2018 off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well I look at this way....we could still get a lot for Jake...I think we need to keep one vet and that would be Roo.....I love all our young talent and the talent to come online yet....imagine what we could get for Jake and Simmonds right now??

Youre not gonna have a lot of teams lining up for Jake because its a big contract. Probably looking at a Kessel like return..which is not worth it. Simmonds will have more suitors since everyone can afford him and that will drive the price up.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I can see Hexy moving Hagg for a 2nd. There's always one gm that overrates hits and wants to change their team's image.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Youre not gonna have a lot of teams lining up for Jake because its a big contract. Probably looking at a Kessel like return..which is not worth it. Simmonds will have more suitors since everyone can afford him and that will drive the price up.
I have to disagree....Jake is still fairly young and effective and with the cap going up that shouldn't be much of a problem..I think we would get a very nice return for him right now.....for that matter I believe Roo would also get a nice return too.

Peacekeeper

Sep 27, 2017
TK, NP, and even Provorov will all have their game upped next season and that will be huge.

I would still like to see a shake up though.. Trading Simmonds I am in favor of, and trading two (At least one) of Gudas/Macdonald/Hagg

Morin, Sanheim replaces them, Myers a dark horse for mid season call up

Prov ghost
Morin Sanheim (want to see, great pair in AHL)
Xxx xxx (Myers)

Manning/Macdonald/Hagg/Gudas I've seen enough of, same with our junk 4th line and trash PK

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So is there any preference about which thread I do my Weal gloating in?

I could do it in here... or maybe bump one of the old threads... doesn't matter to me. ;)

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Weal is still a better 4th line wing than Lehtera, Weise or Read. Although Read on PK did help once he was up.

But still, an upgrade is hopeful.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
2 year deals for Nash and Grabner. Thompson + 1rst for Simmonds and do not be afraid of youth.

Starting 2019 playoff lineup:

G-Coots-TK
Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
Nash-Frost-Thompson
Grabner-Laughton-NAK

Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas
Morin-Myers

Hart

PP1:
G-Patrick-Voracek
Coots-Ghost

PP2:
TK-Lindblom-Frost
Provorov-Sanheim

PK1:
Coots-Grabner
Provorov-Sanheim

PK2:
G-Nash
Morin-Myers

:thumbu:

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
2 year deals for Nash and Grabner. Thompson + 1rst for Simmonds and do not be afraid of youth.

Starting 2019 playoff lineup:

G-Coots-TK
Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
Nash-Frost-Thompson
Grabner-Laughton-NAK

Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas
Morin-Myers

Hart

PP1:
G-Patrick-Voracek
Coots-Ghost

PP2:
TK-Lindblom-Frost
Provorov-Sanheim

PK1:
Coots-Grabner
Provorov-Sanheim

PK2:
G-Nash
Morin-Myers

:thumbu:

Crazy young team though

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
One of the biggest dissapointments of the season was Radko Gudas.

We needed his net front presence and calm influence. He provided none of it but even managed to drag his line down.

If someone bites on him send his ass out.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I look at it like

G NP V
OL RoR TK
Frost Couts NAK
4th line whomever.

What better place to play two rooks than with a selke finalist.

I try to get an asset for Simmonds to not be totally not adding this year and would easily trade the 2 1sts plus one of Hagg/Morin/Gudas (avoid small d log jam).

Imo ROR fixes problems for at least 4 years.

The problem is I sont think ROR is going to come that cheap. Buffalo really needs to start winning. If they're trading away one of their impact players, they're going to want something back that will either help them now, or be so lopsided in futures that it's a no brainer. From a buffalo perspective, that deal probably has to include one of Sanheim or Myers, which is why I'd prefer to stay where we are

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
If we aren't going to play the young D next year, I'll be pissed.

Provorov-Carlson (I know it's not Hextalls plan to sign a FA - but I would be okay with this.)
Sanheim-Ghost
Morin-Myers/XX

AMac/Manning 13th / Pressbox

Let the young guys play

Get rid of Hak ffs.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So is there any preference about which thread I do my Weal gloating in?

I could do it in here... or maybe bump one of the old threads... doesn't matter to me. ;)

Well he was one of our 12 best forwards this year. Our dumbf*** of a coach couldnt figure that out though.

Reactions: BillDineen

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If we aren't going to play the young D next year, I'll be pissed.

Provorov-Carlson (I know it's not Hextalls plan to sign a FA - but I would be okay with this.)
Sanheim-Ghost
Morin-Myers/XX

AMac/Manning 13th / Pressbox

Let the young guys play

Get rid of Hak ffs.

Carlson would be a massive addition. I think theyll wait and target Doughty though.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Weal was no better than those mediocre veterans, too slow, too small, mini-Giroux in that he makes the same moves with far less effect.
18 ES points in 69 games playing 3rd line minutes, and he's a liability on defense.
He tries hard, but sometimes there just isn't enough talent there.
With Laughton moving to LW, Raffl, Lindblom and Giroux, there's no room on the island.

I expect another Cousins trade for a 4th or 5th rd pick.

46zone

Pass me the soft pretzels
Feb 5, 2007
Philadelphia
I dont think JT is the right guy.

Imo...id be trying to pry ROR out of Buffalo and put him on the 2nd line. Patrick on top line, Couts on 3rd (not because he's a 3rd liner only) line. Imo the team will be better with 3 centers of size. Contract still enough years left to be decent and hes young enough still.

ROR would be a great addition, and he'd be worth the price. This team needs an impact forward added to the middle six if they want to be able to compete with the top teams in the east.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Well I dont think they should piss away 18-19, but I get your point.
There unfortunately is no way to improve this team results wise without spending money. Going young helps in the long term but I do not think it would get them past the first round, which I would be completely fine with. Adding someone like Carlson would help immensely but he wouldn’t be worth losing out on Doughty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad