Patriots/NFL 2018 Offseason - Edelman suspended 4 games for PED violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Admittedly I'm not really an NFL fan, but I saw the Titans unveiled their new jerseys, and I have to say.... There are no good looking football uniforms anymore. They're skin tight, no sleeves, blah. I'm an old fart. Give me these back:

View attachment 110237
View attachment 110239

tight vs free flowing is the style now...same thing in college ball, no more oversized baggy uniforms, its all form fitting.

aesthetics, absolutely. I have never liked the flying Elvis and their CFL-esque design.

Have been saying for a while now they need to go back to Pat Patriot and the home reds, road whites.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
tight vs free flowing is the style now...same thing in college ball, no more oversized baggy uniforms, its all form fitting.

aesthetics, absolutely. I have never liked the flying Elvis and their CFL-esque design.

Have been saying for a while now they need to go back to Pat Patriot and the home reds, road whites.
Yeah, I get the reason for it, I just don't like it. :laugh:

But in my book, real men can play football with sleeves. :sarcasm:

BiggioRainesHOF

May 19, 2017

Pats have made 1 pick between 1-59 in the past 3 drafts. (2 others in the top 75 were Cyrus Jones and Jordan Richards, ouch). The minimum # for any other team in the league in that time from is 4.

They could quite easily draft 4 times between 1-59 in this draft alone. To be honest, unlike some other fans and maybe even Kraft/BB, I'm not at all interested in who the successor to Brady is. I want a LT and 3 defensive players in those 63 picks, maybe a trade up for Lauletta from 95 or something if we absolutely have to get a QB. But I suspect the top 6 QBs are all going to go way higher than they should.

As far as OTs, not a Kolton Miller fan at all from watching him play, much prefer McGlinchey or O'Neill.

I'm really hoping that the Cooks trade put them in the neighborhood of Maurice Hurst, followed by Evans and an edge guy. Let Scar coach up a tackle like O'Neill at 63.

BiggioRainesHOF

May 19, 2017
Also, really hope given their recent history that Belichick doesn't draft a DB high. Since the McCourty pick in 2010:

- Ras-I Dowling #33
- Tavon Wilson #48
- Jordan Richards #64
- Cyrus Jones #60

Contrast that in the 3rd round or later he's come away with

- Logan Ryan #83
-Duron Harmon #91
-Malcolm Butler UDFA
-Jon Jones UDFA

Reactions: Midship

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Here’s the latest Mock from CBS Sports:

2018 NFL Mock Draft: Bears take a surprise LB at No. 8; four QBs go in top five

Prisco has the Patriots taking Miller at 23 and Taven Bryan at 31.

He still has the ND OT McGlinchey on the board at 30 and most sites I have seen have him ranked higher than Miller. He can play either tackle (RT as a Junior, LT as a Senior), and if he’s still on the board at 23, I would be surprised if he wasn’t the pick.

Although if both Miller and McGlinchey are still there, and an impact D guy is, maybe they gamble one drops to 31?

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Pats have made 1 pick between 1-59 in the past 3 drafts. (2 others in the top 75 were Cyrus Jones and Jordan Richards, ouch). The minimum # for any other team in the league in that time from is 4.

They could quite easily draft 4 times between 1-59 in this draft alone. To be honest, unlike some other fans and maybe even Kraft/BB, I'm not at all interested in who the successor to Brady is. I want a LT and 3 defensive players in those 63 picks, maybe a trade up for Lauletta from 95 or something if we absolutely have to get a QB. But I suspect the top 6 QBs are all going to go way higher than they should.

As far as OTs, not a Kolton Miller fan at all from watching him play, much prefer McGlinchey or O'Neill.

I'm really hoping that the Cooks trade put them in the neighborhood of Maurice Hurst, followed by Evans and an edge guy. Let Scar coach up a tackle like O'Neill at 63.

I think he could be a very good RT. He doesn't have the feet IMO to be a LT

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He's showing up high in a lot of Mocks

The only guarantee I'm going to be sitting on the couch all excited there's 5 or so guys left on board when the Patriots pick at 31 and they'll go to the .00 in time for about 2 minutes of speculation and anticipation. The jingle will play and then Detroit or Tennessee will have the pick and we will find out 10 minutes later the Patriots picked up that teams second and fourth and a seventh.

When the Lions pick acquired comes up all 5 guys will be gone and Belichick will take a secondary stiff to add to the pile of second round misses over the past 15 years

Meanwhile there will be a stud TE that he will pass and be picked by the Eagles at 32

I would be fine if the Pats got a stud at 23 and decided to trade down with 31.

Indy picks 35, 36, and 49 in the 2nd round.

31 for 35 and 49 would suit me just fine (provided they nail the picks :laugh:).

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
31 for 35 and 49 would suit me just fine (provided they nail the picks :laugh:).

The Colts would have to consume everything in Jim Irsay's briefcase for them to even think about a trade like that. That's not even remotely close to equal value.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Crazy proposal I saw on another board was the Pats trading their two firsts and Gronk to the Giants and then taking Rosen with the #2 pick.

The fireworks would be epic.

BiggioRainesHOF

May 19, 2017
Crazy proposal I saw on another board was the Pats trading their two firsts and Gronk to the Giants and then taking Rosen with the #2 pick.

I would loathe that move, and you could insert the names of any of the top QBs in that space.

Allen, I wouldn't even pick at 23 or 31.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Not that it would ever happen but I think that's an overpay. 23, 31 & 43 from SF get you into the top 4.

Essentially Gronk would be worth #22 OA? Meh. I mean I get there's massive red flags with him around retirement, etc., but if one year of Brandon Cooks can get you 23 OA, I think Gronk for essentially the same pick would be a loss.

Also, hard pass on Rosen.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Not that it would ever happen but I think that's an overpay. 23, 31 & 43 from SF get you into the top 4.

Essentially Gronk would be worth #22 OA? Meh. I mean I get there's massive red flags with him around retirement, etc., but if one year of Brandon Cooks can get you 23 OA, I think Gronk for essentially the same pick would be a loss.

Also, hard pass on Rosen.

No. I'm not talking about the 43 pick. Just the 2 first rounders.

23rd pick = 760 pts
31st pick = 600 pts
Total = 1360 pts

#2 overall pick = 2600 pts

Difference = 1240 pts which equals the 11th overall pick......so they would be giving Gronk the equivalent value of the #11 pick in the draft, not #22. That's pretty damn good value for the Pats IMO.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

23rd pick = 760 pts
31st pick = 600 pts
Total = 1360 pts

Difference = 1240 pts which equals the 11th overall pick......so they would be giving Gronk the equivalent value of the #11 pick in the draft, not #22. That's pretty damn good value for the Pats IMO.

If you thought one of those QB’s were worth it.

The only guy I would trade up into the Top 10 to get would be Chubb.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

23rd pick = 760 pts
31st pick = 600 pts
Total = 1360 pts

Ah ok.

I mean that's more in line with what I think Gronk would be worth, but I still don't do it. He's too valuable to the team to package along with two firsts to grab a QB with the way this team is built. I'm sure they've done their homework on them, but I don't see any of those top 3 or 4 being what they'd look for personally, especially given what it would take to get there.

I'm assuming they draft OT and LB with those firsts, barring them trading back. That SF 2nd is prime opportunity for one of the second tier QBs that they seem to like.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Rosen rumored trade YUCK

If the Browns can get Allen and Barkley it will be a successful draft for them.

Have only started watching videos and reading on guys but some guys I would like the Patriots to take

LB Evans
OT Miller
DT Bryan
WR Tate
WR Lazard
S Elliot
LB Carter
LB Armstrong

Going to look into more guys this weekend

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
The guys attending the draft

2w5n9s8.png

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Patriots signed WR Jordan Matthews. One year deal. He struggled with Buffalo last year but his first 3 years in the league with Philadelphia were very productive

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Patriots signed WR Jordan Matthews. One year deal. He struggled with Buffalo last year but his first 3 years in the league with Philadelphia were very productive

Good player I've liked him since he was at Vandy. I don't think the down year in Buffalo is that big a deal he had some bad luck with injuries. Nice to finally have a big WR. Just add one other WR similar to him and a LT with one of the early picks. Then use everything else on D.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
So, Cooks and a 4th round pick for #23, a 6th round pick, and enough cap space to sign Jordan Matthews, who's arguably one of the best slot receivers in the game?

Yes, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad