GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft | TRADE: [EDM/MTL] Hayden Hawkey acquired in exchange for EDM 5th '19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
not a side ways move

Hanifan for Hamilton yes--it is the addition of lindholm is the thing that grabs our attention that tilts that trade

Lindholm isn’t that good. You think waiting for RNH to breakout was annoying? Lindholm hasn’t even gotten to that level yet.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Our whole division is loading up bigtime. Kings got Kovy. SJ and Vegas going hard after Tavares. Vegas also going hard after Karlsson. Calgary making a huge trade. Chia feels the pressure to do something. I'm calling it before it happens. Klefbom + Puljujarvi + Lucic + 2019 2nd for Ghost + Simmonds + Lindblom.
Zero chance philly would do that :laugh:

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Our whole division is loading up bigtime. Kings got Kovy. SJ and Vegas going hard after Tavares. Vegas also going hard after Karlsson. Calgary making a huge trade. Chia feels the pressure to do something. I'm calling it before it happens. Klefbom + Puljujarvi + Lucic + 2019 2nd for Ghost + Simmonds + Lindblom.
Zero chance philly would do that :laugh:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Anyone else finding that posts are appearing, disappearing, then reappearing? I saw a quote from seachd's comment but didn't see the original post. Now I see the comment but not the quote.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
LOTS of goalies going late in this draft. Definitely not hating the Rodrigue pick at this point.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I look at it as they traded two players with similar production Ferland for Lind but did get younger

Then they traded a proven point priducing defender who has really gone into his game for a defender that they hope can do the same thing but hasn't proven he can. Again a bit younger

Then on top of it they throw in one of their top defense prospects in Fox which again is taking away from the future of the team. Especially for a team who constantly throws away their draft picks.

Essentially they have now trurned a 1st in an two 2nds all of which were from an extremely deep draft and a early 3rd (Fox) who has been developing nicely into Noah Hanifin who hasn't shown he can be what he was projected to be yet. Who knows he might turn into an excellent top pairing defender all just hopes right now though. Even if he gets better year after year how long does it take to get to what they already had in Dougie? Just seems weird when the sense I got from the decisions the flames have been making the last couple years was they were going for a win now mentality.

Two first round picks four 2nd round picks and a great defense prospect and you have Hamonic and Hanifin to show for it. This doesn't seem like great asset management to me. Also don't mind me rambling been tipping a few back lol

This was meant to be a reply but the site is crapping out on me

Players like Hamilton don't come around too often but he has been traded twice in the last 4 years. I don't know if there are some other issues-possibly. Long term, Calgary may win the deal but right now it looks like Carolina has the upper hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad