NCAA: 2018 Offseason

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Jacob Eason transferring to Washington. He'll sit the year but they'll be fine with Browning back for another season.

Chris Petersen will have fun working with Eason in 2019, definitely has a bigger arm than Browning.

member 51464

Will another program manage to unseat Kansas as D1's greatest embarrassment?

Mar 1, 2002
Next year tOSU plays at TCU, Penn St and Michigan St. Which of these would you pick as the most likely place they would lose?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Jacob Eason transferring to Washington. He'll sit the year but they'll be fine with Browning back for another season.

Chris Petersen will have fun working with Eason in 2019, definitely has a bigger arm than Browning.
Smart call on Eason. No point remaining on Georgia team with Fromm starting for 2 more seasons and a high recruit coming in as well. He's got 2 years left and Browning is a senior next season.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Next year tOSU plays at TCU, Penn St and Michigan St. Which of these would you pick as the most likely place they would lose?

Sparty is the team I'm most worried about. You just know that tOSU/Penn St will be an 8pm game as well.

My too early Top 10 for next season:

Last edited:

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Smart call on Eason. No point remaining on Georgia team with Fromm starting for 2 more seasons and a high recruit coming in as well. He's got 2 years left and Browning is a senior next season.

And, the 2018 #1 dual threat QB Justin Fields (#2 OA) is coming to Athens too. Would be an extremely crowded QB room if Eason stayed.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Fromm's job isn't safe. I don't see anything special in him. I think Fields is an EE so he'll be there for spring.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I think Fromm will be a really good college QB. But as for being a top 5 pick or even a first rounder? He's got a lot of work to do, and he has to be a lot more consistent. He reminds me a lot of Aaron Murray (this is more of a coincidence than just comparing him to another Georgia QB) in that his measurables and athleticism leave a lot to be desired with respect to the NFL. That said, there are plenty of NFL QBs his size or smaller.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Fromm's job isn't safe. I don't see anything special in him. I think Fields is an EE so he'll be there for spring.

Fromm better be ready to go next year, that's for sure. Fields also has the DT ability that might be the difference in getting passed Alabama. Kirby loves Fromm though, so he's going to have an extremely long leash. That and I'm sure Kirby wants to avoid starting a true freshman in each of his first three years at Georgia as much as possible.

Eason was gone the night that Fromm beat Notre Dame on the road. There were rumblings that Fromm had much better command of the offense as early as fall camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->