2018 NHL Maple Leafs Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'll give my 2 cents and prediction:

Martin does gets traded for a late round pick.
Leivo stays
Glendening acquired for 2 picks mid round picks, one this year one next year.

Nothing else done.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
My guess.

Lamoriello has made some offers on players and said that's my offer and let me know.

I doubt he gets into any sort of bidding war, and probably would be just as happy to do nothing rather than up his bid.

Certainly, easy to suggest a defender and a center, but probably nothing long term a player under contract next year at most. (Glendening being a 3 year 4th. liner would fill a role.)

Uneventful and doesn't want to show up at the boat race with a paddle canoe when everyone else has 200 HP outboards.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I'll give my 2 cents and prediction:

Martin does gets traded for a late round pick.
Leivo stays
Glendening acquired for 2 picks mid round picks, one this year one next year.

Nothing else done.

I think they also acquire a veteran NHL defenseman. He may be good enough to use instead of Polak. Or he might just be an NHL-capable spare piece in case of injury.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
trading JVR for futures would be a slap in the face of the players that are putting up a historic Leafs regular season. management obviously values winning and they won't mess with that unless the haul is significant and an obvious steal.

What if we parlay those assets+ into a McDonagh/Tanev/OEL? Maybe not by the deadline, but in the summer.

Or would you prefer we trade our 1st + Liljegren/Kapanen and lose JVR for nothing?

Reactions: realgoodleafs

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
To recap it was nice of the Penguins to bring some entertainment to the weekend.

Have to say most of their success has been based on franchise players, Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby, Malkin.

Luck certainly has played a role.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
No one has any Leaf Buzz?

Kk, I’ll give my Leaf predictions.

- Matt Martin remains a Leaf past the deadline

- Leafs do a lot of work on McDonagh, Tanev and even OEL, nothing materializes, but a deal likely happens in the summer

- Leafs acquire Luke Glendening

- Leafs trade Leo Komarov for more than what they give for Glendening, selling off a UFA and opening a spot for Leivo

- Leafs trade Martin Marincin for a 4th-6th Round Pick

- Leafs acquire a d-man no one has really discussed, to replace Polak/Carrick on the bottom pairing.

you make me sad.
you're mean.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
I like that. Would like to see how many points Hoffman would get on a line with Matthews probably more then Nylander and + Hoffman goes in to the dirty areas not like Nylander the guy is afraid.

Perfect fit on that line will be Grundstrom.. it's redundant to go for forwards at this point

Lethalsniper007

Aug 2, 2005
Perfect fit on that line will be Grundstrom.. it's redundant to go for forwards at this point
Grundstrom has not played a game in the nhl and a lot of you guys are saying he’s going be a
Good player who knows....man Hoffman has 40 points on a crappy team

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Grundstrom has not played a game in the nhl and a lot of you guys are saying he’s going be a
Good player who knows....man Hoffman has 40 points on a crappy team

You're acting like Hoffman is the best player in the world. He put up a career high last year.. lol Nylander did this 7 years young and is on pace to do it again..

You're just the kinda person who tears down a player bc they "play with Matthews".. Nylander is worth 6 mill given his age and production level. That works with Hyman not Nylander whose been a top player in every league he's been in

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Don’t recall seeing so many players healthy scratched leading up to the deadline. Is it possible there are trades lined up and being help back for deadline day?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think they also acquire a veteran NHL defenseman. He may be good enough to use instead of Polak. Or he might just be an NHL-capable spare piece in case of injury.

I don't see the need personally but maybe.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
No one has any Leaf Buzz?

Kk, I’ll give my Leaf predictions.

- Matt Martin remains a Leaf past the deadline

- Leafs do a lot of work on McDonagh, Tanev and even OEL, nothing materializes, but a deal likely happens in the summer

- Leafs acquire Luke Glendening

- Leafs trade Leo Komarov for more than what they give for Glendening, selling off a UFA and opening a spot for Leivo

- Leafs trade Martin Marincin for a 4th-6th Round Pick

- Leafs acquire a d-man no one has really discussed, to replace Polak/Carrick on the bottom pairing.

OK, here is my buzz

After Boston eats our lunch tonight and then make a big roster add tomorrow and EK ends up in Tbay tomorrow

sweet Lou wakes up and moves our important UFAs on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad