Red Sox/MLB 2018 REGULAR SEASON II - 85-35 - Jerry Remy Again Diagnosed With Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
So if Josh Hader's performance on the mound tonight wasn't bad enough, during the game someone dug up his Twitter account from high school and tweets where he used racial slurs.

What a night for that guy.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Machado told Rosenthal in DC when asked that there has been no deal and will be enjoying the day off tomorrow
That was one of the most awkward interviews I’ve seen in a long time. Rosenthal shouldn’t have asked him about the trade until after the game.

I’m so mad I fell asleep before getting to see Moreland at least once.

I’d love to know why Hinch didn’t use Kimbrel.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I’d love to know why Hinch didn’t use Kimbrel.

WASHINGTON -- Red Sox closer Craig Kimbrel did not pitch in Tuesday's All-Star Game, citing a recent heavy workload as the reason.
Kimbrel said after the game that the American League team was trying to stay away from using him after he had pitched in four of Boston's last five games before the break. Not entering the game guaranteed Kimbrel receive a full four days off before the second half starts Friday in Detroit.

MLB All-Star Game 2018: Boston Red Sox closer Craig Kimbrel doesn't pitch after heavy recent workload

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
WASHINGTON -- Red Sox closer Craig Kimbrel did not pitch in Tuesday's All-Star Game, citing a recent heavy workload as the reason.
Kimbrel said after the game that the American League team was trying to stay away from using him after he had pitched in four of Boston's last five games before the break. Not entering the game guaranteed Kimbrel receive a full four days off before the second half starts Friday in Detroit.

MLB All-Star Game 2018: Boston Red Sox closer Craig Kimbrel doesn't pitch after heavy recent workload
Thanks!!

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
For the first time in a long time I didn't watch the HR derby or any of the ASG.

The new format for the HR derby sucks and completely took the fun out of it.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The commissioner says the format will not be changed no matter how this year plays out.

MLB commissioner Rob Manfred won’t eliminate one-game sudden-death wild-card game - The Boston Globe

“Let me walk you through how I think about it,” Manfred said at a Baseball Writers of America Association luncheon a few hours ahead of Tuesday night’s All-Star Game. “When we went to a one-game wild card, we did it for two fundamental reasons. We wanted to make sure that we did everything possible that teams played hard through a 162-game season. We take great pride that our regular season is meaningful and we always want it to be meaningful. How does our current system stack up on that goal? It seems to me that if the standings finished as they are today under the old system, the Yankees and Red Sox wouldn’t care who won the American League East. In contrast, under the new system we are going to be treated to a pennant race that goes all the way through to the end of September and they’re going to do everything they can to avoid playing in that one-game wild card.

“The second thing that we wanted to do is we wanted to disadvantage the wild-card team. There’s sentiment out there that winning your division should get you some advantage. Seems to me we stack up pretty well on that one as well. If you have Mookie Betts and the Red Sox nose out the Yankees by a game as a result of playing hard all the way through 162, they should get an advantage over the Yankees. And that advantage would take the form of those Yankees having to play a one-game playoff. So I’m pretty good with how it looks. I would also point out, and let me say this loud and clear, nobody appreciates the Yankee/Red Sox rivalry more than I do in terms of how important it is to the game. But I would also suggest if it’s the Brewers and Reds and winning 100 games, the uproar would be less than the Red Sox-Yankees one. So I don’t think you should get into redesigning your system based on the outcome of a particular year. Particularly when you’re getting the fundamental dynamics you were looking for.”

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When Scherzer struck out Betts and Altuve and got 2 strikes on Trout, I could almost feel like I was in his head, thinking ‘I got a chance to strike our these 3 in a row - what else is left.’ He really wanted it:

There is a good chance with health that Betts, Altuve, and Trout will be 3 of the games all time greats

When Brady goes my view is Mookie Betts will be the biggest thing around here

Rob Bradford thinks he leaves - that would be a huge loss and I disagree with him

Reactions: N o o d l e s

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Machado deal is done @CHRDANHUTCH ! On a serious note, though, it's actually going to be 5 prospects coming back. We know Diaz, MAy (both great gets) and Robinson, but I'm genuinely curious who else LAD is adding. That system is so stacked they have guys in A ball who are better than most teams top 10 prospects. This could turn out really well for BAL.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
When Scherzer struck out Betts and Altuve and got 2 strikes on Trout, I could almost feel like I was in his head, thinking ‘I got a chance to strike our these 3 in a row - what else is left.’ He really wanted it:

There is a good chance with health that Betts, Altuve, and Trout will be 3 of the games all time greats

When Brady goes my view is Mookie Betts will be the biggest thing around here

Rob Bradford thinks he leaves - that would be a huge loss and I disagree with him

Well they better stop f***ing around in the Arb. negotiations with him. Boston cannot afford to lose Betts. He's one of the best players in the entire league and will be longterm. I'd be devastated :laugh:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Machado deal is done @CHRDANHUTCH ! On a serious note, though, it's actually going to be 5 prospects coming back. We know Diaz, MAy (both great gets) and Robinson, but I'm genuinely curious who else LAD is adding. That system is so stacked they have guys in A ball who are better than most teams top 10 prospects. This could turn out really well for BAL.

Let me help in a way it'll read easier for him.

The Machado deal is done, Players are being notified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad