2018 NHL Maple Leafs Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Nobody has insider information out of Toronto these days.

They got their information locked up tight.

Lou disseminates his information on a need to know basis to very selective parties for very specific reasons and goal oriented outcomes.

All the “information” comes for opposing teams essentially who may feel like it needs to be out there for other reasons, or reasons not intended.

Chuck! What's up man?...

As for your response, not really surprising. Lou is a vault when it comes to information. Always thought your sources were from the Leafs end of things for some odd reason. Anyways, thanks for responding! :)

Reactions: ChuckWoods

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
You have to admire a GM that's willing to go up to the plate and take a home run cut

you utterly crack me up:laugh: , have some patience for crying out loud, we finished last 1 3/4 seasons ago

how long has Nashv been a contender?

and i would argue one of his "home run cuts" was a massive fail

Jones for??????? 8g + 31 A 8 millon cap hit Johansen epic fail.:laugh: Horrid horrid trade off.

You know who else made "homerun cuts"????

FUrke the blowhard.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
wish he was our GM.

Seth Jones for 8g + 31a ,,,,,,,,,,8 million cap hit Johansen????

PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbd:

Honest question DJ

How would you feel if our GM had traded a top pairing RHSD Seth Jones 23y, 5 more years at 5.3m emerging "near elite" RHS D

for a 25y ,,,8g+ 31 a,,,8 million cap hit C?

This was a brutal ,epic,proportion trade

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Nashville was in on Nash real good... I wonder if they 'panic' and throw a lot of assets at JVR? Maybe E. Kane?

Probably not, but worth keeping an eye on that.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Nashville was in on Nash real good... I wonder if they 'panic' and throw a lot of assets at JVR? Maybe E. Kane?

Probably not, but worth keeping an eye on that.

I know, i'm going to sound like a dck but meh, so what

Do you remember our heated debates about Dions and Kessels contracts?

I was screaming that Kessel was worth 6.5m and dion 5.5m and look where they settled. one team at 6.8 and the other at 5.25m ,

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
you utterly crack me up:laugh: , have some patience for crying out loud, we finished last 1 3/4 seasons ago

how long has Nashv been a contender?

and i would argue one of his "home run cuts" was a massive fail

Jones for??????? 8g + 31 A 8 millon cap hit Johansen epic fail.:laugh: Horrid horrid trade off.

You know who else made "homerun cuts"????

FUrke the blowhard.

What part of admiring the Preds GM for his risk taking has anything to do with the Leafs?

It's not like I'm asking Lou to go out and bid on Karlsson is it?

I noticed you didn't list the Subban Weber trade in that lot and Johansson for Jones got his team a 1C as well as Turris this year, he's done way more good than bad

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Dante Fabbro
Eeli Tolvanen
Yakov Trenin
Craig Smith
Ryan Ellis
1st 2018

for

Erik Karlsson
Bobby Ryan

Would not do that if I were Nashville. Like not even close. Upgrading from Ellis to Karlsson is not worth Tolvanen, Fabbro and a 1st, especially taking back Bobby Ryan as well. If Ottawa got anything resembling this then they should trade Karlsson yesterday given the circumstances. Karlsson is good, but they sure as hell better win if they did this.

Reactions: Faltorvo

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
What part of admiring the Preds GM for his risk taking has anything to do with the Leafs?

It's not like I'm asking Lou to go out and bid on Karlsson is it?

I noticed you didn't list the Subban Weber trade in that lot and Johansson for Jones got his team a 1C as well as Turris this year, he's done way more good than bad

Subban with a 9 Million cap hit???+ Johansson at 8 million??? = 17m cap

Subban is worth 7m at best and Johansson maybe 6m,,, if i'm feeling generous.

PK as the highest D cap hit in the league is a sick joke and 8 million cap hit for Johansson is equally pathetic.

I'll Take Weber + Jones = 13.2m cap hit IN A HEART BEAT. and then take that 4 million in cap space to add more.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Subban with a 9 Million cap hit???+ Johansson at 8 million??? = 17m cap

Subban is worth 7m at best and Johansson maybe 6m,,, if i'm feeling generous.

I'll Take Weber + Jones = 13.2m cap hit IN A HEART BEAT. and then take that 4 million in cap space to add more.

PK Subban is an elite talent and the rest of there D are on sweetheart deals so it's not an issue if he's paid 9M

Weber? I wouldn't touch him or that contract with a 10 foot pole and they wouldn't have a #1C either without Johnsson

He's not perfect but he's done a good job and he's fun to watch

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
PK Subban is an elite talent and the rest of there D are on sweetheart deals so it's not an issue if he's paid 9M

Weber? I wouldn't touch him or that contract with a 10 foot pole and they wouldn't have a #1C either without Johnsson

PK 9m elite????????
Johansson a 8m #1c???

well that tells me all i need to know about you.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Lou's pretty smart Daisy, he's not going to make a move if it doesn't make sense

Karlsson is never getting traded here by Ottawa

it's not that. like. i know Karlsson would be a major pipe dream trade wise. i just like how Poile is smartly aggressive. like he sees moves that will help the team-and he DOES it. if it bites him he quickly removes the issue. I admire that.

I just feel now that Lou' time is boiling down to the nitty gritty end - what has he done- really - that was worth a 3rd round pick? sure we have Lou's rules, and Gangster Lou and everything ... i dunno. I'm preparing myself for like nothing happening, which will be fine, but i just figure all these other teams re preparing themselves for a long long spring, and it just feels like we're gonna be all ho hum we're good.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

remember that Weber's contract was because of Philly, and at the time there was no way Poile could let Weber walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad