NCAA: 2018 Offseason

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
LOL because a spanking is so detrimental. I jhave baby boomer parents and aunts and uncles. I've heard stories, it definitely feared kids to behave. In the long term it probably made them better people. I look at this generation, I hate being apart of it but i'm also old enough to see how these people act. Millenials act so entitled, like they all deserve the latest gadget in tech, they have no respect for others or others belongings. Social media has created a generation of narcissists. It's not that parents wanted to beat their kids for the jolly, they just knew it would strike fear in them. You're thinking of someone giving black eyes and teeing off, i'm just saying a paddle to the ass or a hand to the ass once hard, effective, short, not physically damaging.

I think that there are issues that can be brought up with the latest generation but lets not act like previous generations were all such great hardworkers with top notch behaviour.

And spanking and fear have been shown to be terrible ways to treat, motivate and get kids to behave so no it did not make anyone better people at all.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Penn state and texas working on a future home and home. Would be nice. Penn states ooc schedule has been so bad. Think they got future games against wvu, vt, and auburn though.

Seriously? this has to be a 2030+ at this rate. our OOC games are ridiculous this coming decade.

Also speaking of h&h, apparently Del Conte went to A&M to schedule them again and they shut it down cause they play in the SEC west. So we went and scheduled Bama those years.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Seriously? this has to be a 2030+ at this rate. our OOC games are ridiculous this coming decade.

Also speaking of h&h, apparently Del Conte went to A&M to schedule them again and they shut it down cause they play in the SEC west. So we went and scheduled Bama those years.
yeah i think its 2030. maybe 2029 and 2030 or 2030 and 2031.

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
f***ing millennials with their participation trophies and their brunch and their moral objections to watching someone die then taking 50 minutes to dial 9-1-1.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The problem with college football is Clemson gets a pass for last year, gets the preseason ranking, wins out and is in, I think they should be put into the mid teens or low 20's to where they have to win out and get help versus being hnnded a spot.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I think that there are issues that can be brought up with the latest generation but lets not act like previous generations were all such great hardworkers with top notch behaviour.

And spanking and fear have been shown to be terrible ways to treat, motivate and get kids to behave so no it did not make anyone better people at all.

No I don't disagree but this is the first generation raised by pop culture and social media, so I think that is an underlining factor. I'm not saying older people didn't have entertainers and stuff they didn't like but I don't think they influenced everything. I think back to like Air Jordan's. People loved MJ, his shoes were double the price of regular shoes, the masses bought them thinking they were more valuable. They really werent, they weren't better shoes in the custom make, the only thing they had was the association of MJ. If you wore them you automatically decreased the value and people weren'r buying to sell. Trends and pop culture have hurt society. There have always been trends but only for like the last 20-25 years have they truly been pushed through pop culture. Now you have dumb shit like the tide pod challenge as a trend. It's all people wanting clicks on social media. No logical person would eat a tide pod. Not saying other generations didn't do things but they didn't have social media or cable TV pushing it.

Mar 1, 2002

Hope Jimbo enjoyed College Station

Marchiol off Zona roster after video surfaces

Linebacker Santino Marchiol, who transferred to Arizona from Texas A&M and alleged that the Aggies' coaches committed NCAA violations, is no longer on the Wildcats' roster.

Arizona coach Kevin Sumlin told reporters Monday that Marchiol "was informed this morning that he's no longer on the team."

The announcement comes after a Hudl video, linked to an account believed to be Marchiol's, surfaced Friday. The clip includes two people discussing footage of a Texas A&M scrimmage from April. A voice in the clip refers to several black players as "monkeys."

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland

This was old news from two weeks ago. The longer this goes on the more likely Durkin keeps his job.

The top boosters sent a letter to the BOR yesterday in support of Durkin keeping his job. Doubt he goes anywhere unless there is overwhelming evidence he did anything wrong.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Hmm, its almost like the espn article completely exaggerated the story at the request of the lawyer. Dinich even admitted she sought out (and had trouble finding btw) people who would speak out against the program. I'm sure any time people are pushed out of a program they are going to be bitter about it.

This was an offseason workout not a football practice. By rules Durkin was not allowed to have involvement with the workout. The coach running the workout has resigned. Running these kind of sprints is a pretty standard workout done in many high school athletics even.

I follow the Terps closely and know someone that is around the FB program. Never heard a peep about anything negative re Durkin. In fact players are always gushing about the coaching staff.

The past two years the Terps have had their best two recruiting classes in decades. Mainly with local players that know players on the team. This wouldn't happen if their was an excessive abusive culture. Word would have gotten out and recruiting would have dropped off.

9 of the 10 recruits this year have stayed committed to Durkin since all of this has happened. Most of them have other good offers. Why would they sign up to be abused there when they have other decent options?

It sucks that McNair died and mistakes in treatment were made. I have never for a second believed the toxic environment allegations

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Some more from former players at Stanford and Florida.

Former Stanford Players And Colleagues Discuss DJ Durkin

Seems the narrative about Durkin has begun to change at least on other forums. In fact I was reading another college football board and it said that some of the ESPN charges in the article might have been exaggerated. So from the looks of things it was an overzealous witch hunt, as you said often, he still does have support of the players.

Reactions: third man in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->