2018 off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
music to my ears, depending on price. IMO solves a lot of issues and creates a tough lineup to match against.
Minnesota could definitely put together a better package for ROR than the Flyers but would have to shed a ton of capspace to do it. I do think there’s a 50/50 shot Botterill screws this up by asking for the moon like he did with Kane and doesn’t trade him. At that point, I hope the wheels completely fall out and it turns into a dumpster fire.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Minnesota could definitely put together a better package for ROR than the Flyers but would have to shed a ton of capspace to do it. I do think there’s a 50/50 shot Botterill screws this up by asking for the moon like he did with Kane and doesn’t trade him. At that point, I hope the wheels completely fall out and it turns into a dumpster fire.

Really?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Did Mackenzie forget to put his teeth back in?

Oh, and:

Lame D Mandog-a, Provy at your side
Wonder how your assignment was so open wide

Late game lead is when you're playing
Jori skatin' like he's pushing ninety-one
Travises already in their street clothes
See, now they won!

Lame D Mandog-a, boxed in your own zone
Wonder why you left the crease front all alone

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
its doubtful many teams could put up a better package than us...but VERY few of us want to deal anybody.

I mean, on paper Morin, Rubstov and one of our firsts is 3 firsts for ROR...but the first two dont have that real value anymore.

Gudas, Simmonds are the only NHL roster vet guys worth anything id deal.

Sanheim, Frost, Lindblom are prospect non starters.

I want ROR to give NP easier matchups and IMO ROR at C this year means frost can be NHL LW on RORs 3rd line and have less responsibility in year 1.

People want Frost at C, but that IMO is not realistic in 2018...to much pressure. ROR gives him 2+ years to figure out the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbythebrain

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The wheels were never on.

60d3532cfaf046824273e24d044d7f64.jpg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
To simmonds resigning? I mean, at the right term its ok, right?

4 years yes? 6 years no?

I don't think there is a right term personally. I think we need to move him out, and have thought so for a long time. If we don't, that's fine, because I like him as a person, but I think he gives us less than most people think he does (and I could be completely wrong, who knows).

Reactions: Striiker

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
No. I don't think Simmonds should be signed for 4 years either.

Why are we wanting to pay our #3 RW 6 million per for his 31-34 year old seasons?
in general, its just time to move on from the roster spot for you? If Voracek was dealt and simmonds was 2nd line RW...is 4y x 6m an issue for you?

Reactions: hatcher

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think the Simmonds situation plays out like this:

He is not traded this summer.
He plays all season on the Flyers.
He leaves as a UFA next summer.

Just a gut feeling.

Reactions: klutch

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
He’d be a moron to sign a four deal anyway unless the AAV was jacked up to like $7M.
well in theory you could say the same about Nick Foles. Turned down likely more $$ and near guaranteed opportunity to start in CLE to stay here as a backup. Granted...the situation is MUCH better in PHI than CLE.

But moneys not everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad