2018 NHL Maple Leafs Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

coachbob59

Feb 13, 2018
What's the asking price for Matts Zucarello? A good replacement for Nylander on the ing should Nylander move to centre?

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Nylander did indeed look good.

But there is the logical side of me that believes this team deserves the best shot to take a cup run right now with what has got us this far already and I hope they keep Bozak on the 3rd line for depth and flexibility reasons and keep Nylander on the wing for now.

Then the selfishness in me wants to deal JVR, Bozak and Komorov, gut the marlies playoff hopes and run with these transactions

- JVR for 2nd + 3rd + Fabbro
- Bozak for a 2nd + 3rd
- Komorov for a 2nd + prospect

- Acquire Glendening for a 3rd and lower tier prospect
- Call up Aaltonen and Johansson

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Marner
A. Johansson - Aaltonen - Brown
Leivo - Moore - Glendening
Martin

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Polak / Carrick

Then next year you would have an NHL Ready Fabbro+Grundstrom to slide into the line up, as well as any additional depth free agents.

I dont like playing fantasy GM but thats what I personally do, as I believe that team can compete if healthy.

If injuries occur it gets dicey.
Why the hell do you care about the marlies PO run????

Leafs needs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marlies

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
Was at the game tonight.absolutely we should trade jvr.
Bozak I’d keep. Komarov keep only if we play him in the 4th line. Hyman is not a top 9 player.kappanen is a top 9 player.
My prediction from watching the game real close Dermott will be our best dman in two years. Kid is rock solid.oh and for the marner haters his hockey IQ is through the roof.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Seems like the media just cannot get some real info on the Leafs .. I feel like they're just making the logic assumptions (the want a better #4C; Leivo/Martin could be expendable given their usage; need defensive help) and linking whatever names that are available to them.

Pleks would be a solid add for the fourth line though. However I haven't minded Moore's game lately.

I miss ChuckWoods, but I think his Leaf sources were from the Burke/Nonis regime. That's why we never see him post in here anymore.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Was at the game tonight.absolutely we should trade jvr.
Bozak I’d keep. Komarov keep only if we play him in the 4th line. Hyman is not a top 9 player.kappanen is a top 9 player.
My prediction from watching the game real close Dermott will be our best dman in two years. Kid is rock solid.oh and for the marner haters his hockey IQ is through the roof.

Marner hater???? bahahahahaha

you have a better chance of finding bigfoot.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Nylander did indeed look good.

But there is the logical side of me that believes this team deserves the best shot to take a cup run right now with what has got us this far already and I hope they keep Bozak on the 3rd line for depth and flexibility reasons and keep Nylander on the wing for now.

Then the selfishness in me wants to deal JVR, Bozak and Komorov, gut the marlies playoff hopes and run with these transactions

- JVR for 2nd + 3rd + Fabbro
- Bozak for a 2nd + 3rd
- Komorov for a 2nd + prospect

- Acquire Glendening for a 3rd and lower tier prospect
- Call up Aaltonen and Johansson

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Marner
A. Johansson - Aaltonen - Brown
Leivo - Moore - Glendening
Martin

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Polak / Carrick

Then next year you would have an NHL Ready Fabbro+Grundstrom to slide into the line up, as well as any additional depth free agents.

I dont like playing fantasy GM but thats what I personally do, as I believe that team can compete if healthy.

If injuries occur it gets dicey.

There are certainly many reasonable approaches to this, but, if Nylander earns it he earns it. I don't think we can hold him back.

I am definitely ready to get some futures as you proposed, not against any of that.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
There are certainly many reasonable approaches to this, but, if Nylander earns it he earns it. I don't think we can hold him back.

I am definitely ready to get some futures as you proposed, not against any of that.
Babs can do what ever he wants, he is the coach

Reactions: hullsy47

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
According to Yost, Nashville and Ottawa framework of a Karlsson deal wouldn't require a 3rd team.

I assume Ryan Ellis would be going to Ottawa

Josi-Karlsson
Ekholm-Subban

Holy damn.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
According to Yost, Nashville and Ottawa framework of a Karlsson deal wouldn't require a 3rd team.

Josi-Karlsson
Ekholm-Subban

Holy damn.

no fair :( Poile taking all the good defensemen

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Kypreos saying the "parameters" of Nash to Boston is in place but not yet a done deal. Whatever that means.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Bruins close to acquiring Nash per Kypreos.

Also looking at another move to clear salary per Friedman.

Also as per Friedman, Leafs are not in on Letestu as he previously reported.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
this is funny.
LA kings want Patches because they need goal scoring in the playoffs.
obviously they don't watch Montreal's playoff games.

Reactions: htpwn

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

Josi-Karlsson
Ekholm-Subban

Holy damn.

Holly CHT

about the last team i would have guessed

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
I miss ChuckWoods, but I think his Leaf sources were from the Burke/Nonis regime. That's why we never see him post in here anymore.

Nobody has insider information out of Toronto these days.

They got their information locked up tight.

Lou disseminates his information on a need to know basis to very selective parties for very specific reasons and goal oriented outcomes.

All the “information” comes for opposing teams essentially who may feel like it needs to be out there for other reasons, or reasons not intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad