Speculation: 2018 Off-Season: We fell short again, now what do we do? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
One thing we have to make sure next season is for Domingue to get at least over 20 games. We should easily be a team that shouldn't have to rely on their #1 goalie for 65+ games. And if Domingue can keep his level from last season I wouldn't be worried about him against weaker opponents.
Agreed. I was really pleased with his play last year.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I also want to tinker with splitting up Kucherov and Stamkos. Just wish we had a real good playmaking winger to pair with Stammer, Palat is probably the best option there.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I want to see how Point, Kuch, and Miller play together. Even if it's just for a couple of games.

Just want to add, I feel we need to put Kuch with Miller a little more than we need to put him with Stammer. Palat and Johnson need to be stuck together, maybe try that experiment again since Stammer is passing more now.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I want to see how Point, Kuch, and Miller play together. Even if it's just for a couple of games.

Just want to add, I feel we need to put Kuch with Miller a little more than we need to put him with Stammer. Palat and Johnson need to be stuck together, maybe try that experiment again since Stammer is passing more now.

Johnson-Stamkos-Palat
Miller-Point-Kucherov

Sign me up

seventyz78

Sep 25, 2013
Haven’t posted in forever. Long time Bolt fan from Canada.

Just wondering why SY signed Paquette didn’t like bringing him back.

Would love to see Coop do these lines for top 6 next year

JT Point Stamkos
Palat. TJ. Kuch

I don’t like TJ on the wing and I think Stamkos would be better at wing now then Center.

Probably won’t happen.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Palat - Point - Kucherov
Killorn - Stamkos - Miller
Gourde - Cirelli - Johnson

I just want to see that 3rd line. All small, fast and tenacious out there, would cause a ton of headaches for teams. Think they can score more at ES than the 2nd line. Would force Stamkos to step up his game as he won't have Kucherov carrying him around.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Miller-Stamkos-Kuch worked really well the last 19 games or so, I'd start with that again and have Point centre Johnson and Palat

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Can somebody please explain that Jeff Skinner trade to me, or does it not make any sense to anybody else either?

EDIT: Because he only has one year left?

Still. The guy is one year removed from 37 goals.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Can somebody please explain that Jeff Skinner trade to me, or does it not make any sense to anybody else either?

Apparently Waddell said Skinner handcuffed them on the teams he would accept to go to. He has a full NMC that kicked in July 1st I think.

Reactions: DFC

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Miller-Stamkos-Kuch worked really well the last 19 games or so, I'd start with that again and have Point centre Johnson and Palat

They worked well offensively putting up points. I believe Miller had 12 , Stamkos 15 Kucherov 12 ES points but Miller was a -3, Stamkos -2 and Kucherov 0. They need more balance to that line.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Miller Point Stamkos
Palat Johnson Kucherov
Killorn Cirelli Gourde
Erne Paquette Joseph/Callahan

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I still have never seen Stamkos look good enough on the Wing to put him there. Johnson by comparison has looked fine on the wing.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

one year left till UFA and I think he had a NMC or NTC it's also why ottawa is not getting the assets they want for karlsson with out a new deal in place teams don't want to give up a lot. Ottawa won't get much back for karlsson if he does not agree to a new contract with his next team.

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I still have never seen Stamkos look good enough on the Wing to put him there. Johnson by comparison has looked fine on the wing.

I wonder how this would do.

Palat Johnson Kucherov
Miller Point Cirelli
Killorn Stamkos Gourde
Erne Paquette Joseph

Coop would never do it though.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't want Palat - Johnson - Kucherov. That ship has sailed, it doesn't work like it did when it was first formed.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
And anyone who doesn't like torture wouldn't either. Stamkos with Killorn would be cancerous.

Yea I was thinking of switching Killorn and Miller but I wanted to see Miller with Point and Cirelli. Would be interesting to see if it worked. Gourde and Killorn have worked well together before. Maybe Stamkos could feast on other 3rd lines too? I don’t know.

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I wonder how this would do.

Palat Johnson Kucherov
Miller Point Cirelli
Killorn Stamkos Gourde
Erne Paquette Joseph

Coop would never do it though.
lol Stammer puts up 80 points and you want him on the 3rd with Killorn, he'll be lucky to get 20 points.

Why break up Kuch and Stamkos. We know Kuch will get points but why not have two players in the 80's (Stammer) - 100's (Kuch) instead of just one. It would be pretty dumb to break those two up

Point can easily handle his own line

Reactions: Master P

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
How do you have Stamkos on the 3rd line?
Line order doesn’t matter

With that said I don’t really like Killorn-Stamkos-Gourde. I would try this maybe though:

Killorn-Stamkos-Kucherov
Miller-Point-Gourde
Palat-Cirelli-Johnson
Erne-Paquette-Callahan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad