2018 off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Wonder if it’s for a defenseman or winger in return if it’s not future based. I could see a ton of teams in the West being interested in a player swap. Adding 19 to Simmonds could bring in a big upgrade.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Someone with a sub can confirm it but Michael Russo (guy who initially reported Simmonds potentially being moved) said Simmonds isn’t really on Minnesota’s radar. Either due to a lack of interest or that Minnesota is possibly one of the teams on his no trade list.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Friedman saying Craig Anderson is available now too. I honestly think he would be a good fit here with Elliott. They would have to take Neuvy back of course.

37 years old, and 2 years left at 4.75m per year. That's scary to me.

Reactions: Tripod

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Also worth noting that Friedman did say Simmonds no trade list was due last week. I love meltzer but I believe he could be moved still.

Also, one player I think could be moved in a deal that hasn’t been mentioned. Scott Laughton. I think he could be valued by some GMs and we use him in a packaged type deal along with other assets.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
It is worth a shot but I doubt Dorion accepts less than a 3rd, unless Anderson requested a trade.
I don’t think he holds that much value honestly. Teams know he is at the end of his career. Also his wife again plays a major part of where he goes too. Sens looking for any high pick for him I just move on then. Circle back and see if the price comes down if he isn’t moved. Not a pressing need to trade for him.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Hart will very likely not be 1 and done in the AHL.

Goalies in there late 30's are voodoo.
If he progresses well he is Anderson’s back up in 2019. Then Anderson expires and hart takes the reigns. Unless hart shits the bed I don’t think he stays in the AHL for longer than next season. He needs to produce though. If he struggles for sure, I can see his tenure there being longer.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Colton Parayko being whispered about too. I would easily give them their pick back++ for him.

Expansion draft is still far away so I’m not entirely worried about that until we get closer about develop and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad