GDT: 2018 NLCS: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Milwaukee Brewers

Who wins this series and advances to the World Series?

• Total voters

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Cody Bellinger is named NLCS MVP. Didn’t do much in the series besides that homerun but honestly can’t think of who I would have preferred to have won that award.

Is it really that impossible to give it to a member of the losing team? You could argue Hader or Wade Miley if it's not completely taboo. If you had to give it to a Dodger, I hate to say it but Machado probably should have been the one to get it. Or just give it to Kenley Jansen and call it a day. I don't get Bellinger, his wasn't even the biggest HR of Game 7.

Reactions: Wrigley

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Is it really that impossible to give it to a member of the losing team? You could argue Hader or Wade Miley if it's not completely taboo. If you had to give it to a Dodger, I hate to say it but Machado probably should have been the one to get it. Or just give it to Kenley Jansen and call it a day. I don't get Bellinger, his wasn't even the biggest HR of Game 7.
A member of the opposing team winning an LCS or World Series MVP is basically unheard of. I don’t think it’s ever happened in a championship series and I believe Bobby Richardson of the Yankees in the 1960 World Series was the only MVP from a losing team. I forgot about Bellinger’s walk off hit in Game 4 and a game-saving catch earlier in the series so he had a few good moments. Still, I was surprised that he won it. I thought it was going to be either Machado or Puig to win the NLCS MVP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->