Speculation: 2018 Off-Season: We fell short again... now what do we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Well one is a defensemen and the other is a forward. Heres an interview with him after this season ended. Seems like he's focused on learning english lol. But he had 23 goals and 22 assists this year and was a plus 19. I think he might have a shot at making a splash in training camp. Who knows.

How about our beloved Teddy Purcell? He had nice size too for a forward. :nod:

Reactions: Master P

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Does he actually use his size? People were pretty hyped about Sustr's height you know...
Volkov actually showed a nice physical edge to his game, same with Masin and Cernak who both are more physical than Sustr and Coburn despite the size difference. Volkov is a left hand shot but like other Russians, he played off wing, so can play either. From the Crunch games I watched, I’d bet Joseph would be the first in line to replace Callahan at the beginning of the year, depending on his camp and pre-season games.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Kings fan here. Just wondering if you guys think Tyler Johnson is available and what it would cost to get him. I know he has a NTC kicking in next month, and with the emergence of Point, thought maybe he could be trade bait. Thanks

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Well there has been some progress since he was drafted. Back then we didn't even know if he was a hockey player.

We literally cannot move on to figuring out what to do until we sort out this Volkov situation.

Agreed. I don't think he can make camp before we figure this out.

Plot twist: he's a center converted to wing so he's versatile and thus, has no preferred side? I don't even know anymore.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Kings fan here. Just wondering if you guys think Tyler Johnson is available and what it would cost to get him. I know he has a NTC kicking in next month, and with the emergence of Point, thought maybe he could be trade bait. Thanks

It would take a LOT. Probably a D2, C3, and/or prospects and draft picks. TJ is a pure scorer but would help your lineup. It's a tough call as to what Yzerman will do in the next 30 days but because of this past season:

1f3r3e.jpg

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It would take a LOT. Probably a D2, C3, and/or prospects and draft picks. TJ is a pure scorer but would help your lineup. It's a tough call as to what Yzerman will do in the next 30 days but because of this past season:

1f3r3e.jpg

You mean cigarette butts right? This offseason is going to be a long experience of us "promoting from within" while the rest of the NHL rolls the dice during a potentially big offseason. We'll see the return of Kovalchuk, possibly Tavares move, Karlsson may turn down his extension and meanwhile in Tampa we're debating if Volkov is LW or RW. I DO NOT have high expectations for any change whatsoever. I'll be floored if we get another Drouin/Sergachev move.

I think we're gonna get the same old same old and we're gonna like it dammit!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
You mean cigarette butts right? This offseason is going to be a long experience of us "promoting from within" while the rest of the NHL rolls the dice during a potentially big offseason. We'll see the return of Kovalchuk, possibly Tavares move, Karlsson may turn down his extension and meanwhile in Tampa we're debating if Volkov is LW or RW. I DO NOT have high expectations for any change whatsoever. I'll be floored if we get another Drouin/Sergachev move.

This club won. Franchise record 54 games I wouldn’t change a lot I want to get bigger up front and another defenseman for sure

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015

I think the no shows during the end of the season and part time players (Killorn) have made themselves expendable.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think the no shows during the end of the season and part time players (Killorn) have made themselves expendable.

Add Johnson to that list. I know he's a former playoff hero but every time (without exception) we take Palat away from him he vanishes into thin air. Johnson has little to no chemistry with anyone else save for Kucherov and he is wasted on Johnson. Killorn is a pain in the ass but I'll deal with him so long as he continues to churn out big goals like game 4. Unfortunately for us that was his "one big goal" and it's hard to expect more than that from him. If I had to choose

Get rid of: Miller, Johnson, Coburn.

Go from there

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Add Johnson to that list. I know he's a former playoff hero but every time (without exception) we take Palat away from him he vanishes into thin air. Johnson has little to no chemistry with anyone else save for Kucherov and he is wasted on Johnson. Killorn is a pain in the ass but I'll deal with him so long as he continues to churn out big goals like game 4. Unfortunately for us that was his "one big goal" and it's hard to expect more than that from him. If I had to choose

Get rid of: Miller, Johnson, Coburn.

Go from there

If we get a good return on Miller, do it. Johnson, Coburn, Killorn top my list as I still think TJ gets a nice haul of prospects or even a starting player in return. Yzergod will unveil his master plan soon enough as the draft gets closer.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
This club won. Franchise record 54 games I wouldn’t change a lot I want to get bigger up front and another defenseman for sure

WHo cares how many reg season games you win. Ask Caps fans what they think about being reg season champs. Playoffs are a different animal and we aren't tough enough. Oh yeah, Cooper gets outcoached every year as well. Dude is an anchor.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
2 things that must be addressed this offseason. Finding a partner for Hedman not named Girardi and finding Stamkos some linemates not named Kucherov. If Miller stays he might fit with the later but I'd rather trade him.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Killorn is a joke being called a power forward. The only thing he is strong at is falling down 10 times a game. If you can move him and Johnson, please SY don't blink and lets move forward. If Cernak is a hitter, please bring him here too as we need some physical players ASAP. We totally got manhandled in the series with Washington.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
WHo cares how many reg season games you win. Ask Caps fans what they think about being reg season champs. Playoffs are a different animal and we aren't tough enough. Oh yeah, Cooper gets outcoached every year as well. Dude is an anchor.
Because I don’t think our players are the problem it’s cooper in my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad