Votes: 3 8.6%
  • i'm telling del zotto

Votes: 32 91.4%

• Total voters

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Thanks haha, and no its a collection of short stories and poetry. It's a fairly small publisher so I don't know if they'll even sell it online but we'll see :)
Well anyways im sure a lot of us here would like to know and support a fellow Canucks HFBoarder, even if weve disagreed many times :)

Reactions: Hansen

Curmudgeon

Aug 18, 2018
Has anyone here gotten a jury duty summon before?
I have a summon to attend a jury duty selection. The trial is estimated to last 50 days. Theres no way I can take that much time off from work. I applied online to be excused from the selection but it was declined. Anyone know what the penalties are for not attending the selection?

I received my third a few weeks ago. The first two were a number of years ago and I got out of those with a letter stating I'm in a single income household with a mortgage to pay and it would create financial hardship over an extended period. This one I'm SOL, hopefully they settle by end of November.

Good luck!

Reactions: Nuck Bonino

Nuck Bonino

May 10, 2011
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

I received my third a few weeks ago. The first two were a number of years ago and I got out of those with a letter stating I'm in a single income household with a mortgage to pay and it would create financial hardship over an extended period. This one I'm SOL, hopefully they settle by end of November.

Good luck!

Hmm Im in a similar situation, how do I prepare a letter like this?

Curmudgeon

Aug 18, 2018
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

Hmm Im in a similar situation, how do I prepare a letter like this?

Just lay it out and list your major monthly financial commitments like rent/mortgage, car payments, etc and how not having your full income for about two months would create financial hardship. Be completely honest about it and hope for the best.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Buck Rogers, nice. I wonder how it still holds up?

It doesn't. It totally doesn't. It's beyond cheesy and lame. I mean, if you're five years old it might be okay, but no way otherwise.

I'd have said the same thing prior to watching the OJ documentary. It's brilliant though and if you miss it you are losing out.

It's rated 100% on Rotten Tomatoes - 97% audience score (if you don't believe me).

Oh no, I realize it's very highly rated. It's just that not only did I get sick of it at the time it happened I had a prof in university years later who was an expert witness at the trial and I got to get even more sick of it than I was to begin with. And I've already got enough stuff cluttering my crave.tv and Netflix queues as it is. And of course it's the Fall busy sports watching season with the CFL, NFL and NHL all rolling...so my screen time is pretty full already.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Just finished watching the NL wildcard game... fantastic game...

But it got me wondering...

What if coaches in hockey and football had to wear uniforms on the bench like the players do in baseball?

Probably not an original thought... but can you imagine... Belichick wearing football pants... Green wearing hockey pants and a jersey..

I've always thought those 60-70 yr old managers wearing baseball uniforms looked ridiculous...
Zimmerman of the Yankees being the ultimate example... especially during his 'scrape' with Pedro...
Thought just cracks me up..

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Just finished watching the NL wildcard game... fantastic game...

But it got me wondering...

What if coaches in hockey and football had to wear uniforms on the bench like the players do in baseball?

Probably not an original thought... but can you imagine... Belichick wearing football pants... Green wearing hockey pants and a jersey..

I've always thought those 60-70 yr old managers wearing baseball uniforms looked ridiculous...
Zimmerman of the Yankees being the ultimate example... especially during his 'scrape' with Pedro...
Thought just cracks me up..

One thought I've always loved, what if any time a coach wanted to change goalies he had to hop onto the ice and go over to the net to take the puck from the goalie, then call for the other goalie to meet him at the net so he can hand over the puck? Baseball does so many things that are just so weird and unnecessary. I love it.

Reactions: PM and Literally

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Playoff Baseball is actually good.

The Brewers recently drafted someone with the exact same name as me so I guess I want them to win.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Playoff baseball is amazing. Part of the allure is that it’s actually really hard to just make the playoffs. Not like hockey and basketball where over 50% of the league makes it and you sometimes get teams with a below .500 win %. Those weird little rules in baseball always pop up in the playoffs too. Like that weird hug on the baseline in extra innings last night.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
This sounds awful but it worked for a Co-worker of mine, but he just got a doctors note stating that he gets anxiety attacks and it’s too stressful for him.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Downtown Vancity on a Friday night is always a great idea

Man I love this team :yo:

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Downtown Vancity on a Friday night is always a great idea

Man I love this team :yo:

not really, I remember 2 am in gastown, I see one dude taking a piss in the middle of the street, another person punching street sign with his bare fists, and another person doing pushups on the sidewalk.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
not really, I remember 2 am in gastown, I see one dude taking a piss in the middle of the street, another person punching street sign with his bare fists, and another person doing pushups on the sidewalk.
Edit

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad