Speculation: 2018 Off-season Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I know plenty of Leafs fans who wouldn't touch HF Leafs with a 10-meter moose prod.

I was a Hawks fan dating back from before Phoenix got a team, but Hawks board here was more toxic than f=40 has ever been when I joined back around 2001 or so as "Del". I tried posting in both forums briefly, but couldn't take it. The team was crap on ice, and the fanbase here was so sour. I browse it still during the season, but rarely post in it, though it's a lot better than it was back then.

I can't imagine what the Leafs board was like in their rebuild with the size of the fanbase.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I was a Hawks fan dating back from before Phoenix got a team, but Hawks board here was more toxic than f=40 has ever been when I joined back around 2001 or so as "Del". I tried posting in both forums briefly, but couldn't take it. The team was crap on ice, and the fanbase here was so sour. I browse it still during the season, but rarely post in it, though it's a lot better than it was back then.

I can't imagine what the Leafs board was like in their rebuild with the size of the fanbase.
I don't think I have ever even looked at the Leafs board on here?? I can get all my Leaf info fairly easily from the media.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
Are you though? Literally all of your posts are on the Coyotes board.

We accept him. We will accept you too if you'd like. We funny. We post dank memes. We laugh at ourselves. We fight and make up pretty quick. It's the weather, it makes us somewhat pleasant. So come on over bud. Be a premium poster. Join us in "this person sucks" threads. Grab a toaster. Experience @Jakey53.

We know you want to, you found these posts afterall...:)

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
We accept him. We will accept you too if you'd like. We funny. We post dank memes. We laugh at ourselves. We fight and make up pretty quick. It's the weather, it makes us somewhat pleasant. So come on over bud. Be a premium poster. Join us in "this person sucks" threads. Grab a toaster. Experience @Jakey53.

We know you want to, you found these posts afterall...:)
dank-meme.jpg

Reactions: Mosby and RABBIT

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Totally my opinion here, but I think that one of Fischer or Hinostroza is going to break out this year. I think Fischer has a realistic chance at 45-55 points.

Reactions: EXTRAS

cobra427

May 6, 2012
How many points u expect outta fischer this year?
Hard to say, 30-35 is my realistic guess. He could regress and end up in the AHL like Duclair or have less points like Domi did last year. 40+ is the upside. Out of Fischer/Perlini/Keller/Strome, everyone expects all of them to improve and have better years this year. I think two will and two won't, not sure who though.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
sooooooooo....what's the over/under on us acquiring the rest of Zetterburg's contract? why do i feel Chayka is already circling. Would love to get Anthanasiou somehow ;)

I don't see it. I mean, this scenario has been available all summer (and beyond) with the Franzen contract.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think Ottawa will be fairly desperate to make cap floor; especially if Duchesne and Stone elect for free agency.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I think Ottawa will be fairly desperate to make cap floor; especially if Duchesne and Stone elect for free agency.

So the cap-floor is 58.8 million dollars? But the Sens are at 70.8 per Capfriendly. Next year is next year.

Another thing is the market of trading for dead contracts should be taken over by them, from what I understand they really don't like spending.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Are you though? Literally all of your posts are on the Coyotes board.
Lord of Leaf Fans.

Uh-oh, first we get Montreal fans fighting about Galchenyuk in here, and now this :laugh:
Yea, that was strange. I suspect that there are so many posters on Leafs and Habs boards that 30 seconds after posting the comment is 3 pages back. I think that they come here so that somebody actually reads their posts.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Are the Morrissey and Nurse contracts good comps for Chychrun next year, right now? I'm interested to see how Chychrun does this year and if we bridge him or give him a long term deal.

What about Nick Ritchie as a low comp for Perlini?

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Just read a seemingly credible report that Mark Stone wants out of OTT. Really hope Chayka is working on this asap. Strome + Goligoski + Panik + 2019 1st rounder for Stone and Ceci? Not sure they would want to get rid of Ceci, who is a right shot by the way, but if there was a way to make that happen it would be huge. Don’t even care as much about Ceci but it would be nice to swap Golly for a younger right shot. Stone would be amazing with this group though

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Just read a seemingly credible report that Mark Stone wants out of OTT. Really hope Chayka is working on this asap. Strome + Goligoski + Panik + 2019 1st rounder for Stone and Ceci? Not sure they would want to get rid of Ceci, who is a right shot by the way, but if there was a way to make that happen it would be huge. Don’t even care as much about Ceci but it would be nice to swap Golly for a younger right shot. Stone would be amazing with this group though
Lol. Wait til he's a UFA then go all in. Not before.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Lol. Wait til he's a UFA then go all in. Not before.
If they know he wants out they are not going to let him get to UFA and get nothing for him...that would be senseless.

Keller-Stepan-Stone
Perlini-Galchenyuk-Fischer
Grabner-Dvorak-Hinostroza
Crouse-Richardson/Dauphin-Cousins

OEL-Demers
Chychrun-Hjalmarsson
Connauton/Oesterle-Ceci

Yes please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events