well.
Gotta believe this is the answer, otherwise I'm not sure.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: JRull86

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
If those two clowns aren't the definition of "Masshole", I'm not sure what is.

Dood, I crossed like 3 lanes of traffic on mcgrath to get this thing for the Sawx. Give us free shit at Fenway Pahk guy.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
They got the reward they deserved

Red Sox banner returned: In the end, Malden man gets nothing - The Boston Globe

Asked whether they wanted cash from the Red Sox, Iacuzzi at first said, “Yes, financial [compensation], maybe some tickets, we want something. We don’t know what we want. We want to return it, 100 percent, but we would like to get something.”
He said didn’t have a specific asking price in mind Wednesday morning.

“We want to find out what the thing’s worth,” he said. “We don’t know.”

By Wednesday afternoon, the chances of a payout or box seats at Fenway appeared to be as remote as former Sox third baseman Pablo Sandoval stealing home.

“We already have a new banner made,” said Tony Lafuente, a former Somerville alderman who owns Flagraphics, the company that made the banner.

He said he wasn’t sure if the original banner “fell off the truck, or if it walked off the truck. . . . I’ve been doing work for the Boston Red Sox since 1992. Nothing ever happened like this.”

Later in the interview, Lafuente said flatly that “these guys stole my banner” and “should be ashamed of themselves. This is not Boston.” He did, however, concede that his drivers sometimes use McGrath Highway during normal business hours.

The theft allegation did not sit well with Iacuzzi, who said in a third interview that “they lost the [expletive], they’re the ones that [expletive] up. I found it, I’m trying to do the right thing.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad