Speculation: 2018 Off-Season: We fell short again... now what do we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
If we trade Kucherov it's probably not going to be for a bunch of guys that will eventually cost more than just keeping him.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
At the very least Aho or the #2 pick would have to be included if not both. We aren't a team that needs a ton of extra depth, we've drafted a ton of those types of guys recently and they've developed well.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
At the very least Aho or the #2 pick would have to be included if not both. We aren't a team that needs a ton of extra depth, we've drafted a ton of those types of guys recently and they've developed well.
Easily both. This is not just a regular top line winger we're talking about. That said, Kuch is is not going anywhere.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Catching up on the thread.

Very slim chance we are capable of trading for Karlsson since we have McD.

Tavares is a possible signing due to circumstances that greatly benefit him here.

Kucherov being shopped and leaked from Lightning side???? Yea ok.

A darkhorse trade could be a move for ROR from Buffalo...he'd be an amazing 2-way center with godlike faceoff % on this team.

A darkhorse signing would be getting Carlsson in FA but I just don't see Yzerman making that happen due to the McD trade.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Carlson might be an interesting option. RHD who can play two ways and big minutes. Would allow Hedman to play with Stralman and McDonagh could play with Carlson. Could see SY try to talk him into coming. One of the few big moves that I could actually see happening. If that happened they would probably trade one of Johnson or Miller. Give one of the kids a shot.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Yzerman is not going to pay anyone 10 million avv cap hit on this team the most he will pay Kucherov will probably be 8.5 avv per year

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The ONLY way this is true is if Kucherov wants out and the source is someone in his camp. Can't see that being the case, so I think this guy's looking for clicks.

Trading Kucherov for yet more depth makes no sense. I don't see Stamkos putting up ppg numbers without Kucherov, so it would leave us without a true offensive star.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Anyone know anything about this “Rumor Break” guy?
https://thehockeywriters.com/tampa-bay-lightning-consider-trading-kucherov/
“Heard from a reliable source that the Lightning are quietly fielding offers on Nikita Kucherov.”
This guy seems like eklund I’m calling BS on this guy. Last year before the drouin trade we actually heard Friedman and Bobby Mac saying it’s possible drouin moves to Montreal. I’ve heard no legit guy saying anything on kucherov getting traded.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Someone is going to throw a ****ton of money at Carlson, and we don’t have the cap to compete.

Probably, but players do tend to come here for less, by and large. It would probably cost us in the 8 range though, which would be painful.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Even with his down playoffs Johnson was still better than Miller. They had the same amount of points but Johnson had 1 more goal and did all his work at ES. Half Millers goals and points were on the PP and his +/- was worse. Johnson is also a righty which we need more and plays RW which we are weaker on. Miller is a lefty LW which we are loaded with in prospects. I'd trade both of them if possible but would do Miller first since we have replacements ready in Volkov or Joseph.

None of those guys will be able to play like Miller has at the end of the regular season, he was a first liner with ppg production throwing his size around, neither will come close to doing the samee. If anything you just listed 2 Johnson replacements. We should leverage Johnson as a "center" with the amount fo teams looking for one before he spends another full year on wing here.

I'll take Miller being useful for 80 games and being a passenger in the playoffs then Johnson being a passenger for 80 games and a coin flip for the playoffs. We have more Johnson's in the pool then we do Miller's.

Reactions: Kusic

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
None of those guys will be able to play like Miller has at the end of the regular season, he was a first liner with ppg production throwing his size around, neither will come close to doing the samee. If anything you just listed 2 Johnson replacements. We should leverage Johnson as a "center" with the amount fo teams looking for one before he spends another full year on wing here.

I'll take Miller being useful for 80 games and being a passenger in the playoffs then Johnson being a passenger for 80 games and a coin flip for the playoffs. We have more Johnson's in the pool then we do Miller's.

Have you looked closer at their numbers? Miller was 82gp 23g 35a 58p and Johnson was 81gp 21g 29a 50p. Looks like Miller is the better producer right? 5ake away PP goals and points and you have Miller 12g 28a 40p while Johnson 17g 20a 37p. So Miller put up more points but Johnson was the better goal scorer. Johnson was a 2nd liner all year while Miller was getting top line minutes at least here. Namestnikov showed that you can get very good production no matter who you put next to Stamkos and Kucherov. Do we really need Miller at 5mil in that spot?

How did I list two Johnson replacements when neither of them are right handed? They can play their off wing but both are more natural LW. They are Miller replacements. We can leverage Miller as a center just as easily as Johnson. It's also highly likely that Miller will be making more than Johnson at 5mil. The thing Miller has on Johnson is size, we got guys like Katchouk, Raddysh or Volkov who can play a similar game to Miller. Also Miller sucked hard in the playoffs. Johnson didn't have his best playoffs but he has a far superior track record than Miller who goes ghost once the playoffs come around.

Reactions: Stammertime91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad