Votes: 3 8.6%
  • i'm telling del zotto

Votes: 32 91.4%

• Total voters

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I’m not really an eye for an eye type of person. The world knows McGregor is a joke, so be the responsible adult in the situation. Show composure, that stooping to their level isn’t always the best way.... but that seems to be lost on this generation. So w/e act like a fool too...
IMO Toughness isn’t about beating people up, it’s handling the bs & moving forward with grace.

Yesterday was the punchline to a long joke that started with that bus incident. At least the WWE has competition in sports entertainment again...

Speaking of that bus incident, had that NOT been Connor McGregor, I’m pretty sure that Dana White and the UFC would have imposed a far greater penalty. Since McGregor is a huge draw however, White used a massive double standard in his treatment.

Think of it from Khabib’s perspective: this guy tries to attack you in a violent way while you’re on a bus, and could have seriously injured or even killed you. The President of the UFC doesn’t give out appropriate punishment. Said opponent then talks about your father, insults your country, and insults your culture. The President doesn’t really seem to care, while the Irish fans (and most of Mcgregor’s fans) continue to taunt you during press conferences.....as does Mcgregor’s team. Of course Khabib is going to go over the deep end.

McGregor isn’t a dumb guy either. He’s very Street smart. He knows how seriously people of Khabib’s religion and background take certain kinds of insults.

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
Does my account need to be approved on /r/canucks for my posts to be seen? /r/hockey can see my posts without any issues. I've gathered 400 karma points so far, but my /r/canucks posts still seem to be invisible.

/u/BladeParadigmHF is my profile.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I don't think you need mod approval to post on r/canucks, though I never post there, so I don't know if their policies have been changed. Your posts on r/hockey are indeed showing up fine. Maybe you were shadowbanned? (no, you wouldn't be able to post on Reddit at all if that was the case) You'll want to message u/yosoo about it.

Last edited:

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
I don't think you need mod approval to post on r/canucks, though I never post there, so I don't know if their policies have been changed. Your posts on r/hockey are showing up fine. Maybe you were shadowbanned? (no, you wouldn't be able to post on Reddit at all if that was the case) You'll want to message u/yosoo about it.
From day one, I have been unable to post on /r/canucks. It's very strange. I'll let /u/yosoo know. Thank you.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Does my account need to be approved on /r/canucks for my posts to be seen? /r/hockey can see my posts without any issues. I've gathered 400 karma points so far, but my /r/canucks posts still seem to be invisible.

/u/BladeParadigmHF is my profile.

How old is your account? It usually takes a while before you're allowed to comment there if you have a new account.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Uh oh.

So I've been on holiday here in China for the past week (National Day Holiday here), and my sleep schedule got extremely ruined (been going to bed at 6:30 AM every day). Earlier today, I came up with the idea of staying awake way past 6:30 AM, and toughing it out until 8:00 PM). My incentive for doing this today was to go to the Sports Bar and simultaneously watch the Canucks game and the UFC fight.

I'm not sure if this is going to work, lol. 7:16 AM here and my body is starting to crash big time. Hopefully, Starbucks Vanilla Latte can help me out here, or these are going to be a terrible 12 hours.

I’m sure MANY of you are wondering if my plan worked?

Unfortunately, it did not. I ended up staying up the whole night and day and went to sleep at 8:30 PM. I figured I’d have a 12 hour sleep and get up at around 8:30 am the next day. Nope.

I ended up tanking for 16 and a half hours and got up at 1:00 PM. My sleep schedule is still screwed.

Slept like 4-5 hours. Would get up for a bit: post on here for a bit.....and proceeded to do that for 2 more cycles.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I’m sure MANY of you are wondering if my plan worked?

Unfortunately, it did not. I ended up staying up the whole night and day and went to sleep at 8:30 PM. I figured I’d have a 12 hour sleep and get up at around 8:30 am the next day. Nope.

I ended up tanking for 16 and a half hours and got up at 1:00 PM. My sleep schedule is still screwed.

Slept like 4-5 hours. Would get up for a bit: post on here for a bit.....and proceeded to do that for 2 more cycles.
Oh yeah, we were all sitting on the edge of our seats waiting to hear how that came out...

btw, Melatonin. No idea if it's available in China (if that's where you still are) but that stuff's gold for fighting jet lag.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Hit the Post takes note the next time he thinks about making fun of Bovinder.;)

:D Bring it on bitch! ;)

In all seriousness though, I think Khabib is Muslim. All religions have a certain percentage of people that take their religions seriously, but my guess is that there is a higher percentage of Muslims in this regard.

Like I said -I love Mcgregor and have always been a fan. His trolling of Jose Aldo was legendary. I just think he acted like a complete idiot with Khabib.

Khabib absolutely mauled the rusty Mcgregor. My hope is that Mcgregor comes back fires up for their rematch just as he did against Diaz.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
:D Bring it on *****! ;)

In all seriousness though, I think Khabib is Muslim. All religions have a certain percentage of people that take their religions seriously, but my guess is that there is a higher percentage of Muslims in this regard.

Like I said -I love Mcgregor and have always been a fan. His trolling of Jose Aldo was legendary. I just think he acted like a complete idiot with Khabib.

Khabib absolutely mauled the rusty Mcgregor. My hope is that Mcgregor comes back fires up for their rematch just as he did against Diaz.

Ha,

Very interesting Instagram post by Mr. Chuck Lidell.

Apparently, the only reason why McGregor was attacked *after* the fight, was because McGregor was the one that threw the first punch!

Morning Report: Chuck Liddell goes off on UFC 229: Khabib vs. McGregor brawl

Like I said - McGregor's my boy and everything, but he acted like a world class fool during this entire feud. My hope is that McGregor takes this beating like a man, get humble, goes back to work, and f***s up Khabib in their rematch.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
It was quite awesome though. You better believe that guaranteed a rematch for Conor, as long as Khabib isn't in jail or deported.
Awesome, really? I found it embarrassing as a sports fan in general, and I don't even follow the UFC any more. If I were a fan of the sport I would be horrified of what my sport had turned into. That is childish, lowest common denominator bullshit.

Reactions: Dave Lister

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
On a more serious note guys, Justin Bieber is apparently having an identity crisis of some kind:

Justin Bieber's having 'an ongoing identity crisis,' worries insider

Let’s take this time to wish Justin Bieber well during what I imagine to be trying times for the young man.
oh-my-god-who-the-hell-cares.jpg

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Maybe they need to follow suit and change the F to an E, like another company did.

Ultimate Entertainment Championship. ;)

Perhaps lol. I really don't keep up with the UFC anymore. A few years ago I was into it and would try to check out every PPV, but now it just feels so watered down and over exposed. I don't know who most of the fighters are, and no one really grabs my attention outside of McGregor. To each their own I guess. But instead of "where does Khabib go from here?" we have a natural re-match with McGregor despite the fact that Khabib really dominated that fight.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Perhaps lol. I really don't keep up with the UFC anymore. A few years ago I was into it and would try to check out every PPV, but now it just feels so watered down and over exposed. I don't know who most of the fighters are, and no one really grabs my attention outside of McGregor. To each their own I guess. But instead of "where does Khabib go from here?" we have a natural re-match with McGregor despite the fact that Khabib really dominated that fight.

The UFC has definitely done a poor job in terms of watering down their cards and fights. Really ruined it for most fans.

Saturday's card was great though and the spectacle after the fight was quite the scene. I thought it was great entertainment, and so did everyone I watched it with.

The people who take to the internet with dramatic outrage after these things are a bit much. Rivalries in sports are a great thing.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
The UFC has definitely done a poor job in terms of watering down their cards and fights. Really ruined it for most fans.

Saturday's card was great though and the spectacle after the fight was quite the scene. I thought it was great entertainment, and so did everyone I watched it with.

The people who take to the internet with dramatic outrage after these things are a bit much. Rivalries in sports are a great thing.
It kind of reminded me of the Pedro Martinez/Don Zimmer thing. Yeah, it further fueled a great rivalry, but was downright embarrassing of how it went down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad