Red Sox/MLB 2018 REGULAR SEASON II - 85-35 - Jerry Remy Again Diagnosed With Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
That ending to the Astro's game. Gross.

The grossest part was the Astros were winning 4-0 in the top of the ninth before Ken Giles entered the game, gas can in hand. Then Rondon, who has seemingly taken over the closer's job, obviously didn't want Giles to feel down, so he promptly blew the save.

As for the bizarre ending, I'm guessing that's the record for lowest exit velocity on a game-winning play. ;)

Justin Verlander has been great this year, even a Cy Young candidate; but his win total may hold him back, due to the bullpen wasting some of his stellar performances, as they did tonight.

Reactions: Pia8988

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lead stretched to 3.5 after the Yanks have dropped 2 to the trash ass O's hahaha (I know I shouldn't be laughing in July but still)
It’s important to the Yankees to avoid that 1 game playoff so I expect them to make a big time move

That game if you are facing Paxton is basically 50/50

You win 100+ games to lose in 3 hours

Ouch

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sox schedule since Yankees series and until Phillies at end of the month:

Nationals
Royals
Rangers
Blue Jays
Tigers
Orioles
Twins

Holy smokes. More power to you if you can watch some of these horrific teams. And I like baseball. But talk about a boring month.
This season reminds me of when the NHL doubled from 6 to 12 teams

Oakland
LA
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
St Louis
Minnesota

Mlb

Baltimore
KC
Detroit
White Sox
Texas
Minnesota

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
If Bradley could just hit even .230 consistently , he deserves a spot on the lineup.

The problem is, he can't even do that. He'll get up to like .215ish and then fall apart again.

.249, .267, .245 the last 3 seasons...care to guess which is the aberration?

the guy had a bad start at the plate, it happens.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
It’s important to the Yankees to avoid that 1 game playoff so I expect them to make a big time move

That game if you are facing Paxton is basically 50/50

You win 100+ games to lose in 3 hours

Ouch

That’s true but aces don’t always end up pitching that game. This year may be different because Seattle may be so far up on the WC lead that they can plan their rotation to ensure Paxton starts, but you never know how the end of the season will go.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
Red Sox Interested In Significant Bullpen Addition

So this says that DD has been “blanketing the relief market” for a quality upgrade. I’m glad. I don’t think it’s even up for debate that the bullpen needs a boost.

I really like the idea of Raisel Iglesias from the Reds. Barraclough from Miami would be a quality piece, too.

I don't get this at all. The bullpen has actually been very good this year. It doesn't hurt to get another arm but with the way my boy Dombrowski has gutted the farm system do they even have the pieces necessary to get someone?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
.249, .267, .245 the last 3 seasons...care to guess which is the aberration?

the guy had a bad start at the plate, it happens.
Look at last night - if he hits the ball to center and the other way he is good - allows him to wait longer and widen the plate

I really don’t get him seems so simple a concept

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Reactions: N o o d l e s

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I don't get this at all. The bullpen has actually been very good this year. It doesn't hurt to get another arm but with the way my boy Dombrowski has gutted the farm system do they even have the pieces necessary to get someone?

If you trust Matt Barnes and Joe Kelly in the playoffs, you’re a better man than me

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Some talk of Francisco Cervelli as a replacement catcher while Vasquez out - good solid platoon guy who can get on base.

Great clubhouse rep - was once a Yankees could be in play maybe again to them.

All the take Bobby Ryan contract to Erik Karlsson trades makes me think I bet Baltimore would give Manny Machado away if a team would take Chris Davis.

I would rather do the Cersi ‘Walk of Shame’ than be Chris Davis and have to play the next 4 1/2 years on that contract.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Miguel Cabrera ruptured biceps tendon out for year .....

My advice is Miggy get ahold of Prince Fielder and borrow his ‘I can’t play baseball anymore speech’ (but I can get paid the remaining $100 + M)

Since this is baseball related, if I’m Cabrera I am making sure I’m done- and collecting on this as a baseball related injury.

Every major insurance company that insures these athletes contracts needs to distribute a photo of Dave Dombrowski with strict instructions do not have any contact with this man.

Dombrowski has done a fantastic job since coming aboard but he negotiated some of the worst contracts in history.

To his credit he worked for Mike Illitch who at the end didn’t even know which side of his hair piece went on. And there are rumors Scott Boras used to go right to owners.

DD is a good baseball guy and was Gammons favorite back in the early 80’s but his deals and signings have been spectacular on both sides

He seems to be on a nice run

Needs to sign Betts, Bogearts, Kimbrell in the next 1-3 years

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Are they all set with Hanley and Slim next year with contracts?

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I don’t know how much blame DD should take for some of those Tigers contracts...they were doing whatever they could to get Ilitch a WS before he died. Having said that, didn’t they re-sign Cabrera way before they needed to?

Kimbrel will be an interesting case...he isn’t showing any signs of slowing down yet, but he has to at some point no? Also, I hate giving massive contracts to RP’s no matter how good. How often do we see around the league some random guy who none of us have heard of come up from the minors and put up big seasons? On the other hand, RP’s are so finicky that when you have a good one that does it year in and year out maybe you need to pony up for that. Will be interesting to see what direction they go in...

Reactions: DKH

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Some talk of Francisco Cervelli as a replacement catcher while Vasquez out - good solid platoon guy who can get on base.

Great clubhouse rep - was once a Yankees could be in play maybe again to them.

If they are looking at RP from Miami, I would go all-in and try to pry Realmuto from them at the same time. It would most likely cost a ton though.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If they are looking at RP from Miami, I would go all-in and try to pry Realmuto from them at the same time. It would most likely cost a ton though.
They don’t have enough to get the ‘J’ let alone the rest of his name with their prospect pool. I like your thought process though.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
They don’t have enough to get the ‘J’ let alone the rest of his name with their prospect pool. I like your thought process though.
They are stuck with what they have. System is wiped. Free agency for them. Rolling eyes for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad