Fortnite or no?

• heck yeah

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • i'm telling del zotto

Votes: 32 91.4%

• Total voters

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
That's $32.50 for a professional football game, a hotdog and a beer. The dog and beer is normally like $15, so you are essentially getting in the building for $17.50. The Langley Rams Junior football team charges $15 for their games. About the same for the cheapest seats at a Giants game. What you're asking is unreasonable. Operating BC Place for the day probably ain't cheap.

Yeah but that beer and hot dog cost them what 4 bucks tops. They need to build a fan base they need to attract people that wouldn’t normally go. They need people to build an attachment.

Say my price 40 bucks, realistically they are still making 32 bucks they wouldn’t because I wouldn’t normally go. But while I’m there am I just going to have 1 beer (some might) no I’m gonna have 3-4. Maybe I’ll get a pretzel maybe after a couple game I buy a hat. The point is to put butts in the seats get them spending else where. Make the intisk investment so low that it seems like a great idea to go rather than something I never think about.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Being completely honest, US college football is probably the best football to watch, regardless of who is playing. The level of creativity is unmatched by the NFL or CFL, the talent disparity is larger which leads to bigger plays and high scores. If it came down to two teams I did not care about, NCAA puts out the most interesting product, as a football guy. It's a shame there is so much bullsh*t off the field.

This 100%. College is damn exciting football.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Yeah but that beer and hot dog cost them what 4 bucks tops. They need to build a fan base they need to attract people that wouldn’t normally go. They need people to build an attachment.

Say my price 40 bucks, realistically they are still making 32 bucks they wouldn’t because I wouldn’t normally go. But while I’m there am I just going to have 1 beer (some might) no I’m gonna have 3-4. Maybe I’ll get a pretzel maybe after a couple game I buy a hat. The point is to put butts in the seats get them spending else where. Make the intisk investment so low that it seems like a great idea to go rather than something I never think about.
But you actively look down on the CFL, but your also saying you'd go if it were cheap? Something doesn't fly there.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Thursday night drinking for the win :yo:

Man I love the summer :yo:

Reactions: dim jim

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
But you actively look down on the CFL, but your also saying you'd go if it were cheap? Something doesn't fly there.

Still can be fun to go, I used the term me and such but I was speaking in general they should be trying for as many butts in the seats as they can while the tv deal covers payroll.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Still can be fun to go, I used the term me and such but I was speaking in general they should be trying for as many butts in the seats as they can while the tv deal covers payroll.
IMHO they're still in the 80s in terms of marketing their product (I'm not talking the CFL in general - I can't speak about how teams are run in other cities). As much as we have to thank for all the work Wally has done for the franchise, it's this area that has been pretty much frozen in time.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
NFL Red Zone is the best. 8 hours of nonstop football with no commercials on Sundays. PST timezone is GOAT for NFL watching as well.

Reactions: m9

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
NFL Red Zone is the best. 8 hours of nonstop football with no commercials on Sundays. PST timezone is GOAT for NFL watching as well.
Mainly because sitting through one single NFL can be painful sometimes.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

For sure. I like watching one game on the main TV and going with the Redzone on the side (tablet, computer, whatever) but if your favorite team isn't playing then just going with Redzone is good too.

Mainly because sitting through one single NFL can be painful sometimes.

Whines that people are bad-mouthing the CFL, then posts things like this. Good stuff.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I don't know how anyone can enjoy the NFL. The over the top production, the constant stoppages and commercials, and the completely incomprehensible rules where there is no consistency on what even counts as something as fundamental as a touchdown catch making every damn touchdown subject to review and arguments.

I don't care about the CFL at all but nothing is as painful to watch these days as the NFL in my opinion when you take everything together even if he sport itself is good.
This is what I used to think football was like before I actually started watching it

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Yesterday I was flipping between the Lions vs Eskimos and Seahawks vs Colts.

Entertainment value was CFL >>>>>>> NFL yesterday. Okay, it's a one day, two game sample size. But still.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Also, was grateful for that nice little bit of cloud coverage this morning so it wasn't too hot to move by 7:30...oh wait. That wasn't clouds. That was a chemical fire on a barge throwing up huge plumes of toxic smoke from New West.

D'oh.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Whines that people are bad-mouthing the CFL, then posts things like this. Good stuff.

Exactly how I feel about the CFL, but apparently only you can insult a league

What?? I am a fan of the NFL as well. I am a fan of football period, in all forms. I enjoy watching local Junior and High School games in person, and coach the game as well. But recognizing that not every NFL game is top end entertainment is the same as saying the CFL isn't real football?

*Jennifer Lawrence dismissive .gif*

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I use to watch other sports but got bored of them. Like two years ago stopped watching NFL, like 5 years ago stopped watching CFL and baseball. Hockey is my true sports love!

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I use to watch other sports but got bored of them. Like two years ago stopped watching NFL, like 5 years ago stopped watching CFL and baseball. Hockey is my true sports love!

After the 2011 cup loss, I figured that I would gradually lose interest in hockey while increasing my love and interest in other sports.

Instead - the opposite happened:

My love for hockey intensified ten fold while my interest in ALL other sports completely fell off a cliff. I retired as an NBA fan in 2013, NFL in 2014, CFL in 2015, and MLB baseball in 2015. I also stopped watching the WWE around 2015 (not a sport, I know). I stopped watching and following tennis in 2017.

Outside of MMA (and maybe a few WWE clips), I only watch and care about the NHL.

All of my favorite athletes and teams have won championships......except the Canucks.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
The only other “sport” that tickles my fancy is english league darts. Crazy skill and the fans are all drunk and chanting. ONE HUNDRED EIGHTYYYYYYY

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I like F1 racing. There's actually a young Canadian kid making waves on the circuit, and he's only going to get better.

Used to watch Indycar before it fell off a cliff. NASCAR sucks.

Used to do a bit of street racing myself once upon a time. Sometimes even legally.

Reactions: The Stig

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I like F1 racing. There's actually a young Canadian kid making waves on the circuit, and he's only going to get better.

Used to watch Indycar before it fell off a cliff. NASCAR sucks.

Used to do a bit of street racing myself once upon a time. Sometimes even legally.
Oh god don't get me started. What a horrible fall from grace that was. Our family used to go to the Vancouver Indy every year from when I was in diapers until about 2000/2001. It was a blast. I still have a box somewhere filled with autographed photos from Paul Tracy, Greg Moore, Bobby Rahal, Al Unser Jr., Multiple Andretti's Alex Carpentier, ect....

Reactions: The Stig

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Im on a hardcore Forza kick atm. I love motorsports. Cars in general. Living in my new apartment has really put a dent in my weekend activities. I usually spend the weekend tinkering on the truck. Cant really do that in an underground parkage.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Oh god don't get me started. What a horrible fall from grace that was. Our family used to go to the Vancouver Indy every year from when I was in diapers until about 2000/2001. It was a blast. I still have a box somewhere filled with autographed photos from Paul Tracy, Greg Moore, Bobby Rahal, Al Unser Jr., Multiple Andretti's Alex Carpentier, ect....

I VIVIDLY remember the day Greg Moore died. I remember watching it live.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad