Red Sox/MLB 2018 REGULAR SEASON II - 85-35 - Jerry Remy Again Diagnosed With Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
Nice to see JBJ warm up over the past few series. Hopefully the All-Star break doesn't stifle his momentum, because when he gets going along with Betts, JDM, and Xander, watch OUT.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Pass.

Just roll with Devers at this point.

I think so too, but I can also see the case for it. They could use another proven power bat come playoff time and he's an impending UFA so it wouldn't really have a long term effect on Devers. The thing that sucks is they're not going to have much time to reassess things when Devers comes off of the DL because the trade deadline is approaching so rapidly.

I can see them sticking with Devers and I am not advocating for Moose, but he would solidify the lineup during a potential World Series year.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think so too, but I can also see the case for it. They could use another proven power bat come playoff time and he's an impending UFA so it wouldn't really have a long term effect on Devers. The thing that sucks is they're not going to have much time to reassess things when Devers comes off of the DL because the trade deadline is approaching so rapidly.

I can see them sticking with Devers and I am not advocating for Moose, but he would solidify the lineup during a potential World Series year.

If Pearce and Moreland come back to earth Mustakas isn't the worst option to have to at 1st. You'd bring him back next year for 15 mil for certain unless he opts out which might be risky after what happened to him last year?

Can you get Devers ABs at 2nd or in the OF and do you want to do that? One more bat sounds good to me. I like the bottom part of our lineup fans of JBJ/Devers/Nunez/the catchers I like all of them BUT they haven't been good enough this year for me to pass on adding a big bat to hit 6th/7th in the playoffs.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Pass.

Just roll with Devers at this point.

190.jpg
Moustakas

Twitch.jpg
Beltre

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
190.jpg
Moustakas

Twitch.jpg
Beltre
I just don't see the upgrade from Devers to Moustakas compared to what the cost would be. He's a much better fielder, but pretty much every other 3B is.

Moustakas just doesn't do it for me.

Beltre I'd be onboard with, but at this point, he's a platoon guy/defensive replacement. He's not the fielder he once was, but he's still far superior to both of them.

Edit: didn't see the pics, since I replied at work and they didnt load lol.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wow- Joey Votto was just sitting with Chris Rose & Kevin Millar and how did I not know how awesome a personality this guy was. I’ve always been a fan of the player but I’m not sure I’ve seen many athletes or anyone come across so balanced and lkmeable as this guy. I wish he was younger.

Reactions: N o o d l e s
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad