Speculation: 2018 Off-Season: We fell short again... now what do we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Blaming a lack of effort is the easy way out. We had no answer for the Capitals. It wasn't about effort so much as everything we did didn't work. Same thing happened to Vegas except tenfold.

Washington was pretty airtight, most nights. We couldn't figure out how to get through, even on a night like Game 7, when we outplayed them.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
2 things that must be addressed this offseason. Finding a partner for Hedman not named Girardi and finding Stamkos some linemates not named Kucherov. If Miller stays he might fit with the later but I'd rather trade him.

Trade TJ and Coburn with future considerations for Oliver Ekman-Larsson and pair him up with Sergechev, moving him to RHD.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I had a dream that Keefe joined our coaching staff and took Lauer's spot of "who the hell knows what he does" let's see if it holds up in a couple weeks

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Maybe they put TKO back together and then put Point with Stamkos and Miller this season

Erne will slot in to the roster full time as well with Kunitz gone.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Ahh the ever elusive right handed defender.

I wasn't keen on us getting Mike Green as the big deadline splash but with the addition of McDonagh for another year I'm open to the idea because he was willing to be traded here and he will not be asked to be a shut down option. Green and Sergachev will give us two guys who can shoot the daylights out of the puck and if your hunch about Sergachev fast tracking is right then I don't see how teams are going to shut us down when they stack the front of the net and force us to play along the perimeter -especially if we bring up some players from Syracuse that can hold their own in the crease. Come playoff time we're going to have more balance than crossing our fingers and hoping that Hedman or McDonagh are having one of their "great for them" nights shooting because Sergachev is on the bench.

But of course he could just f*** the whole thing up by going back Washington. No way we're gonna splurge an outrageous amount for John Carlson in the meantime if he decides to chase a big contract

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Ahh the ever elusive right handed defender.

I wasn't keen on us getting Mike Green as the big deadline splash but with the addition of McDonagh for another year I'm open to the idea because he was willing to be traded here and he will not be asked to be a shut down option. Green and Sergachev will give us two guys who can shoot the daylights out of the puck and if your hunch about Sergachev fast tracking is right then I don't see how teams are going to shut us down when they stack the front of the net and force us to play along the perimeter -especially if we bring up some players from Syracuse that can hold their own in the crease. Come playoff time we're going to have more balance than crossing our fingers and hoping that Hedman or McDonagh are having one of their "great for them" nights shooting because Sergachev is on the bench.

But of course he could just **** the whole thing up by going back Washington. No way we're gonna splurge an outrageous amount for John Carlson in the meantime if he decides to chase a big contract
I like the idea of mike green we don’t need him in the top 4 but at least he can fire the puck on net unlike hedman who dumps it around and we try to play the cycle game !

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
While certainly there are tweaks to our play that Cooper could have done in the playoffs, our weaknesses on defense and PK were system oriented and they were not going to be fixed in between games of Cup finals. All that being said, the physicality and hitting of the CAPS wore us down and we got to the point of playing tentative. We did to Bruins what the CAPS did to us. We must add more size to our line-up!!! You can sprinkle in some smaller guys here and there but we cant have 3 lines that avg under 6 feet and less than 190 lbs!

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
While certainly there are tweaks to our play that Cooper could have done in the playoffs, our weaknesses on defense and PK were system oriented and they were not going to be fixed in between games of Cup finals. All that being said, the physicality and hitting of the CAPS wore us down and we got to the point of playing tentative. We did to Bruins what the CAPS did to us. We must add more size to our line-up!!! You can sprinkle in some smaller guys here and there but we cant have 3 lines that avg under 6 feet and less than 190 lbs!

Those first two games at home vs the Caps were an embarrassment. I would have fired Cooper right after the series. He's never going to get you to the promised land.

Reactions: Kusic and Todd1a

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Then please explain in detail what should have been done differently and how

Explain what? Have your team ready to play? Are you telling me that he got everything out of this team that he should have? I hate to say this, but thank god next year will be the gum chomper's last.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Explain what? Have your team ready to play? Are you telling me that he got everything out of this team that he should have? I hate to say this, but thank god next year will be the gum chomper's last.

Simple question... how long have you been watching this team?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Simple question... how long have you been watching this team?

What does that have to do with anything? Are you gonna try to demean my hockey knowledge? LOL. Tell me I don't know a thing about hockey? Or I've been a fan for a year? I've been to three SCF games, how about you? I'm a season tix holder, how about you? I grew up in Detroit as a Red WIngs fan. I've been to games at the Joe. Honestly, who cares about any of that?

Simple answer, who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad