Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This was an example of a deal that was offered on the main boards for Simmonds:

Bennett and Ferland for Simmonds

Now bear with me on this. Ferland had 29 ES points this past year. Simmonds had 28. So essentially that replaces Simmonds at ES points wise...and physical wise. He only has 1 year left before becoming a UFA. Currently makes $1.75 mill. He could be used as a 1 year stopgap, or re-signed depending on the cost.

Bennett has underachieved. No doubt about that. Adding him has risk but also has upside. He could slot into the #3C spot right now until Frost is ready, then move to LW. You could end up with a homerun if the change of teams makes an impact on him. He had 20 ES points this past year and is still only 21 years old....same draft as Sanheim. With him being cost controlled, he can be part of the future core even if in a depth role. He allows other kids to get their footing in the AHL this coming year and the following year if they need it.(talking about guys like Ratcliffe, Rubstov)

Essentially they fill 2 of the 3rd line spots that need filling and with Laughton, it could be a good hound line.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t see how anyone can think Hak gets fired. With the wrong perspective, Hakstol could have had a masterful year. Bringing the team together after losing 10. Finishing third in the metro. Taking the pens to nealry one period and a game of a game 7. I know it’s insane, but there is enough there that Hakstol will play out his contract through next year. He will have wasted 4 years of Gs career, but this upcoming year will be the worst. I personally am just hoping Hakstol doesn’t get extended...

Reactions: Rebels57

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
This team needs a reliable vet presence on defense the successful past flyers teams had a quality vet dman u had pronger,timonen, desjardains, a goalie and upgrade the bottom 2 lines it should be an interesting off season.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This team just needs depth, and some patience with young kids, very few players are instant stars.

Provorov is going to be a great defenseman, his game needs polish, he has to be more careful with the puck, but his offense made great strides.
Sanheim found out what he needs to get better, if he commits himself this off season he can be a top four defenseman.
Patrick should be much better, as will Lindblom.
Konecny should continue to get stronger and hopefully more focused on playing a two way game
Laughton showed while he's a mediocre center, he has real potential at LW.

That's a solid young core going forward, to go with Couts and Ghost.
Add NAK and Morin, throw in Hagg, and more than half the roster next year is going to be 26 or under.

The key is adding some more depth, both young players with upside and maybe a veteran patch or two that's an upgrade over Weise, Lehtera, and Read. Move out Leier and Weal, you got your shot, those roster spots are better served for players with a chance to be here in 2-3 years.

I wouldn't knee jerk dump Gudas or Simmonds, but I'd certainly be talking to people.
If I can move MacDonald for salary retained, I'd take the draft pick.
If someone wants to make me a big offer for Jake, well, to me he's no more part of the future than Schenn.
Just lacks the IQ, heart and discipline to be a key cog in a SC winner, no matter how many empty stats he puts up.

Ron will take a deep breath, review film, talk with Hakstol, then start moving the pieces around in June.
I don't expect a blockbuster move (other than a Voracek trade), but a lot of little moves, reshaping the roster to fit his vision.

Reactions: Devonator

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Trade Voracek for the rights to Tavares plus conditional picks if he doesn't sign? That would be pretty wild. That's more like a Holmgren move.

I mean you trade Voracek after you sign Tavares (if you can).

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
This was an example of a deal that was offered on the main boards for Simmonds:

Bennett and Ferland for Simmonds

Now bear with me on this. Ferland had 29 ES points this past year. Simmonds had 28. So essentially that replaces Simmonds at ES points wise...and physical wise. He only has 1 year left before becoming a UFA. Currently makes $1.75 mill. He could be used as a 1 year stopgap, or re-signed depending on the cost.

Bennett has underachieved. No doubt about that. Adding him has risk but also has upside. He could slot into the #3C spot right now until Frost is ready, then move to LW. You could end up with a homerun if the change of teams makes an impact on him. He had 20 ES points this past year and is still only 21 years old....same draft as Sanheim. With him being cost controlled, he can be part of the future core even if in a depth role. He allows other kids to get their footing in the AHL this coming year and the following year if they need it.(talking about guys like Ratcliffe, Rubstov)

Essentially they fill 2 of the 3rd line spots that need filling and with Laughton, it could be a good hound line.
great trade. Sign me up. Ferlsnd would replace Simmonds easy. Bennett will get better to.

Reactions: wufuhimself

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Ferland played on Jonny hockey's line to get those even strength , i like Bennett enough but no thanks to Ferland.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
If Simmonds isn’t dealt this offseason, it’ll be a major red flag that Hextall didn’t learn from the mistakes that eventually got the Kings to where they are now.
Kind kicked as and won two and should have let some players go but Simmonds hasn't done nothing.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Now all the anger is gone. I can say im proud of all the young players. Even the ones people criticized alot. Im happy for Couts and the yeat he had. The team has to retool and cut some dead weight off the roster but i feel like they will be ready to push for the playoffs next year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jay-...-Hasnt-Changed-But-Neither-Shou8230/251/92511

He’s pretty tied into the organization. So:
No Simmonds trade
No big money spent
No Frost
Morin and Vorobyev added.

With Hakstol back, can’t wait for that next year.

That was an absolutely pathetic article.

So much f***ing bullshit in there I don't even know where to begin. My particular favorite was blaming Patrick for Gudas' 1st costly turnover on the Pens 3rd goal.

Lost all respect I had for Greenberg.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You have to royally f*** up to get fired as quick as Lombardi did after the success of that team which he did. The drafting, cap/asset management, unwillingness to change in overall philosophy, etc. was horrendous. Fortunately for LA he wouldn’t fire Sutter otherwise that doofus might still be there digging the hole deeper. Then he embarrassed USA Hockey at the World Cup for good measure.

Unfortunately that guy is now apart of our brain trust.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
tyler bozak or lars eller is the type of center they should be looking for in free agency. the only player in free agency i would break the bank for is john carlson. jvr or kane would be nice but i am expecting both to get huge contracts.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Reactions: wufuhimself
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad