Red Sox/MLB 2018 REGULAR SEASON II - 85-35 - Jerry Remy Again Diagnosed With Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Home Run Derby was the most baseball I've watched all season, but boy was that final fun.
Red Sox have an obviously very good team loaded with stars

They are super interesting and entertaining to me

For years I listened to people rail how hockey sucks

Now it’s baseball sucks

Football ratings are down

Sports are dying it seems from sucking

Kirk Minehane is correct drama will eventually replace the major sports

Last edited:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Now it’s baseball sucks

I actually wouldn't say baseball sucks Dan. I just don't find it as engaging as I used to. I still get excited about big plays, like when X hit a walk off GS, but watching a whole game doesn't do it for me anymore. We'll see if things change when we get to AZ and I can experience Spring Training (new house is 2 miles from Surprise Stadium). I'm actually going to try to get back into baseball. Last night's Home Run Derby kind of reminded me how fun it can be.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I actually wouldn't say baseball sucks Dan. I just don't find it as engaging as I used to. I still get excited about big plays, like when X hit a walk off GS, but watching a whole game doesn't do it for me anymore. We'll see if things change when we get to AZ and I can experience Spring Training (new house is 2 miles from Surprise Stadium). I'm actually going to try to get back into baseball. Last night's Home Run Derby kind of reminded me how fun it can be.
I agree on watching an entire game

I can’t wstch any sport/game but the Bruins and Patriots as far as a regular season game from beginning to end

Baseball playoffs I can

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Now it’s baseball sucks

Kirk Minehane is correct drama will eventually replace the major sports

It already has on TMZ...I mean, ESPN.

They've long since gone the way of Bravo, E!, etc.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That Navy Seal Guy title alone is bad ass - he’s got the look like when they dreamed up James Bond

Glad it’s not raining

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Looks like Machado to the Dodgers has been completed and confirmed. Goodbye and good riddance...until next April.

After a lot of guessing, though, it looks like the Orioles finally didn't botch something. Yusniel Diaz is coming back to Baltimore among other pieces which, for waiting as long as they did, is great for the Orioles. Diaz is high value. The Dodgers system is absolutely loaded, though, so I imagine the other pieces coming back are decent.

Great for LA, too. They had the system depth to make a deal and they have the perfect replacement for Seager. With the NL so wide open and nobody taking control of it, this could very well be the move that puts them back in the World Series.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Looks like Machado to the Dodgers has been completed and confirmed. Goodbye and good riddance...until next April.

After a lot of guessing, though, it looks like the Orioles finally didn't botch something. Yusniel Diaz is coming back to Baltimore among other pieces which, for waiting as long as they did, is great for the Orioles. Diaz is high value. The Dodgers system is absolutely loaded, though, so I imagine the other pieces coming back are decent.

Great for LA, too. They had the system depth to make a deal and they have the perfect replacement for Seager. With the NL so wide open and nobody taking control of it, this could very well be the move that puts them back in the World Series.
Machado has not been traded

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If Hinch just used Kimbrel in the 9th, we'd have been able to go to bed a half hour ago.

And now he's going to JA Happ for the 10th. Not sure I understand, but hey, if it saves his arm, fine.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
HASN'T BEEN ANNOUNCED SIR..... IT MAY BE 3 WEEKS FROM NOW, Machado said unequivocally he has not been told anything, and was still in an Orioles uniform

That was in like the third inning and, yes, it's not OFFICIAL so Machado wouldn't be notified, especially during the middle of the f***ing All Star game.

Deal or no deal: if this exact trade is announced tomorrow morning, or even tonight, you have to stop posting in bold

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
That was in like the third inning and, yes, it's not OFFICIAL so Machado wouldn't be notified, especially during the middle of the ****ing All Star game.

Deal or no deal: if this exact trade is announced tomorrow morning, or even tonight, you have to stop posting in bold
SIR, that hasn't been confirmed and it wasn't the 3rd inning, either WHEN ROSENTHAL had that interview

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
How long ago was the 3rd inning? Its f***ing midnight now.

Since you trust Rosenthal so much, he tweeted around 9:15 pm that the deal was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad