GDT: 2018 NLCS: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Milwaukee Brewers

Who wins this series and advances to the World Series?

• Total voters

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Good lord, Gio already out.

I really don't know how you can win a WS with 1 starting pitcher who goes max 5-6 innings (Chacin) and then largely bullpen games for the rest.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
A reliever taking Kershaw deep in the postseason... Kersh gonna Kersh.

What a moonshot by Woodruff tho. First left batting pitcher to take a lefty pitcher deep in the playoffs.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
I have a question. If Freese didn't make that catch and the runner scored from 2nd, would the runner have to go back to 3rd due to catcher's interference? Or is it like football where they could just decline penalty and take the run? Or does the play become dead once the catcher interferes?

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I have a question. If Freese didn't make that catch and the runner scored from 2nd, would the runner have to go back to 3rd due to catcher's interference? Or is it like football where they could just decline penalty and take the run? Or does the play become dead once the catcher interferes?
Yes. Catcher’s interference is a dead ball.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Nope it's a live ball situation so the runners could advance at will.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
No this isn’t right.

Edit. I think you’re right. TIL.

It's a dead ball if the ball is not put in play. But it's still live when it is put in play with interference.

Makes sense, if you still get a hit despite the catcher interfering, it should count because if anything it put hitter at a disadvantage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad