May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Forgot they had a double header today so I was watching the LLWS instead

Lucky me lol

Edit: are they actually only in the 5th?!?!? Holy shit

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
in hindsight, paying Santana 3 yrs (!!!) and whiffing on Machado really stings.

Acuna and Albies inividually are better than anyone the Phillies have not named Nola.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I don't know what the weirdest part of that play was: Nick Williams totally brain farting on the bases, Cesar taking an eternity to steal home only to touch it with his fingernail, or Cesar just holding onto Kapler's chiseled pec for 5 Mississippi seconds.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I don't know what the weirdest part of that play was: Nick Williams totally brain farting on the bases, Cesar taking an eternity to steal home only to touch it with his fingernail, or Cesar just holding onto Kapler's chiseled pec for 5 seconds.
That was a designed play. It’s a Little League play.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Mama said there'd be days like this.

Suarez was cannon fodder, the kid wasn't ML ready, but Eickhoff is still rehabbing and Lively is on the DL, those are the two pitchers with ML experience who would be your 6th and 7th starters, so De Los Santos, Anderson and Suarez are your current options. I think they haven't put Irvin on the 40 man yet so they didn't want to bring him up.

Suarez has ML stuff but his inexperience showed, he was intimidated and nibbled too much and got behind in the count.
Leiter has gotten a few shots but his command is too meh to make it with his marginal stuff.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
what a turnaround for Clearwater, at the end of May they were 21-29 and since then they have gone 46-25 and that's without Sixto for most of that time.

Lakewood has been sick this year, they broke the team record with their 23rd SO but have lost several arms to Clearwater lately.

Bullpen sucks.

as of a couple days ago, they were ranked #1 in all of baseball from July 1st to today. But the starters struggling has taxed the pen.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
what a turnaround for Clearwater, at the end of May they were 21-29 and since then they have gone 46-25 and that's without Sixto for most of that time.

Lakewood has been sick this year, they broke the team record with their 23rd SO but have lost several arms to Clearwater lately.

as of a couple days ago, they were ranked #1 in all of baseball from July 1st to today. But the starters struggling has taxed the pen.

They had a donut in the organization with all the trades for AA and AAA level players, it's taken two years to fill in the talent at the A ball level, but with 2 DSL and 2 GCL teams, and a higher level of effort to find international players (not just a few high bonus LA guys, but they're now covering the globe) I think they'll keep the talent pipeline humming.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bring him the **** in. It's gonna be good. If the hitting continues, I do hope we keep Ramos.

I'd rather sign Ramos for 2-3 years to caddy for Alfaro and help mentor him.
I'm not willing to overpay for Harper, between his inconsistency and some injury issues I don't see him as a good bet on a long-term (>5 years) deal.
And I'm not paying top dollar for him, he's not a great defender and outside of one big year, has been a good but not special player.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I might get crucified for this, but I think Harper is overrated. I wouldn't want to pay him what some people are saying he's going to get in free agency, I just don't envision him being worth it.

Having said that, this team definitely needs to improve their offense, and he would certainly help. But I just don't have a good feeling about Harper long term.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I might get crucified for this, but I think Harper is overrated. I wouldn't want to pay him what some people are saying he's going to get in free agency, I just don't envision him being worth it.

Having said that, this team definitely needs to improve their offense, and he would certainly help. But I just don't have a good feeling about Harper long term.

He is overrated.

Reactions: Jray42

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
signing Harper wouldn't be awful...think he'd easily hit 40+ here ..but i am concerned with that BA and the high strikeout total..but add him and a pitcher..which we could use...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad