NCAA: 2018 Offseason

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Because people with drug issues don't have brains that look like that.

And studies show pot can actually help those with CTE.

I mean....at least come up with something good.

And you know what their brains look based on what? Theyve never shown the republic what a fully concussed brain looks like. These guys take painkillers and do a bunch of stuff. If this were so universal EVERY former player who wasnt like a kicker would have issues. But they dont and thats the point. Its much more complex than the propoganda machine that is media tells you. Theyre just fear mongering. Fear is used to control people's lives. Thats all they want to do. They dont give a real f*** about these guys or anything.

Im for pot so no argument there.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
amazing how you fit such an astounding contradiction into such a succinct sentence

Being judgemental and objective are not the same. Judgement is based on biases and pre conceived notions, being objective is based on research and facts obtained. You may have a certain viewpoint but if something can change what you originally thought then you should tell what you find not what you think because what you think doesnt matter to the masses you're talking to.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Being judgemental and objective are not the same. Judgement is based on biases and pre conceived notions, being objective is based on research and facts obtained. You may have a certain viewpoint but if something can change what you originally thought then you should tell what you find not what you think because what you think doesnt matter to the masses you're talking to.

So you don't think reporters researched CTE and concussions? They just write articles on a whim?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Man football players really do get away with things on campus

Could you imagine if non-football players were on camera in confrontation like this caught on security camera's and then lied to cover it up

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

Man football players really do get away with things on campus

Could you imagine if non-football players were on camera in confrontation like this caught on security camera's and then lied to cover it up

Laws are not real. This i no different in the real world. Corporate america and the one percent can do things you cant like move money off shore, get tax write offs and exemptions. The elite dont use the banks but they sure as hell push the idea the average person should put their money in the bank.

The football players make the school potentially extra dough.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
This is "just" a 3-star kid as a junior, but I love the story that he wants to be Buckeye so bad he takes a bus all by himself for 12 hours to come for camp and after he wanted to commit, Urban told him to talk it over with his family first and take his time and get with his family. Just a 3-star, but he picked tOSU over Alabama, so my guess is that he makes a 4-star this year.

This is why you get on a Greyhound bus to Ohio State's camp:...

Three-star tight end Cormontae Hamilton of Memphis (Tennessee) Whitehaven jammed himself onto a Greyhound bus for a 12-hour ride to Ohio State’s Friday Night Lights camp.

He went to Columbus alone — without his mother, who was forced to work — to get an Ohio State offer. And he announced his verbal commitment to Ohio State on Friday afternoon.

Reactions: G F O P

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I just noticed that Louisville vs. Alabama is the ABC night game on the opening Saturday. I get that they probably didn't want Washington vs. Auburn to compete with Notre Dame vs. Michigan, but still...

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
QB Shea Patterson Ready to Be Michigan's Savior After Escaping Ole Miss Wreckage

How do you explain the Harbaugh Experience? Former Michigan (and current UCLA) quarterback Wilton Speight tells a story to sum it up nicely. Early in his Michigan tenure, Harbaugh pulled Speight aside and told him not to eat chicken, a protein that is considered fairly safe by nutritionists. When Speight asked why, Harbaugh said, "because it's a nervous bird."

"He thinks some type of sickness injected its way into the human population when people began eating white meats instead of beef and pork," Speight says. "And he believes it, 100 percent."

Sep 19, 2008
Harbaugh is one oddball. Watch "All or Nothing" for a hilarious look inside Michigan. The first episode he starts rambling to his team about how he wanted ice cream as a kid and didn't get it.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

!!!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif

Sep 19, 2008
I heard it was sold out :laugh:

You seem awfully loose for someone whose winning head coach was just put on leave and could possibly be fired.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I just noticed that Louisville vs. Alabama is the ABC night game on the opening Saturday. I get that they probably didn't want Washington vs. Auburn to compete with Notre Dame vs. Michigan, but still...

Feels like ABC’s first night game of the season every year is Bama’s annual neutral site game.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I heard it was sold out :laugh:

You seem awfully loose for someone whose winning head coach was just put on leave and could possibly be fired.

My identity isn't tied up with the teams I like. If someone on a team I like acts like a dick, he should get what's coming. I'll still want the team to win after he leaves. I don't want to be embarrassed to want my team to win.

Reactions: Crossfire Hurricane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad