2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread (Less then 24 Hours Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Really it's Smith, Kaut, Kravtsov, Farabee or Hayton that I'd trade into the 20's to grab. Anyone else and it wouldn't be worth it IMO

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Here's how I'd feel with the following at No.3:

Kotkaneimi: anxious
Tkachuk: intrigued
Zadina: encouraged
Dobson: calm

Don't fear a gaffe with No. 3.

Free Agency will supply the fear.

Free Agency will supply the fear. MB says no quick fix; he's thinking long term, even the state of things for the gent that may follow him.

Color me skeptical.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
They draft tkachuk and I'm not posting anything about it. Even though I will be drunk.

It will be a huge mistake and that's all that needs to be said. Not because of the players quality but because of what we will be passing on for a piece that doesn't move the needle for what needs to be created here.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
I should be more excited than I am nervous about today, but with MB anything is possible :teach2:

I'd be happiest with Zadina, Kotkaniemi, or Dobson, but a couple others I could live with.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah it's a big jump but don't see how it's warranted. There's skating and defensive issues.

I don't buy this rumour. The kid will be there at 35 & 38.. and I still think there's a chance we pass... this is just the media trying to link the Habs to the Franco Q player

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Who are your guys ND?

Brady tkachuk at 3
Veleno
M and A Samuelsson
Ginning
McLeod
Groulx
Mcbain (third rounder who will go in the 2nd)
Miller (won't care if we Gamble)
Merkley (we won't gamble)
And some later round guys like Bahl, Konddlik, basically anyone big who lacks skill

I don't like Ginning, Groulx. I like McBain & McLeod but only if they slip to late 2nd. I like Miller, no problem taking him at 35.... Merkley??? Veleno is fine outside the top 20.

I Really don't like McIsaac in the top 40.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
First experience on the Habs board. Not liking it and understanding why our fan base might not be appreciated.

Thanks mate.
Well son, you just barged in and said your opinion and the opinion of two scouts (including buffon) was obviously more valuable than every body in this thread, most scouts and my own opinion.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
The more I watch Tkachuk the more he grows on me he’s looks super strong, has great hands and speed with a high IQ.. just saying

My biggest issue with him for us is that he's much more of a playmaker than a finisher, and we need finishers. Heck of a prospect though for sure, and anyone who has him outside the top 10 is nuts.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Final wish list if Svechnikov is gone:

1) Noah Dobson: I'd be ecstatic and relieved. His potential is crazy and he's already so sound and play an all around elite game. Incredible skater and so smart. Best Dmen in the draft for me not named Dahlin. This is my guy. Maritimes kid. Good ol' Canadian
2) Filip Zadina: Always has been 3rd BPA for me but Dobson's potential is what I like better but Zadina will be an incredible goalscorer!
3) Brady Tkachuk: I like his swag and style of play. He's a winner and his skillset is so underrated. I will be happy to have him with us and marketing wise, he will be huge.
4) Adam Boqvist: So dynamic from the back and with tremendous shot and skating. Health issues are concerning but I trust the team's medical staff and their input.
5) Quinn Hughes: TBH, didn't like that he avoided the Combine compared to Dobson but can't deny his talent. Would be a tremendous player.

Reactions: WinterLion

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
They draft tkachuk and I'm not posting anything about it. Even though I will be drunk.

It will be a huge mistake and that's all that needs to be said. Not because of the players quality but because of what we will be passing on for a piece that doesn't move the needle for what needs to be created here.

Yeah but imagine the net front presence!

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It might be draft fatigue but I don't see much of an upside gap between the non svecnikov wingers anymore. If we end up going for a wing with #3 I won't be either thrilled or pissed by any of the usual suspects. I'm firmly on board the kotkaniemi train now I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad