Speculation: 2018 Off-season Thread #2

Player most likely to end up on another team before preseason?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I must be missing something, because Nino, Zucker (when signed), and Ennis is like $13m or more coming in with 2 ELCs going out. Doesn't seem super plausible.

Yeah, this seems fishy. The last Athletic report, Chayka ripped to shreds. I know every columnist is different, but I can't imagine seeing Dvo shipped out.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yeah, this seems fishy. The last Athletic report, Chayka ripped to shreds. I know every columnist is different, but I can't imagine seeing Dvo shipped out.

I believe Russo. I just don't see how the Coyotes add like $11m net in salary like that. Goligoski is from Minny and went to college there, he may have been involved.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Any and all players should be available. The price to acquire them is the question.

I don't know if Nino really solves the gap at RW, while replacing Domi with Zucker works okay, but Zucker may have been more amenable to a cost-conscious type of deal than what Domi would get at a similar age. I would also think that we gave up on Dvorak early, but you do have to give to get. The C depth would be Stepan/XXXXX/Strome/Kruger and Kruger would be coming back from injury, so more question marks surround that idea.

I am assuming that this also would have manifested itself in some other type of deal for a C, whether via trade or free agency. But adding that salary would limit us on the centers, as I doubt we could afford Stastny. Filppula would kind of be the first free agent C that we wouldn't break our budget numbers by, IMO. Yes, we can afford more, but let's also not pretend that we are going to bump right up against the ceiling of the cap.

Glad that was not the trade package.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I believe Russo. I just don't see how the Coyotes add like $11m net in salary like that. Goligoski is from Minny and went to college there, he may have been involved.
That trade would make no sense if Gogo was included. Glad we didn't do that proposed trade.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Another player who I don't particularly like, but might be a good add at this moment would be Kunitz (UFA).

Perlini - Stepan - Keller
Dvo - Galchenyuk - Fischer
Crouse- Kruger - Cousins
Kunitz - Strome - Panik

Some secondary scoring to add to the bottom of the lineup. Experienced guy to play with Strome. Net presence. Size, willingness and experience to play "between the circles". Familiarity with Tocchett and the system.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Absolutely not on Kunitz. Guy is so far passed his prime that hes now dead weight. Its either retirement or Europe. Frankly, the guys terrible.

Reactions: Lilhoody and Mosby

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He had a terrible post season, but still got 12 minutes a night on a deep Tampa team, including pk time. He had one less point than Perlini last year without Perlini's 1:46 of PP time per game.
I agree he's way past his prime, but that's why he's penciled in on the fourth line and not in the top six.
I have never actually liked him, but I think he'd be worth a kick of the tires as a role player with a little scoring to his game.

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It's from a few days ago but LeBrun says Hawks talked to Coyotes about taking Hossa. Coyotes aren't too interested.

Reactions: Grimes

Antonche

Jan 13, 2015
Russia, Siberia.
We needs one or two wingers now. If Strome will play on the wing:
Panik - Stepan - Keller
Crouse - Galchenyuk - Strome
Perlini - Dvorak - Fischer
XXXX - Kruger - Cousins

XXXX - maybe Bunting?

or

Panik - Stepan - Keller
Dvorak - Galchenyuk - Fischer
Crouse - Strome - Perlini
Cousins - Kruger - Merkley

But most likely we'll trading Strome or Dvorak for winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad