Red Sox/MLB 2018 REGULAR SEASON II - 85-35 - Jerry Remy Again Diagnosed With Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Who do you think will win NL MVP? I see Scherzer floated around which I think would be pretty cool.

Not that I’d like another pitcher winning MVP when Pedro being a pitcher was the only thing keeping him from winning MVP in two of the most impressive seasons anyone has ever produced (especially considering the era).

It would just be cool that most of the talk of AL MVP has Mookie and JD battling Trout, and then have the NL MVP be won by a pitcher who has slightly worse stats in the NL than Sale has throwing to designated hitters. :laugh:

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I think JD Martinez is the MVP of the Red Sox but Mookie Betts will probably win AL MVP

It will be really interesting what happens with the vote. I’m with you though...Betts is arguably the best player in the league this year given he can do it all (at the plate/in the field/on the bases) but I think Martinez’s impact goes beyond just his numbers (which might be an almost Triple Crown so obviously nothing to scoff at) in terms of how his presence has completely changed their lineup - both the construction of the lineup and being able to slot guys in spots that they are more comfortable in (ie/ Mookie at 1 instead of 3 or 4) and having that legit power threat in the middle of the order.

It’s going to be the classic debate about how much voters are going to follow the literal definition of the award vs. just giving it to the guy having the best season. In my mind, Betts should be the Most Outstanding Player/Player of the Year (if there is even such an award) but there is certainly a strong case for Martinez as the Most Valuable Player.

Last edited:

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I think JD Martinez is the MVP of the Red Sox but Mookie Betts will probably win AL MVP

Feels a lot like many seasons of Big Papi. To win MVP (nowadays), you need to have it all (defense, glove, baserunning), which is why Mookie is finally going to win it (his WAR/GP is astonishing). But a bat like JDMs completely changes the dynamic of our line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->